UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Overeem is light years better in striking, and Brock is light years better in wrestling. History and experience tells me the wrestler wins, almost every time. (as much as I hate to admit it)

Very excited for both title fights Saturday

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Overeem is light years better in striking, and Brock is light years better in wrestling. History and experience tells me the wrestler wins, almost every time. (as much as I hate to admit it)

Wrestler is usually the winner, but as stated earlier, Lesnar has not been the best at taking a hit. If lesnar can get in and down quick, he will be alright, but if he has to play around, he is bound to take some hits, and they are not going to be love taps.

I think Maynard has it and I think Aldo has it too.

Interesting that on Ultimate Fighter Florian competed as a middleweight and now we see him 40lbs lower at feather. No way in hell he'd be competitive in Anderson Silva's division today so good for him on dropping to make himself relevant.

I think Maynard has it and I think Aldo has it too.

Interesting that on Ultimate Fighter Florian competed as a middleweight and now we see him 40lbs lower at feather. No way in hell he'd be competitive in Anderson Silva's division today so good for him on dropping to make himself relevant.

I agree with you.

If memory serves me correctly - I understood it that Florian had never ideally fought at middle weight as his desired weight class. He packed on extra lbs just to get on the show. I believe he had always ideally fought around 155. (this 145 cut is hard)

I agree with you.

If memory serves me correctly - I understood it that Florian had never ideally fought at middle weight as his desired weight class. He packed on extra lbs just to get on the show. I believe he had always ideally fought around 155. (this 145 cut is hard)

Makes sense. He doesn't have the right size to be a middle.

Also... Sonnen vs. Stann. Winner could head to title shot against The Spider.

I have to admit I get a lot of enjoyment out of Sonnen's trash talk. He's hilarious and any man that can beat up on Silva for 4.5 rounds is a stud.

Also... Sonnen vs. Stann. Winner could head to title shot against The Spider.

I have to admit I get a lot of enjoyment out of Sonnen's trash talk. He's hilarious and any man that can beat up on Silva for 4.5 rounds is a stud.

Sonnen has been in the game a long time. I think his skills are much better than Stann's. That being said, Sonnen has had a hard time finishing fights, and that always leaves the door wide open for an upset.

Edgar - credit where it's due. Super grinder and came out on top. Too bad no one wants to see IV.

Maynard - that's the way it crumbles. Get comfortable being perennial #2. Feel free to talk to Fitch and Florian.

Florian - no surprises here.

Sonnen - manhandled Stann and cut a great post-fight promo a la WWE.

And will be KILLED by a laughing Silva.

I dunno that sonnen gets killed, but I pick silva in pt 2, again. that said, If it was a lay n' pray victory for sonnen, it wouldn't utterly shock me to set up a part 3. That being said, credit to silva for having his athleticism still, the guy is like 36/37, not too bad!

I give Edgar credit, but honestly at the end of the fight he looked far worse than Maynard, that poor guy gets his ass kicked in almost every fight. I wonder about Edgar/Aldo, tough fight to pick, I figure Edgar, but Id prefer to see Aldo.

For those of you comparing Jones to Valesquez here are the recent photos showing them side by side. For comparison Bader and Valesquez also included... Bader of course a LHW.

cain_velasquez_frankie_edgar_jon_jones_anderson_silva_dominick_bowles_2011_4_29_19_30_0.jpg

size.jpg

jones_velasquez_large.jpg

222695_195717893805356_127197653990714_513028_7791796_n_1_.jpg

1020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

About time Cro Cop retired. It's sad watching him get tuned so badly.

As for Diaz I guess he pushed all the right buttons. After beating up Penn and mouthing off post-fight, GSP ran to Dana and asked for Condit to be put on ice and for St. Pierre-Diaz to happen Super Bowl weekend. Looks like it's on.

About time Cro Cop retired. It's sad watching him get tuned so badly.

As for Diaz I guess he pushed all the right buttons. After beating up Penn and mouthing off post-fight, GSP ran to Dana and asked for Condit to be put on ice and for St. Pierre-Diaz to happen Super Bowl weekend. Looks like it's on.

I just can't see Diaz winning this fight. His wrestling isn't strong enough and GSP will be able to muscle through any sub attempts.

I just can't see Diaz winning this fight. His wrestling isn't strong enough and GSP will be able to muscle through any sub attempts.

I agree. And unlike Penn who has no gas tank GSP can go all day long. I'd like to see GSP tune Diaz then give Cesar Gracie a smackdown too :icon_thumleft:

Predictions from Chael Sonnen, Forrest Griffin, Dan Henderson, Ryan "Master" Bader, and more for this weekend's tilt:

Well that was quick...

Yeah. Overall a very disappointing night for the UFC.

First off - you could only watch the prelims on Facebook or Fox.com online. Quality was crap, and barely any commentary.

Why didn't they have the prelims on FX or Fuel???? WTF???

The Carpenter/Henderson fight was great. I love Henderson, he's great, and will probably beat Frankie Edgar.

Dos Santos was a surprise. I don't know what happened there, but it wasn't even a clean hit, but Cain said it messed up his equilibrium. Strange....

Oh well...This weekends card looks like crap, so I'll skip it.

Who cares. All we want to see is a Silva vs. GSP fight. :icon_mrgreen:

Talking about GSP, how do you guys think he will do against Diaz? I would've usually answered by saying GSP is gonna rock his world, but man, Diaz, although an annoying bitch, is a surgical striker. Should be interesting.