UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

I hate the idea of a St. Pierre / Silva superfight. St. Pierre is way too small and would get tuned. On the other hand I love the idea of a Silva / Jones superfight but that's likely never going to happen. White already said he wants Jones to clear out the division and then they would start talking about moving Jones to heavyweight (wtf).

The old guard is fcuking done. BJ, Hughes, Tito, Franklin, Rampage, CroCop, even Fedor... their time has come and gone. Time for Liddell to shove over and make room.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's about time they find a proper opponent to GSP...and that he starts knocking them out. I love the guy, a class-act, a great ambassador to the sport, but his last few fights have been extremely boring. Saw 2 of them live, all the others on PPV...and they were not the most exciting things...

Jones will be on top for a while most probably. He's a dominant, skilled fighter that has all the physically attributes to be a great champion. Hopefully he has a work ethic and cool head to stay on top.

CroCop, even Fedor... their time has come and gone.

This saddens me, CroCop was my hero and I still wear my fanclub shirt at the gym..

Fedors time is not gone, he just need to get in to the UFC and have someone yelling something nasty about his mum, it will be game over after that.

I hate the idea of a St. Pierre / Silva superfight. St. Pierre is way too small and would get tuned. On the other hand I love the idea of a Silva / Jones superfight but that's likely never going to happen. White already said he wants Jones to clear out the division and then they would start talking about moving Jones to heavyweight (wtf).

The old guard is fcuking done. BJ, Hughes, Tito, Franklin, Rampage, CroCop, even Fedor... their time has come and gone. Time for Liddell to shove over and make room.

Yup, but don't count out my boy Vitor!

Silva and Aldo are uber talented, but I still don't think they are as dynamic as Jones, and don't have as many weapons; But they are still great.

Last night is what you would expect - Ramapge couldn't get close. Jones didn't even look like he was trying.

They undercards were so-so. Everyone was gassed from the elevation; Those heavyweights couldn't even stand up in the 2nd.

There is no way he has more weapons than Silva. While Jones makes his opponents look bad, Silva makes his look like they aren't even in the same league.

The Hunt vs. Rothwell fight was crazy. I don't know how Rothwell was even alive at the end of that fight.

IMO- jones wrestling was far less effective than he'd hoped as rampage is a proper light heavy. The fight to watch for would be jds/cv against jones. He's amateurish with his hands. Didn't use them at all.

IMO- jones wrestling was far less effective than he'd hoped as rampage is a proper light heavy. The fight to watch for would be jds/cv against jones. He's amateurish with his hands. Didn't use them at all.

Arguing Jones isn't effective by saying he would be beat by grapplers in the heavyweight division is silly.

Arguing Jones isn't effective by saying he would be beat by grapplers in the heavyweight division is silly.

Doesn't seem silly to me as he's said he intends to go up in the future...that being said his larger size was a substantial reason rua lost so quickly, he's quite chubby@ 205. Likewise, CV could easily make 205, he's no bigger than jones naturally, smaller perhaps.

Doesn't seem silly to me as he's said he intends to go up in the future...that being said his larger size was a substantial reason rua lost so quickly, he's quite chubby@ 205. Likewise, CV could easily make 205, he's no bigger than jones naturally, smaller perhaps.

LOL

Yes, Rua was soft, but he was also coming off knee surgery. (a minor "excuse") If Wandy could make 185 Rua obviously could as well; however we are now entering the gray area with regards to the Japanese outlook on free-for-all supplementation.

For you to say Cain may be smaller than Jones is plain ridiculous.

LOL

Yes, Rua was soft, but he was also coming off knee surgery. (a minor "excuse") If Wandy could make 185 Rua obviously could as well; however we are now entering the gray area with regards to the Japanese outlook on free-for-all supplementation.

For you to say Cain may be smaller than Jones is plain ridiculous.

Velasquez is a fat 235 @ 6'1. Jones walks around in the 230s. He's 220 plus on fight night. CV would not win based on size.

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem: UFC 141, December 30, 2011

Looks like it will be a pretty good fight. Most people don't seem to like Lesnar, aside from his Tattoo on his chest that looks like a dick, I like him and think he is a pretty decent fighter. What makes him potent is his speed. His skill is still lacking somewhat, but he has a massive presence for 6'3" 265 and combined with his speed is dangerous. But looking back on Overeems fights, he is no slouch and definitely has some serious athleticism on his side. If Lesnar has been training properly it should make for a good fight.

I haven't seen those pics in a while. A friend of mine went nuts when Arianny did her Playboy shoot.

arianny-celeste-topless2.jpg

arianny-celeste-pussy.jpg

arianny-celeste-playboy-photos.png

Rest of her pics are here: http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/arianny-ce...playboy-photos/

Overeem vs Lesnar is going to be a good fight. I hope Lesnar is more prepared than for his previous fights and can take a hit a little bit better. Should definitely be a good fight.