Miura photo tread!

lambolp400s

That looks like a GREAT event.

• 4 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

These cars will never get old. Cars from this time had a certain elegance to the shape of them, twists and turns, curves and beauty that is unmatched. Anyone can plot some wild dots in a rendering program and make something crazy and have it made by a robot these days. But back then... I can only imagine what it must have been like to come up with the concept in your mind of something like this, to carve a sculpture of it by hand, to shape it and then look at it and go: "Now THAT... that's a car."

Never old. Just more beautiful with time.

When I went to the WAAAM museum and looked at the antique and classic cars I felt like I took a time machine to an era of beautiful art in the auto industry. When I stepped outside and got back on the road and saw all the cars on the road it was almost depressing.

So much effort, thought and beauty in these cars back then.

• 3 weeks later...

Great post.. I hope to have some to contribute soon!! The '71 bull is at Evans Auto now for a little TLC :)

Prior to my Countach purcahse in '03, there were 2 Miura I could have went for, both pretty damn cheap. Both drivers, needing work.

.................sometimes I scratch my head about that decision.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

6wc7.jpg

Despite the fact that something like the Miura couldn't possibly be built today, with safety regs, aerodynamics, tyres and chassis-powertrain requirements being what they are... when you're looking at a well-cared-for Miura in a good colour, it is very hard to believe you're seeing a 40+ year old car. They do look like they could have been made yesterday.

That's timeless design from a state-of-the-art factory for you. I suspect the Gallardo will age similarly.

I'll chime in with a quick story:

I was at the Manhasset Concours in 2012 on Long Island. As I'm leaving and walking through the spectator parking lot, I catch sight of a small orange car parked between a sedan and a minivan. I kept an eye on it as I approached it. I did a double-take when I could make out the letters spelling "Lamborghini." A Miura? In the spectator lot? A Miura SV? Yep, that's what it was. This past October, it was registered in the actual show.

I'll never forget seeing it parked amongst all those other cars for the first time.

post-181679-1390441426_thumb.jpg

post-181679-1390441499_thumb.jpg

post-181679-1390441550_thumb.jpg