For Geneva 2012

a007apl

I spoke with Winkelmann last night at the "Gallery" here in Detroit for NAIAS. He says, at Geneva they are going to have "a big surprise." That's all i could get from him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dereiter
I spoke with Winkelmann last night at the "Gallery" here in Detroit for NAIAS. He says, at Geneva they are going to have "a big surprise." That's all i could get from him.

Can't wait to see a big surprise.

(Winklemans voice) "Suuuuprise fun boys! Dis is de Lamborghini Gallardo superleggeratrofeo china edition tri-color 570-2 Ferrucio Balboni commemorative SPECIAL ECITION!"

On Twitter today, Lamborghini UK posed

President Stephan Winkelmann confirms in interviews, Lamborghini WILL introduce a third model.... #LamborghiniLIVE

Doesn't really say when, I'm sure they will be it could be in 10 years!

On Twitter today, Lamborghini UK posed

President Stephan Winkelmann confirms in interviews, Lamborghini WILL introduce a third model.... #LamborghiniLIVE

Doesn't really say when, I'm sure they will be it could be in 10 years!

Awesome! C'mooooon Estoque!

There have been so many false-starts for a third line from this management/ownership team that I've grown numb to their bullshit.

And that goes for car show "surprises" as well.

The majority of what they bring to the major Euro shows never gets even close to production (Miura concept, Estoque, Sesto Elemento, etc), and the rest of their debuts are always "LP570-4 Superleggera Trofeo Bicolore Versace Blancpain Edition" type nonsense.

The Gallardo replacement is now overdue, focus on that breadwinner FIRST Lamborghini, before shooting yourselves in the foot with some sedan/SUV/whatever third line.

There have been so many false-starts for a third line from this management/ownership team that I've grown numb to their bullshit.

And that goes for car show "surprises" as well.

The majority of what they bring to the major Euro shows never gets even close to production (Miura concept, Estoque, Sesto Elemento, etc), and the rest of their debuts are always "LP570-4 Superleggera Trofeo Bicolore Versace Blancpain Edition" type nonsense.

The Gallardo replacement is now overdue, focus on that breadwinner FIRST Lamborghini, before shooting yourselves in the foot with some sedan/SUV/whatever third line.

If Bentley gets an SUV you know we will too. And Bentley is headed for SUV territory.

If Bentley gets an SUV you know we will too. And Bentley is headed for SUV territory.

It's inevitable. Porsche is the model that Ferrari/Lamborghini are extremely envious of right now, despite DiMontezemolo's nonsense lies about "not wanting to be that big" at Ferrari. :jackoff:

Who would have ever thought ten years ago that Porsche would be able to get away with the brand dilution (and price dilution) of the Cayenne, Cayman, Boxster, and other "cheap" P-car models, and come out stronger than ever to their core enthusiast base?

It really is amazing in terms of a marketing/branding exercise.

They're so fearless that they're ready to even go into the "poverty" class of buyers by releasing the under-$40k 'Cajun' mini-ute! :lol2:

But before you can replicate what Porsche has pulled off, you've got to pay the bills.

The Gallardo pays the bills at Lambo, not the LP700, and not any third line down the road. And letting your company's most poplular and most most profitable "Happy Meal" volume seller go into 2013 and beyond without a replacement to make the cash register ring is an asinine strategy.

Porsche never would have let their 911 languish on the market for more than a decade without replacing it while instead releasing a 4-door or SUV new model line. That's suicide because it eats at the core appeal of the brand. You can play in other tertiary markets to your heart's content, but you must always execute and create demand by having your core models always refreshed/state of the art.

After the Bentley and Rolls Royce figures posted this month Lambo would be nuts not to release a four seater of sorts.

Growth markets according to the sales figures of both brands are Germany, Russia, China and USA*

The thing with the Rolls Royce and Bentley is that they have guaranteed nest eggs on the way.

The Ghost is going to have a convertible model released 2013/2014.

Bentley are more than likely going to be releasing a SUV for Asian markets (which no doubt is going weigh a planet) as well as remarkably they are massively cashing in on the facelift Conti and the V8.

Lambo will be releasing a car with creases and a stripe. Anyone seen any 2011 figures from Lamborghini?

*You would not think it given you pessimistic lot!

Aventador its a "upgrade" of Reventon...

Aventador Roadster maybe a "upgrade" of Reventon Roadster?

Aventador "R-GT"?

Not about yet, but one new car its a better idea for Geneva, New V10 70%, 3º Model 20% and Aventador Roadster 10%..

I was thinking about attending this for 2012. What are the best days to go since it spans like 10 days? Is it best to fly in and stay in Zurich or just stay planted in Geneva?

I took my son last year. We stayed in Geneva for two days for the show, then spent a couple days in Zermot. We actually found the best time to hit the show is on the last couple of days about an hour before closing time. Eveyone is headed out to dinner, and almost no crowds.

• 4 weeks later...

"As for Geneva ... I am almost sure we will be seeing the Aventador Roadster, I talked to some people from Lamborghini and one stated the sales on the Aventador are going too well, there is no production room for the Roadster yet, but I think they will be showing it at Geneva anyway with first deliveries late 2012 begin 2013. Most likely the Sesto Elemento production model will be in Geneva too ... either behind doors, not for the public, or in plain sight, not sure yet.

The SUV will most likely be shown later this year, could be Beijing ... otherwise Paris in September, but if we see this car it will still be a concept like the Estoque four years ago, nothing close to a production model yet."

Details on how they will be keeping the weight gain to a minimum on the roadster version? spyder/ roadsters always seem to put on weight compared to their coupe variants. Will there be ANY weight gain?

According to the tech presentation I sat through during the model unveil the monocoque was designed with both the coupe and roadster in mind. I can't remember the specific numbers thrown out there but basically the only weight different would be between the current roof and whatever roof they use for the roadster. They weren't going to need to add additional bracing to strengthen the body.

Theoretically they roadster could weigh less if you left the roof at home.

• 2 weeks later...
"As for Geneva ... I am almost sure we will be seeing the Aventador Roadster, I talked to some people from Lamborghini and one stated the sales on the Aventador are going too well, there is no production room for the Roadster yet, but I think they will be showing it at Geneva anyway with first deliveries late 2012 begin 2013. Most likely the Sesto Elemento production model will be in Geneva too ... either behind doors, not for the public, or in plain sight, not sure yet.

The SUV will most likely be shown later this year, could be Beijing ... otherwise Paris in September, but if we see this car it will still be a concept like the Estoque four years ago, nothing close to a production model yet."

Aventador rds: almost sure

SUV in Bejing: more likely

another news for Geneve...seems so.... :eusa_shhh:

Ok!

For Gevena: Aventador Roadster and one big surprise, one only (top secret, I Don't tell more about yet)

Aventador Roadster for sure and it better be fully retractable. As for G replacement based on Lambo's 10 year product cycles MY2004 takes us to early to mid 2013 before we see whatever platform shared V10 iteration. We'll still have to sit through a couple more "special" Gallardo editions which actual generate negative interest at this point IMO.

If there's another "surprise" it will be Winkeldonk testing market pulse for an SUV by showing off a concept. Don't really see how Lambo can afford to move into SUV territory given their sales and general economic climate unless it's a rebadged Q7 with a 700 engine shoehorned in.

Lambo needs a car to rival the ff. I saw the ff at the autoshow and its amazing. Pictures do not do that car any justice.