My Dilemma

kev99sv

Not sure what is going on with my car thinking. For some reason I am tiring of more old school and liking new school. I love looking at my SV, and although it is not that old, I find myself not driving it as much as I should. Harder to get in and out of and just not as comfortable to drive as I think it used to be. Although, I haven't really considered selling it, I can't figure out why I should keep it. Some newer cars have grabbed my attention such as the GT2RS, the Aventador and the LFA. With recently selling my 08 Superleggera (thanks Roy), I have been toying with the idea getting something new and possibly moving the SV down the road. Prices for Diablos aren't great though and I feel I would regret selling once it had left the garage. Perhaps I am just bored with the car thing at the moment. Just not sure what to do to get me more excited about getting back out to my garage.

Your welcome on the SL..thanks for your business..ONLY you can decide what you want to do..but as we spoke the other day, IMO the LFA is not worth the mola..and not that exciting as I have driven it.

If you want something new and TRULY exciting..get a 2010 LP670-4SV..and of course I would be happy to secure one as well as take care of the sale of your current SV..have a few poeple intrested on that car.

sounds like you are looking for more comfort in a car. order a mclaren mp4-12c or 458. you'll get a more comfortable and modern car. forget the LFA, that car has no sex appeal. as for the aventador, you may haave to wait a while to get your hands on one.

Your welcome on the SL..thanks for your business..ONLY you can decide what you want to do..but as we spoke the other day, IMO the LFA is not worth the mola..and not that exciting as I have driven it.

If you want something new and TRULY exciting..get a 2010 LP670-4SV..and of course I would be happy to secure one as well as take care of the sale of your current SV..have a few poeple intrested on that car.

:iamwithstupid: Man oh man I love the SV! It's now a LP670-2SV :)

sounds like you are looking for more comfort in a car. order a mclaren mp4-12c or 458. you'll get a more comfortable and modern car. forget the LFA, that car has no sex appeal. as for the aventador, you may haave to wait a while to get your hands on one.

I think you are right. Something more comfortable is appealing. Not sure if there is a Mclaren dealer in Houston. Too much of a pain in the ass if there is not one here.

I don't do too much track stuff so don't think that will do it for me.

Not sure what it would take to let the SV go. Roy asked me about it the other day and I had trouble committing to a number. Just not sure if I would hate myself. Long ago I told my wife that I would never sell it but you know how that goes.

I think you are right. Something more comfortable is appealing. Not sure if there is a Mclaren dealer in Houston. Too much of a pain in the ass if there is not one here.

I don't do too much track stuff so don't think that will do it for me.

Not sure what it would take to let the SV go. Roy asked me about it the other day and I had trouble committing to a number. Just not sure if I would hate myself. Long ago I told my wife that I would never sell it but you know how that goes.

Let me know if you do want to sell it and can come up with a #.

Funny how we are exactly opposite. All I find myself looking for are Countachs, Panteras, Lotus's and Rauh Welt style porsches... Personally I think youll miss your SV after awhile.. The new cars are nice, but they dont have the soul of the older cars..

Funny how we are exactly opposite. All I find myself looking for are Countachs, Panteras, Lotus's and Rauh Welt style porsches... Personally I think youll miss your SV after awhile.. The new cars are nice, but they dont have the soul of the older cars..

:iamwithstupid:

The Aventador isn't as exciting to see as a Countach or a Diablo. I'm sure its a great car but id rather get an older exotic than a newer one.

Kevin, I have very fond memories in your SV when Paul owned it. It was a blast to drive and till this day it was one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard. Keep it, its one of the cleanest SV out there and at the end of the day, do you really need to sell it to make room for a new toy... I don't think so

Allan, could not agree more!!!

i thinks the same :)

i do have a diablo roadster and a countach S3

i do not find myself lusting for aventador, 458, or something new

i do look only at panteras, 930s and older stuff!

Keep the SV unless you NEED to sell it. If you sold the SL, sounds like you have room for a new addition without selling it. Happy holidays. RT

i agree. get a modern day sportscar that you can use all the time. maybe a 911, SLS or something along those lines. i'm pretty sure if you sell your SV and get a modern car, after sometime (maybe 2 years or so) you will be looking once again for an old school car saying the old cars have more soul, etc. good luck

But didn't you go through this a few years ago? Sold your SV went with SLR then TT Gallardo? Obviously, you ended up back at with another SV.

I am fortunate in that I don't need to sell it. However, before laying down $400K for a newer car I would need serious justification for keeping it. Perhaps azmurci has a good point. Get something newer now (more in the $150 to $200K range) and see how it goes.

Do what I do. Park the car for a couple of years then drive it, it feels all new again.

:lol2: :icon_thumleft: I just hate seeing all the CELs when it sits for so long

wish I had the problem of what type of exotic to buy, what to spend a few hundred thousand dollars on.... such problems..lol I envy you guys... wish I had a job that paid me well enough to have such nice toys...

Kevin, I would keep the SV. These cars are timeless. Get another addition that's comfortable to drive in the meantime to cure your boredom. Then hop back into the SV for a true driving experience. Either way...best of luck!

U need to decide exactly u are looking for. Your post suggests u want smthg thats easy to get into, go for a blast have fun and then park it back in the garage without much hassle. The SLS is gonna be pretty much that (although no manual, but then the slushbox will tick the easy/comfort tag again) plus it will oversteer till the tires are finished, sounds fantastic, and has those awesome gullwings. On top of all that depreciation has been a killer for new owners (atleast in europe it has, im guessing same in USA), so pick up one with 3-5k miles, with Merc warranty and you are set.

Oh, and keep the SV ! :D

Wash it wax it cover it and park it in a friends garage for a few months.... forget about it and pretend it's gone.

Then after a few months..... see how ya feel

I couldnt imagine getting rid of what is in my eyes one of the best looking SV's ever built, if not the best. I mean come on, some guys are willing to trade their girlfriends for that car!

I couldnt imagine getting rid of what is in my eyes one of the best looking SV's ever built, if not the best. I mean come on, some guys are willing to trade their girlfriends for that car!

Thanks. As far as the girlfriends, I would need to see pics first. :icon_thumleft: