This guy is selling 15 brand new Ford GTs on ebay...

Mako

Nice collection but looks like he is only selling one?

He's apparantly told emailers who inquired about why he has photos of the other colors in the auction that he's selling all of them, and this is just the first singular listing.

Wtfsauce? Considering what those cars are worth, it wasn't such a bad investment.

Agree, he and the rest of the buyers of this car got very lucky. Every other car from that era, including the almighty CGT, is selling for MSRP or less, even with delivery miles. The Enzo is an exception of course, but its production total was far lower.

Only the Ford GT's value has appreicated if the miles are reasonable, amazingly.

If I had my pick of that group it would be the dark grey with light grey stripe. Always liked that color combo on that car. :icon_thumleft:

He's apparantly told emailers that he's selling all of them, this is just the first singular listing.

Agree, he and the rest of the buyers of this car got very lucky. Every other car from that era, including the almighty CGT, is selling for MSRP or less, even with delivery miles. The Enzo is an exception of course, but its production total was far lower.

Only the Ford GT's value has appreicated if the miles are reasonable, amazingly.

If I had my pick of that group it would be the dark grey with light grey stripe. Always liked that color combo on that car. :icon_thumleft:

Lol! Amazing how you've changed your tune. When I got mine you said you'd never buy one at the prices they were selling for and were going to wait till they dropped into the $70 to $80k range after they were a year old then buy one!

Lol! Amazing how you've changed your tune. When I got mine you said you'd never buy one at the prices they were selling for and were going to wait till they dropped into the $70 to $80k range after they were a year old then buy one!

Yes yes, humble pie tastes good, yum. :eusa_wall:

Who would have ever thought that Americans would so prize this thing, the racing heritage combined with the exceptional looks really lit a fire in Boomer collectors for sure.

What was the MSRP on these?

Suggested retail price of $139,995 (Ford increased the MSRP to $149,995 on July 1, 2005).

blue one for me.

Where do we see price on these going in the next 5 years?

I love the FGT and plan to get one...but i wanted to get a Diablo 6.0 first.

good idea or bad?

Who would have ever thought that Americans would so prize this thing, the racing heritage combined with the exceptional looks really lit a fire in Boomer collectors for sure.

Ford GT's sell for WAY more out of the US than they do in the US. Almost every time I hear about a Ford GT moving for some crazy number like $240-250k it's going somewhere like Brazil.

Ford GT's sell for WAY more out of the US than they do in the US. Almost every time I hear about a Ford GT moving for some crazy number like $240-250k it's going somewhere like Brazil.

the owner should just export that collection and sell it that way! hahaha... cRAZY!

Gotta love that this is up to 210G's already. This guy is going to make a healthy profit. I was also told once that the lighter silver with the black stripes is one of the more rare configurations out there....

shouldnt this have been in the Ford GT section Mako??? :badgrin: :badgrin:

Hahaha you are right, just moved it now. Forgot we even had that area, shows how much I consider one of these as an option... :icon_mrgreen:

It really is incredible. Before they launched I assumed that these would follow a somewhat similar depreciation curve to something like a ZR-1, which is to say, awful. Remember, at the time Ford hadn't released anything even CLOSE to this sort of car for decades, so it was really throwing darts trying to figure out how the market would treat them.

But as the years have passed they've really become an "American Ferrari" in terms of desireability. And the finite production added to the allure.

Honestly Ford shut down production too soon on it in retrospect, they could have run anouther year and capped it a bit higher. Regardless, it's very impressive to look back on now.

Heritage edition. I have the strangest boner right now :monkeyleft:

That garage is a thing of beauty. I keep going to the auction and to look at the others in the background :lol2:

Love the FGT and the story behind it.

I am speaking with this guy about one of them now. Supposedly the cars are in Chattanooga. We will see what happens.