Facebook to sink?

capt_chaos

I think thats a pretty likely scenario... Not sure about $65 mark... That sounds ambitious to me, but we'll see.... I'm thinking of putting sell limits at 57. Thats a 50% pop... And Id be VERY happy with that.

My guess is, its at 48 at the opening bell.... Then claws its way up to 55-60... Then settles back in the mid to high 40s.

Of course.... SCHWAB HAS TO GIVE ME MY fcuking SHARES FIRST...

I've heard trading doesn't start til 11 AM eastern. Can anybody confirm?

No one knows official time yet. Most new tech iPos started around that time.

Christmas morning is coming sooner than expected :)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 100% certain that they will start charging big $$ for business pages. There is no other place on the Internet where businesses can connect to their customers like Facebook. Most businesses are now sending their customers to their Facebook page, not their main website. Facebook can basically take any amount of money they want for this service. Take a fee per like, per message they send out etc. The system has to be customizable so businesses that use their page mainly for support don't get charged the same as other businesses that use it to promote new products or services. Facebook businesses pages are prefect for advertising. They are telling customers who are already interested in their products/services about new products/services. It will be fun to see how much money they will make from this because they have A LONG road ahead before their earnings are doing what they should considering the price of the stock. EPS is SHIT for FB, so they need new ideas to make good profits FAST for this thing to float.

I've heard trading doesn't start til 11 AM eastern. Can anybody confirm?

Yes, that's the time I got.

I am 100% certain that they will start charging big $$ for business pages. There is no other place on the Internet where businesses can connect to their customers like Facebook. Most businesses are now sending their customers to their Facebook page, not their main website. Facebook can basically take any amount of money they want for this service. Take a fee per like, per message they send out etc. The system has to be customizable so businesses that use their page mainly for support don't get charged the same as other businesses that use it to promote new products or services. Facebook businesses pages are prefect for advertising. They are telling customers who are already interested in their products/services about new products/services. It will be fun to see how much money they will make from this because they have A LONG road ahead before their earnings are doing what they should considering the price of the stock. EPS is SHIT for FB, so they need new ideas to make good profits FAST for this thing to float.

Thats what Im thinking as well.... The architecture is already there with the "public profile" pages. If you have a certain number of friends youre already not a "profile".... youre a "Celebrity, Band or Community".

Every TV commercial now has a FACEBOOK page instead of an email address.... FB doesnt have to give that presence away to these companies for free.

Got a call early this morning. My allotment was upped to 2000 shares :eusa_dance:

Great... You got an extra 500.... I still dont have the 6 I asked for.... Why do I get up early for this shit.... I know theyll make me dangle til the opening bell....

What are your rules for selling?

What are your rules for selling?

No rules. I can sell all, part or none at my choosing at any time. I may dump a few at opening and see what develops.

it's currently matching at 73 dollars, one more hour to go :icon_thumleft:

anyone know FB weighting on nasdaq? 10% is what I've read so far

I just got an email a few minutes ago for 200... Waiting on another 400... IM REALLY wanting 200 more....

And I just heard that its set to open at 70.

If it opened at 70, I'd sell everything. That would be valued at the same as Google roughly. I see zero upside after something ridiculous like that.

SHHHHH... I dont want to do it until Im sure I cant get anymore.... But Im putting in a sell limit for 70 5 seconds before it opens.

And I just heard that its set to open at 70.

Looks like I have ESP after all.

I don't see any data yet. No idea what's happening.

Delayed 5 mins from Nasdaq.

Supposed to. Delayed for some reason.?

Somethings up.... Nasdaq isnt saying.... Circuit breakers may have already kicked in.... 72 million shares at 42

Facebook Broke Nasdaq. If this thing goes "bats" the market will get crushed.

Nasdaq is releasing a statement.... The trade is delayed so that Charles Schwab can give a pain in the ass customer an extra 200 shares.

SHHHHH... I dont want to do it until Im sure I cant get anymore.... But Im putting in a sell limit for 70 5 seconds before it opens.

fcuk.... Theyre on to me....

Nasdaq is releasing a statement.... The trade is delayed so that Charles Schwab can give a pain in the ass customer an extra 200 shares.

Supposedly computer problems according to FBN. Problems with changing or canceling orders. So who really knows.

:eusa_dance:

Nasdaq Press Release:

Trading in Facebook is delayed because a retail customer at Charles Schwab attempted to sell 200 shares of the stock, in violation of the firm's IPO policy."