VBOXKING's Verde Ithaca Aventador thread

VBUGKING

Ok, now we are down to semi-gay.. Maybe I'm to young to relate to your ideas/thoughts but fcuk me, who the hell here doesn't want an Aventador to look at and/or drive?!

I dont. Car inmo is a huge letdown.. Honestly pretty much everyone I know, thinks so. No matter what anyone says it looks like an overgrown Gallardo to me. Id buy a Porsche CGT, SLR or step up to an F40 anyday over an Aventador.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now we are down to semi-gay.. Maybe I'm to young to relate to your ideas/thoughts but fcuk me, who the hell here doesn't want an Aventador to look at and/or drive?!

Why can't we have it both ways?

I mean I would love to have an F40 and Miura sitting around for nostalgia, but fcuking nothing wrong with the new shit either.

I mean I would love to have an F40 and Miura sitting around for nostalgia, but fcuking nothing wrong with the new shit either.

Well I guess you are the only one with unlimited funds.. Im being realistic.. If I get an Aventador.. Im not getting a CGT and F40 too..

Or for 1 Aventador I can have a Countach QV, 25th Countach, Diablo SV and a Gallardo Spider.. All cars I like far more, and 4 for the price of one.. and they wont depreciate.

I agree with Alan's sentiments. I believe nostalgia plays a large role here, however, the new cars have continually pulled away from the raw or visceral experience of their predecessors. While elements such as reliability, parts availability, and A/C that actually blows cold without the car running hot, are all appreciated, the crux of the matter is these car must be driven or pushed at high speeds to really get your blood pumping. All the electronics and engineered understeer take the mechanical feel and seat of the pants fun out. This can be said for many/most of todays brands, not just the exotics. It takes a strong left leg and a hairy chest to drive a diablo. It an enthusiasts car. It's a car guys car. MMM pantera....tr..diablo... 3.0cs. Alan, I don't normally agree with you, but when I do, its old school and 993s with fender flares. I blame Miami Vice for many of my car hang ups. Damn you Crocket. Damn you coke dealers who moved product with fork lifts. Damn you DP porsche, amg hammers, drop top 911s, and scarab boats. You ruined me.

I agree with Alan's sentiments. I believe nostalgia plays a large role here, however, the new cars have continually pulled away from the raw or visceral experience of their predecessors. While elements such as reliability, parts availability, and A/C that actually blows cold without the car running hot, are all appreciated, the crux of the matter is these car must be driven or pushed at high speeds to really get your blood pumping. All the electronics and engineered understeer take the mechanical feel and seat of the pants fun out. This can be said for many/most of todays brands, not just the exotics. It takes a strong left leg and a hairy chest to drive a diablo. It an enthusiasts car. It's a car guys car. MMM pantera....tr..diablo... 3.0cs. Alan, I don't normally agree with you, but when I do, its old school and 993s with fender flares. I blame Miami Vice for many of my car hang ups. Damn you Crocket. Damn you coke dealers who moved product with fork lifts. Damn you DP porsche, amg hammers, drop top 911s, and scarab boats. You ruined me.

:iamwithstupid:

I dont. Car inmo is a huge letdown.. Honestly pretty much everyone I know, thinks so. No matter what anyone says it looks like an overgrown Gallardo to me. Id buy a Porsche CGT, SLR or step up to an F40 anyday over an Aventador.

Well, we like the same stuff (mostly) so I guess age really plays the bigger role since I never wanted an Esprit/Countach etc? Maybe one day I will feel the same as you old farts? ;) But seriously, I actually do get your point and as long as we are happy = win! :)

I'll be the first to say I want both but there is something called money and cars cost lots of money..

Those saying about how new cars are not as raw, they do not carry the same thrill etc, what would the generation before you say about what cars you want?

Classical music was once considered the rock and roll of its time to.

Those saying about how new cars are not as raw, they do not carry the same thrill etc, what would the generation before you say about what cars you want?

Classical music was once considered the rock and roll of its time to.

Not a proponent of stopping the hands of time and innovation. I love power. I love quickness. My point is not that cars have become "too good" it's that some of the joy, for me is dialed back. When manufacturers have to generate fake noise in the cabin of an M5, one can argue the plot is lost. When the Germans engineer massive amounts of understeer into their cars, something is amiss. I think the 991 should have toggle switches instead of Vertu phone control panel (disclaimer, really, really like the 991). I think the 991 is not at all the spiritual successor to the 911, maybe a 928, but not a 911. And that's Ok. But the 911 was not a GT. Shamefully, I think the mini panamera will rock b/c it will be a light weight 4 door blast. I'm not the only one that feels this way....this is why Toyobaru is building their new little joint. Anyway, genuine sports cars are not daily drivers. They are events. And, classical music still kicks ass, especially compared to some of what is considered rock and roll today.Further, a LM002 that is a grocery getter with no off road chops is a skinny dom deluise...out of character and not very funny.

Not too surprising, I am sure you can relate to this. I had the chance to own the most badass Lambo ever made, enjoy it for a bit, and instead of losing an ass load of money on a car, actually make some? I was going to keep the car long term if I fell in love with it, but unfortunately I didnt.

That's exactly the way I felt Aaron, and that's why I sold also. I'm really enjoying the R8 and 911 GT3RS I replaced it with......

Many people who have bought them...

That's exactly the way I felt Aaron, and that's why I sold also. I'm really enjoying the R8 and 911 GT3RS I replaced it with......

:icon_thumleft:

I hear you. I drove a GTR the other day, and it was great. I am picking one up. All the fun I need in an all out sports car, and if I dont drive it very often, who cares, because it didnt cost much. When $400K+ Lambo sits in the garage and I never drive it, that starts to bother me.

I hear you. I drove a GTR the other day, and it was great. I am picking one up. All the fun I need in an all out sports car, and if I dont drive it very often, who cares, because it didnt cost much.

I hear you. I drove a GTR the other day, and it was great. I am picking one up. All the fun I need in an all out sports car, and if I dont drive it very often, who cares, because it didnt cost much. When $400K+ Lambo sits in the garage and I never drive it, that starts to bother me.

Good job! If you want mods, I will make sure Chinaman takes care of you 10 fold!

Guest Dereiter

Good job! If you want mods, I will make sure Chinaman takes care of you 10 fold!

:iamwithstupid: Aaron you will never look back, congrats!!!! 2013? what color?

:iamwithstupid: Aaron you will never look back, congrats!!!! 2013? what color?

Its an ultra clean 2009 Supersilver with 10k miles. Was bought new 14 months ago. The 2012/2013 wasn't worth the extra money to me since I will at least do the easy mods and the new launch control can now be had on all the model years.

Its an ultra clean 2009 Supersilver with 10k miles. Was bought new 14 months ago. The 2012/2013 wasn't worth the extra money to me since I will at least do the easy mods and the new launch control can now be had on all the model years.

good thinking, after the mods you will love it!

For those interested, here's a couple quick shots of my newly acquired 2009 GTR with 10k miles, previous owner is a great guy. Once its cleaned up, I will take a bunch more pics, and start a new thread.

post-6539-1335304395_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1335304400_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1335304404_thumb.jpg

For those interested, here's a couple quick shots of my newly acquired 2009 GTR with 10k miles, previous owner is a great guy. Once its cleaned up, I will take a bunch more pics, and start a new thread.

Congrats on the new purchase! cant wait to see it in person!

Does SP do all their installations at their shop in CA, or do they have places around the country who can install their stuff?

Please don't start a new thread.

:icon_mrgreen:

Does SP do all their installations at their shop in CA, or do they have places around the country who can install their stuff?

im sure alex will absorb shipping costs. i would do this car the right way, its worth the trip!

once you have mods, i have a feeling this will be the perfect car for you. blends into traffic and you will eat everything alive (including 1 liter sport bikes & LP700)