VBOXKING's Verde Ithaca Aventador thread

VBUGKING

Im 36 now, physically I feel 25, but my tolerance for BS and hassles is approaching zero. I guess I am just getting spoiled, not so much getting old. Waiting for the car was a non issue, I had lots of other cars to keep me busy during that time. Much of that waiting was just waiting for production to even begin on the Aventadors. I was one of the earlier cars, so I wasnt waiting much longer than others, and a lot less than most.

If I could drive however I wanted to on the streets, or even come close to using a sport car 1/10th of the way it was intended, I would probably enjoy them a lot more. Unfortunately everyone in a fast car has been mimized to a poser around here, so I am steering more towards luxury these days.

To each his own. Enjoy your cars/money the way you see fit.

Would a relocation to SoCal or Florida or AZ be in the cards for the future? That may be the best way yo enjoy them as you mentioned

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To each his own. Enjoy your cars/money the way you see fit.

Would a relocation to SoCal or Florida or AZ be in the cards for the future? That may be the best way yo enjoy them as you mentioned

I dont plan on moving from where I live since its one of the best places to raise children, and I plan on having some soon. One of the things I have noticed from Lambo ownership (and I have owned 7) is that it ends up being 90% for everyone else and 10% for yourself.

I feel so disappointed. :eusa_wall:

heartbroken.gif

Disappointed that a badass Aventador went to a badass tuner who is going to upgrade the sh*t out it, test the sh*t out of it, and plaster it all over everything (magazines, videos, etc) for the entire world to see?

I have noticed from Lambo ownership (and I have owned 7) is that it ends up being 90% for everyone else and 10% for yourself.

So true!! Sad to see you sell, but you have lots of cars and can always get another if you want one, got to go with what suits you. I'm coming to the point where i've pretty much had enough of cars full stop, as it is just hassle most of the time, sad times we live in.

I dont plan on moving from where I live since its one of the best places to raise children, and I plan on having some soon. One of the things I have noticed from Lambo ownership (and I have owned 7) is that it ends up being 90% for everyone else and 10% for yourself.

In someways I tend to agree.. Back in my days in South Florida ( about 15yrs ago) I would live for Friday/Saturday nights where all we did is go out to the deserted hwys and roads of S.FLA and race all night long. Those days have been long gone for me. I finally realised with the purchase of the 458 that I no longer care to deal with the hassles of driving an exotic. Now I will only buy cars that make me happy just looking at them. If the car sits in the garage and I dont drive it, it doesnt make me sad. My Diablo I have maybe driven 200 miles in the time ive had it, but everytime I open the garage I smile. Buying a Porsche again after a long absense also showed me again how much more fun it is to have a car you can actually use, have fun with on a daily basis with zero hassle. No matter how much money I make in the future I never see myself buying any of the new exotics anymore. I will continue to buy all my favorite cars from when I was a kid, collect them, look at them and occasionally I will drive them. For performance and fun I will only buy Porsches. The fact will always be that a Turbo Porsche with a few mods will outrun any new Exotic no matter the price. Ie A chip/exhaust Porsche Turbo S vs an Aventador. No bullshit to deal with, and you can actually use and explore the power without getting baraded by people and cops everywhere you go. I will also always keep a slightly used Bentley or Rolls at all times.

> One of the things I have noticed from Lambo ownership (and I have owned 7) is that it ends up being 90% for everyone else and 10% for yourself.

I found the opposite to be true.

My 40k miles in the SL have effectively been 90% for myself and 10% for everyone else.

> One of the things I have noticed from Lambo ownership (and I have owned 7) is that it ends up being 90% for everyone else and 10% for yourself.

I found the opposite to be true.

My 40k miles in the SL have effectively been 90% for myself and 10% for everyone else.

You are in the minority

So true!! Sad to see you sell, but you have lots of cars and can always get another if you want one, got to go with what suits you. I'm coming to the point where i've pretty much had enough of cars full stop, as it is just hassle most of the time, sad times we live in.

:iamwithstupid:

In someways I tend to agree.. Back in my days in South Florida ( about 15yrs ago) I would live for Friday/Saturday nights where all we did is go out to the deserted hwys and roads of S.FLA and race all night long. Those days have been long gone for me. I finally realised with the purchase of the 458 that I no longer care to deal with the hassles of driving an exotic. Now I will only buy cars that make me happy just looking at them. If the car sits in the garage and I dont drive it, it doesnt make me sad. My Diablo I have maybe driven 200 miles in the time ive had it, but everytime I open the garage I smile. Buying a Porsche again after a long absense also showed me again how much more fun it is to have a car you can actually use, have fun with on a daily basis with zero hassle. No matter how much money I make in the future I never see myself buying any of the new exotics anymore. I will continue to buy all my favorite cars from when I was a kid, collect them, look at them and occasionally I will drive them. For performance and fun I will only buy Porsches. The fact will always be that a Turbo Porsche with a few mods will outrun any new Exotic no matter the price. Ie A chip/exhaust Porsche Turbo S vs an Aventador. No bullshit to deal with, and you can actually use and explore the power without getting baraded by people and cops everywhere you go. I will also always keep a slightly used Bentley or Rolls at all times.

Very well said Allan, I agreed 100%

Well this thread turned out gay/sad..

I'm in the middle of all this gayness, I to am tired of all the hassle but that doesn't mean I must act like 50 year old man... I want a nice, cool semi-exotic car = R8 V10 = perfect compromise!

Well this thread turned out gay/sad..

I'm in the middle of all this gayness, I to am tired of all the hassle but that doesn't mean I must act like 50 year old man... I want a nice, cool semi-exotic car = R8 V10 = perfect compromise!

DBS fits that bill for me. When they put a dual clutch into the R8 ill likely be back in one at that point.

DBS fits that bill for me. When they put a dual clutch into the R8 ill likely be back in one at that point.

Sounds fair, you are no longer 50 years old in my book :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

I must agree with you here Aaron. Living in Ohio Lambos are probably about as common here as they are in Tennessee and sometimes its just nerve racking/annoying to drive the cars.

I must agree with you here Aaron. Living in Ohio Lambos are probably about as common here as they are in Tennessee and sometimes its just nerve racking/annoying to drive the cars.

:crybaby2::crybaby2: :eusa_dance:

Except a Veyron. I think that would change your mind.

Very well said Allan, I agreed 100%

I agree too.

Was actually surprised when you purchased the Aventador, Aaron. Was much less surprised when you sold it soon thereafter.

As much as I would equally hate to admit it, the fact remains that I am thinking of the exact same thing!

I agree too.

Was actually surprised when you purchased the Aventador, Aaron. Was much less surprised when you sold it soon thereafter.

Not too surprising, I am sure you can relate to this. I had the chance to own the most badass Lambo ever made, enjoy it for a bit, and instead of losing an ass load of money on a car, actually make some? I was going to keep the car long term if I fell in love with it, but unfortunately I didnt.

Or when a MP4-12C clubsport comes out.

Nope.. I thought Id set a goal of a Veyron at one point, and pull back on all the other cars. At this point I dont even think about the car, nor do I think about the Mclaren. And In all honesty the car I unfortunately think least about is the Aventador.

What I think about is pulling into my new home with Barn style garage out back. As I drive in I see my Diablo SV, A Countach Qv, A Countach 25th Anniv, A Ferrari 512 TR, an F40 Dare I say it possibly a Ferrari 308 QV, Lotus Esprit, Lotus Esprit TTV8, Porsche 993GT2, Porsche C2 Turbo, and Herbie as I park my new 991 Turbo next to my white Mulsanne. The only newer exotics Im interested in at this point would be a Merc SLS, and a Gallardo Spider.

I look forward to just seeing the cars in the garage. I dont even have to drive them, as i surely would not drive a 308 around. But at one point in time it was one of my favorite cars as a kid. All these cars, plus cars like a Pantera GTS or even a Lambo Jalopy would make me happy just to look at, purchased only to make myself happy, not anyone else.. Childhood dreams realised without the downside of ownership.

Nope.. I thought Id set a goal of a Veyron at one point, and pull back on all the other cars. At this point I dont even think about the car, nor do I think about the Mclaren. And In all honesty the car I unfortunately think least about is the Aventador.

What I think about is pulling into my new home with Barn style garage out back. As I drive in I see my Diablo SV, A Countach Qv, A Countach 25th Anniv, A Ferrari 512 TR, an F40 Dare I say it possibly a Ferrari 308 QV, Lotus Esprit, Lotus Esprit TTV8, Porsche 993GT2, Porsche C2 Turbo, and Herbie as I park my new 991 Turbo next to my white Mulsanne. The only newer exotics Im interested in at this point would be a Merc SLS, and a Gallardo Spider.

I look forward to just seeing the cars in the garage. I dont even have to drive them, as i surely would not drive a 308 around. But at one point in time it was one of my favorite cars as a kid. All these cars, plus cars like a Pantera GTS or even a Lambo Jalopy would make me happy just to look at, purchased only to make myself happy, not anyone else.. Childhood dreams realised without the downside of ownership.

That's the ticket, rather than own a bunch of cars that you get bored with, having a bunch of cars that you have an emotional connection to. It's just like a music collection, you may listen to some new stuff but the stuff that really moves you is the stuff you grew up with, that in your mind connects with your past.

That's the ticket, rather than own a bunch of cars that you get bored with, having a bunch of cars that you have an emotional connection to. It's just like a music collection, you may listen to some new stuff but the stuff that really moves you is the stuff you grew up with, that in your mind connects with your past.

Exactly!

Ok, now we are down to semi-gay.. Maybe I'm to young to relate to your ideas/thoughts but fcuk me, who the hell here doesn't want an Aventador to look at and/or drive?!

:iamwithstupid: