anyone here ever try an online dating site?

BUMN

The thing I did not pick up in those two photos was presented to me when we met up was the head tilt.

She had a neck condition which meant her head was tilted about 10 degrees to her right. Now you may think this is me being superficial but it was so awkward, she had showed it in the photos but I just accepted it as coquettish pose yet somehow I felt deceived by it.

To make it that little bit worse was what do I do about it, I was just so conscience of the tilting angle of my head, do I tilt with her in line, a little bit less than her angle or even title the other way?

That was it for me.

I once knocked the hottest brunette on the beach. On the next evening we were having a foreplay when I found out the girl had some odd web under her hair. Yeah she was bald headed because of some odd disease and wearing a wig. Needless to say the mood was gone and that evening did not play out great and I end up driving she and her sister 160km to their home and got a speeding ticket on my way out... Found out later that she had a big ass tumor which got removed.. Very cute still though but not in my friends list...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once knocked the hottest brunette on the beach. On the next evening we were having a foreplay when I found out the girl had some odd web under her hair. Yeah she was bald headed because of some odd disease and wearing a wig. Needless to say the mood was gone and that evening did not play out great and I end up driving she and her sister 160km to their home and got a speeding ticket on my way out... Found out later that she had a big ass tumor which got removed.. Very cute still though but not in my friends list...

One of the hottest girls I know has alopecia...Completely bald like the daughter on coneheads...except her head shape is much less coney. I want to dip her head in carmel and wrestle with her in a childs play pool.

One of the hottest girls I know has alopecia...Completely bald like the daughter on coneheads...except her head shape is much less coney. I want to dip her head in carmel and wrestle with her in a childs play pool.

I need to ask this girl's husband if I can borrow her and then we'll join your party at the childs pool! :icon_thumleft:

I think it's funny this thread got brought up because every new person I meet, girl or guy, always says "wow, you must get so many women with that car". And my response is always, "where are these women you speak of" haha. I try to even avoid mentioning the car till after I get to know someone to make sure they are gold diggers but it really is not easy meeting decent girls, at least where I live. I've only really talked to two girls from match outside of there and they have both become friends even though we aren't dating. Plenty of Fish was a bunch of ugly chicks!!!!!! Or maybe i'm just insanely picky.

Similar to Capt's story, my mom is a nurse at a hospital around here and always tries to set me up with other nurse's daughters (I love my mom but she does not have the best taste in picking someone out for me). I reluctantly agreed finally and the girl was cute but she had the biggest eyes ever!!!! When you say something shocking to people and their eyes open really wide....that was her but all the time. We would be having dinner and I would completely zone out of the conversation and just think wow her eyes are huge, look how big they are. That didn't last long haha. And she actually ended up having surgery to correct it. My mom still tries to set me up with her but I can't do it! I have a ton of other crazy dating stories. My dating life is honest to god like the movie Good Luck Chuck

I'd like to say that Emily and I pioneered online dating as we met (not trying to meet others) on AOL some 13 years ago!!!

I have been divorced a little under 2 years now. I first joined eHarmony. Don't waste a penny on eHarmony. You cannot search their database. So I joined Match.com and it is the bomb !!!!!!!! I am not ready to settle down so I just keep dating women....some relationships last for weeks. Lots of hotttt women out there. The minute they start talking moving in or marriage......I'm onto the next one. Good luck !!!

I actually know two guys who got married off of eharmony and they are totally satisfied. They are more on the quieter side of personalities.

I like to make fun of eharmony, for one person to know two successful marriages is pretty crazy. Don't think eharmony would be good for casuaul dating.

thanks for the info guys.. I am on long island, very much into fitness... dont have a good rap... and when I checked out a few profiles on match, the women are all looking for a tall guy.. and these are women under 5' 4" I am not tall..... ... I am 5' 6" .. Online might not be good for me... :( lol

I've noticed the height thing too, and usually it's the girls who are like 5'1 who "need" someone 6'1. :lol2:

Like Mako said, if you know how to work the system you are good. If you have your profile and communication optimized you can meet a lot more women with the same effort than if you went out all the time.

Add in all the lies and deception, a major closet coke problem and you have the final chapter ending in the suicide of my brother last summer.

So sorry to hear that.....truly horrible.

I'd like to say that Emily and I pioneered online dating as we met (not trying to meet others) on AOL some 13 years ago!!!

Nice!

The good ole days of AOL chat rooms.....I remember it was quite the taboo thing to do about 15 years ago.

:iamwithstupid:

This.

I loved Match.com when I was on it, it literally is like a buffet of crazy/desperate/loose girls that want SO desperately to believe that you're "the one" that they check their usual morals/ethics at the door.

You do have to know how to work your profile, and the first initial communications in order to stand out to the hotter girls (who get hundreds of bullshit requests/winks/emails per day), but it honestly is like shooting fish in a barrel once you get the system down.

Plus, you can definitely find true quality women on the service that you won't want to let get away, and that's ultimately what happened to me (married her).

Highly recommended, no better way to go for bachelors looking to score. Thank god for the internet, lol.

Mako...help a brother out...(no seriously, I need it)

Is the site down right now for maintenance or is the link broken?

Need proper link ASAP please.

:icon_mrgreen:

An old friend of mine met his current GF on POF (plenty of fish) which I do NOT recommend! I was just trying to get him laid, set up a profile for him, and bam, met a weird girl just like him on the site. lol

However, they are going strong, and are a great couple. You never know, it think its worth a shot! I don't think its weird at all.

That was it for me.

I agree with the following rant I once read on Yahoo!

Where are all the classy women? I'm talking about those who are intelligent, classy, warm-hearted, kind, caring, sophisticated, honest, ONE WHO RESPECTS HER BODY, gentle, generous, beautiful, HUMBLE, etc...Did I mention classy?

I don't think I have EVER MET this type of woman. First of all, those Hollywood celebrities are PURE JUNK. My opinion. I am sick and tired of sluts, dumb bitches, show offs, gold diggers, drama queens, rebellious types, materialistic girls, selfish, self-indulgent, desperate, hardcore party girls, ones who think their princesses and barbies, ones who curse all the time, and I think you know what I mean.

Fellippe, whilst nothing wring with multi quoting could you at least copy the correct source.

To minimise Dwiggs drama as much as possible and for general clarification I have not been on a AOL chatroom, I have not been with a lady for 13 years and I am not involved with Emily in anyway at all.

Mainly because she now expects a Panamera for her birthday every year now.

You guys were 10+ years too late :D This was the "norm" (for the geekier types) 13 years ago. IRC was pretty big in the late 90s. Lots of people met after talking to each other on IRC 10-15 years back. Most of the bigger chat rooms by then even had their own websites where the "regular members" had their pic/info. Pretty much a simplified match.com/facebook profile. The profile's came on around 2000 if I remember correctly, before that it was just chat in the different local channels and sending each other pictures :D

I have never used online dating sites, but I believe it's a GREAT tool for meeting others. A lot of friends have used it. Most of them are in a relationship with someone they met online.

I have been divorced a little under 2 years now. I first joined eHarmony. Don't waste a penny on eHarmony. You cannot search their database. So I joined Match.com and it is the bomb !!!!!!!! I am not ready to settle down so I just keep dating women....some relationships last for weeks. Lots of hotttt women out there. The minute they start talking moving in or marriage......I'm onto the next one. Good luck !!!

Isn't the idea of going to a match-site to meet someone serious? If you want to get sexytime, why not just hitting the club? Just asking..

Somewhat true but probably about half the girls I've talked to on match just got on there because a friend made them or they are new to the area and just want to meet new people. I have also talked to some girls that were sex fiends and not really looking to settle down. I am also about an hour outside DC and most are in DC. Its funny because there are 7-8 "daily matches" and all the hot chicks are in DC and literally every time one of them is in my area she is "a few extra pounds" which is usually like Obese.

Its funny because there are 7-8 "daily matches" and all the hot chicks are in DC and literally every time one of them is in my area she is "a few extra pounds" which is usually like Obese.

Yeah but her friends tell her she is beautiful.

Its funny because there are 7-8 "daily matches" and all the hot chicks are in DC and literally every time one of them is in my area she is "a few extra pounds" which is usually like Obese.

This.

Same with FB profile pics, everybody is a supermodel :rolleyes:

Haha exactly. Or there is what I like to call the fat girl pose which is a picture from a downward angle that makes fat girls not look fat for some odd reason.

I have noticed a scary trend with these sites purely from observing friends and family using them.

It would appear that the ratio of women containing 1 or more of the following ailments but not limited to,

1. Daddy issues

2. Drug/alcohol problems

3. Multi babys/daddies

4. Bi polar disorders

5. Depression

are lining up in droves to be found by an unsuspecting nice guy. Ive seen some really horrible sacks of crap disguised as very normal people at first come from them. We know that most women are nuts anyway but the odds of finding a real girl thats not coo coo for coco puffs on the net is going to be tough.

My older brother found one from Match, they dated for a year. Turns out after about a year he found out that she was a full on Lesbian, not the good kind but the type that hated men. She had switched teams when she met my brother or something idk... This one was overbearing, rough and aggressive. She had a temper unlike any other and she wore my brother down to nothing. Add in all the lies and deception, a major closet coke problem and you have the final chapter ending in the suicide of my brother last summer.

So yes, my view points are slightly biased on the subject but If your going to get involved I would take it slow and tread lightly. The 3-4 month rule is in full effect here.

sorry to hear this. stories like this really make you think. if you find a good girl (doesnt have to be perfect) try and make it work.

I met my fiance on Lavalife.

We've been together 4.5 years (living together for 3.5) and we are getting married in 32 days....

My buddy met his wife online also. You can find some nice women online. However, you have to weed through a bunch of crazies and/or entitlement driven princesses to find one that is good.