Sold my R8. What's next?

GBGallardo

7 million views ANNUALLY can get you Gallardo money quite easily. I am not sure about youtube, but 7 mill annual views to your own website is definitely good cash (and I am sure many of Roberts own websites far exceed this number)

Edit: I'd be interested to see your friends site goldroger. 20mill views a month should be huge money, if the traffic and site is good.

If you want the link to his website pm me. I'm also in the web business too but I run a store rather then ads. Here's a rough idea of some youtube partner earnings. Which honestly could be bs for all we know but they receive alot more then 7 million views a year. http://socialtimes.com/money-youtube-partners_b21335.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 million views ANNUALLY can get you Gallardo money quite easily. I am not sure about youtube, but 7 mill annual views to your own website is definitely good cash (and I am sure many of Roberts own websites far exceed this number)

Edit: I'd be interested to see your friends site goldroger. 20mill views a month should be huge money, if the traffic and site is good.

7 million page views annually with just advertising alone will not get you Gallardo money. Unless you are charging a ridiculous CPM (even at a $10 CPM which is VERY high for regular/untargeted traffic) you're at $70,000/yr. The majority of sites are not getting anywhere near a $10 CPM from ad networks. You're looking at anywhere from $1-2 CPM on average. At those numbers a site getting 7000000 views annually is going to generate anywhere between 7k-14k per year in ad revenue.

7 million page views annually with just advertising alone will not get you Gallardo money. Unless you are charging a ridiculous CPM (even at a $10 CPM which is VERY high for regular/untargeted traffic) you're at $70,000/yr. The majority of sites are not getting anywhere near a $10 CPM from ad networks. You're looking at anywhere from $1-2 CPM on average. At those numbers a site getting 7000000 views annually is going to generate anywhere between 7k-14k per year in ad revenue.

How much do you think get from 44 million youtube hits and 63,000 subscribers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertHimler

That is JUST the youtube channel. :icon_thumleft:

Online advertising is my full time gig, and I primarily work with two websites that get 4.5mill impressions, and 9mill impressions annually. Combined they are pulling in between $10,000 and $40,000 per month (I don't own the sites, so just putting figures here to show that it is possible). It is only myself getting income for these websites, so I know the industry inside out. Admittedly this is about 80% banner advertising, 10% sponsoring of sections, and 10% adverts in newsletters.

I also meet with other website publishers often who are pulling in much more (one I know who is on slightly more traffic is $80k per month)

If you are getting a $1 or $2CPM it is because you are at the very end of the stream, and you are getting effectively what is left over. Shuffle your way up the stream, and get the advertising campaign before Tribal Fusion, Google, Media Agencies, Advertising Agencies, Site networks have all taken their cut.

Remember that 7million website impressions does not equal 7million banner impressions. And not everyone is content with getting $2CPM.

You right in mentioning targeted traffic. A blog showing funny cat images will make little, but a website showing say, quality info on traveling to the pacific islands, could make great money as it is targeted and you open up a whole world of potential advertisers.

Thing is most people make a site, get good traffic, then think hmm how to monetize this, then put up Adsense or Tribal Fusion or something and either get a few cents per click, or a CPM in the dollars. There is more to making money from websites then settling for this.

Anyway the point is to say the Robert could very well have been making good money. His car video website is perfect for about 100,000 companies to advertise on.

You would be SURPRISED how many members here are trading their lamborghini's in for GT-R's.

That nissan Rocks. I have driven a couple modded ones, and they are sick cars.

The GT-R may be a high horsepower vehicle, but asthetically is not even close to a Lamborghini. I have no idea why you would want to do that trade.

The GT-R may be a high horsepower vehicle, but asthetically is not even close to a Lamborghini. I have no idea why you would want to do that trade.

Who said trade!?? Get both!

The GTR is a great daily driver to the Lambo owner garage.

I'm happy with mine. For sure, nothing looks like a Lambo, and the GTR is somewhat appalling to look at; But it's great all around.

Online advertising is my full time gig, and I primarily work with two websites that get 4.5mill impressions, and 9mill impressions annually. Combined they are pulling in between $10,000 and $40,000 per month (I don't own the sites, so just putting figures here to show that it is possible). It is only myself getting income for these websites, so I know the industry inside out. Admittedly this is about 80% banner advertising, 10% sponsoring of sections, and 10% adverts in newsletters.

I also meet with other website publishers often who are pulling in much more (one I know who is on slightly more traffic is $80k per month)

If you are getting a $1 or $2CPM it is because you are at the very end of the stream, and you are getting effectively what is left over. Shuffle your way up the stream, and get the advertising campaign before Tribal Fusion, Google, Media Agencies, Advertising Agencies, Site networks have all taken their cut.

Remember that 7million website impressions does not equal 7million banner impressions. And not everyone is content with getting $2CPM.

You right in mentioning targeted traffic. A blog showing funny cat images will make little, but a website showing say, quality info on traveling to the pacific islands, could make great money as it is targeted and you open up a whole world of potential advertisers.

Thing is most people make a site, get good traffic, then think hmm how to monetize this, then put up Adsense or Tribal Fusion or something and either get a few cents per click, or a CPM in the dollars. There is more to making money from websites then settling for this.

Anyway the point is to say the Robert could very well have been making good money. His car video website is perfect for about 100,000 companies to advertise on.

I'm not doubting the fact that he could be making very good money. I could care less either way, I was just responding to the statement...I have no opinion on all the drama.

My figures we're based of the assumption of 7 Million banner impressions per year. If we're talking 7 million uniques, that's a whole different ball game. Online advertising is also my full time gig except I am on the media buying side of things. I'm sure its possible to be making that kind of money from that small of a user base, its just on the high side in my opinion (but definitely possible). The lower CPM figures we're on the assumption that most website owners would rather just give the banner space to Tribal, Value Click or any other ad network since the majority of them would rather not setup adservers, create IOs and hunt down advertisers.

When I was buying on sites like weatherbug.com, about.com etc. I was paying somewhere in the area of a $6 CPM for decently targeted traffic (none of it was remnant, freq capping was in place etc)...I have also paid $10+ for highly targeted traffic and as low as .50 for remnant traffic on MySpace a few years ago (its probably lower now lol) so the numbers can be all over the place. But from what I have seen, normally sites with 7million impressions annually do not pull in those kind of numbers from just display traffic alone. Obviously there are many exceptions, but generally speaking (in my experience) those kind of numbers are on the high side.

But back to topic, it is definitely possible to be making the type of money we are talking about here. I'm sure there are a few more internet guys on the forum and I'm sure we can all say that with the right type of sites, you can be making MUCH more than Gallardo money. But at the end of the day all this drama can be summed up in 1 phrase...haters gonna hate.

But at the end of the day all this drama can be summed up in 1 phrase...haters gonna hate.

IMHO, yes and no.

Sure there will always be haters....but the notion that all internet marketing is legit/reasonable/good value is a fallacy. In fact, I'd argue that a good percentage of it isn't a good value, and it's up to the consumer to decide just how overhyped it is. After all, in order to have copywriting and marketing that converts, the very nature of it all has to oversell to some degree otherwise it won't do well.

There are quite a few guys out there who promise you an Enzo and deliver you a Mondial. Can't defend those guys from a moral standpoint...

And Robert is far from being one of those guys.

I think the guy who wrote that blog was probably burned as a consumer previously, knows of GB through the car circles and it was too much for him to deal with to see a young guy with toys now wanting to sell an ebook.

Did he go overboard in this situation? Yes.

Would this same type of blog aimed at the right person be just?

Possibly. :icon_mrgreen:

7 million uniques and 7 million page views and 7 million impressions are very different. Really depends on the industry.

Advertising revenue for 20K uniques to a blog usually makes dick.

Advertising revenue for 20K uniques to real estate or health care services could make a lot more.

Really depends on the site.

As for YouTube impressions. I've heard some of the main people make over 100K/year, but some of them also have like 1B views.