New ride

djt77

Hi all,

I've been a long term lurker on the site and haven't done much posting as don't have a Lambo yet. Will some day but for the time being I'm into my motorcycles and thought I'd share a few picture of my new ride with you. The photo's aren't great as taken on iphone by parents who visited the factory for me to see the finished bike. For those of you who are interested its a Bimota DB7 Oronero, it differs from the standard bike due to the full carbon fibre frame, as far as I'm aware its the only current production bike that has a full carbon frame, its number 28 of a run of 30 world wide (factory are supposed to be keeping 5 back for themselves as well) and likely to be the only one here in Australia. Once I take delivery of the bike in 3/4 weeks I'll put up some better pictures for anyone who is interested. My dealer and the Factory have been great, as I'm in Australia it wasn't feasible to go to Italy to see the Factory or bike, so I did the next best thing I could think of, stuck my folks on a plane over to see it and spend some time away from home as they deserve a break, they loved the visit and tour they got and enjoyed the whole experience which make things like this even more special.

post-3511-1330262100_thumb.jpg

post-3511-1330262168_thumb.jpg

post-3511-1330262219_thumb.jpg

post-3511-1330262264_thumb.jpg

post-3511-1330262296_thumb.jpg

Everything is awesome on it. Except that enormous license plate holder mullet. But everything else is sweeeeeeeet!

Everything is awesome on it. Except that enormous license plate holder mullet. But everything else is sweeeeeeeet!

Don't worry that will be coming straight off :)

That was my first thought too, I have never seen a plate holder that big before.

Congrats on the new bike, it is gorgeous. I know nothing about Bimotas, what kind of power does it put down and how much does it weigh with a CF frame?

Congrats on the new bike, it is gorgeous. I know nothing about Bimotas, what kind of power does it put down and how much does it weigh with a CF frame?

Same here. I would love to hear about more specs. That bike is amazing. Huge congrats.

any plans for replacing the exhaust?

Love the bike except the license plate holder which you are removing and the exhaust. Some titanium pipes on it would look sick.

Weight is around 160/170 kg (dry, add 15/20 for wet weight) at least 10 kg less than the new 1199 Ducati and power is around 150/160 bhp. Once I get a chance I plan on getting it on the scales and the dyno to get some actual figures.

With regards to the exhaust, the end can is titanium but the rest of the system is not, I did get offered a full titanium system but as they haven't finished making any yet I have held off, It can always be added/changed over at a later date.

Weight is around 160/170 kg (dry, add 15/20 for wet weight) at least 10 kg less than the new 1199 Ducati and power is around 150/160 bhp. Once I get a chance I plan on getting it on the scales and the dyno to get some actual figures.

With regards to the exhaust, the end can is titanium but the rest of the system is not, I did get offered a full titanium system but as they haven't finished making any yet I have held off, It can always be added/changed over at a later date.

Holy shit that's about as much as my 250 ninja weighs with twice as much power as my 900SS has.

DO WANT.

• 2 weeks later...

So nice you almost wouldn't want to ride it.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got to collect yesterday, this thing is so light, can't wait until it's run in and get to use it properly.

post-3511-1334726953_thumb.jpg

Nice bike! Whats the top speed?

Not sure on top speed yet, let me get it run in and it'll let you know, speedo should be fairly accurate as it a GPS unit :)

Beautiful! Do you intend on tracking it?

Most likely just to see how well it goes, for scientific purposes you understand :) Only problem is need a big track like Philip Island not the little one we have here.

Most likely just to see how well it goes, for scientific purposes you understand :) Only problem is need a big track like Philip Island not the little one we have here.

Haha of course, might even have to repeat those tests a few times to be sure :icon_super: If you ever have it out and about in SE QLD would love to check it out someday, have more than a few friends that would drool over that machine :P