Good Old Ronin!

Allan-Herbie

Is this Ronin?

I must say, it's filmed very well and a good review of the car. I think I've seen a similar clip where they tested a 335i convertible at similars road, Santa Monica or something.

Is this Ronin?

I must say, it's filmed very well and a good review of the car. I think I've seen a similar clip where they tested a 335i convertible at similars road, Santa Monica or something.

That is not Ronin.. He was supposed to test Ronins car, but before he got to it, it blew up. Thats the Lotus he is talking about in the beginning..

Does anybody know where that road he is driving on is? Looks like So Cal...

I would bet money it's Glendora Mtn. Road, looks like where it connects Glendora Ridge over to Baldy Mtn. Rd.

That is not Ronin.. He was supposed to test Ronins car, but before he got to it, it blew up. Thats the Lotus he is talking about in the beginning..

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

In the same youtube video's comments, Ronin's talking about oh not a big deal, will be faster than ever, new tires, etc etc. What a fcuking joke. Canyon Racing championship winner!!!! I think there are hundreds of drivers/cars in CA that would just embarrass him. He doesn't know how to drive, and apparently he also doesn't know how to maintain his POS

In the same youtube video's comments, Ronin's talking about oh not a big deal, will be faster than ever, new tires, etc etc. What a fcuking joke. Canyon Racing championship winner!!!! I think there are hundreds of drivers/cars in CA that would just embarrass him. He doesn't know how to drive, and apparently he also doesn't know how to maintain his POS

Wait till you see the latest vid I will upload, you will see how dangerous it is to drive on that road the way he does..

Seriously, no matter how many times I and others tell him he's either gonna kill himself or other people, he just does not give a shit. I can't wait for the day he goes flying off the goddamn cliff

Seriously, no matter how many times I and others tell him he's either gonna kill himself or other people, he just does not give a shit. I can't wait for the day he goes flying off the goddamn cliff

Every time I see a "Ronin" thread title on the board, I expect to see it followed with "went off a cliff", when I click on it.

Because if you know that area as the locals do, you know it's hard to drive it even at the SPEED LIMIT and not hit a ton of bikers and randoms just out of sheer bad luck.

One swerve to dodge something unexpected and it's bye-bye, even if you're Ayrton Senna reincarnated.

It's one thing to "go to Mexico" and street race on deserted mile+ long straight-aways with no inlets. It's quite another to take one of the busiest and dangerous roads in LA and turn it into your own personal Rally stage.

Idiot.

Every time I see a "Ronin" thread title on the board, I expect to see it followed with "went off a cliff", when I click on it.

Because if you know that area as the locals do, you know it's hard to drive it even at the SPEED LIMIT and not hit a ton of bikers and randoms just out of sheer bad luck.

One swerve to dodge something unexpected and it's bye-bye, even if you're Ayrton Senna reincarnated.

It's one thing to "go to Mexico" and street race on deserted mile+ long straight-aways with no inlets. It's quite another to take one of the busiest and dangerous roads in LA and turn it into your own personal Rally stage.

Idiot.

Mulholland and these other canyon roads can be very dangerous due to bad drivers. But I think they can still be fun even at the speed limit if one drives responsible. Take a look at this guy from Sunday http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/69...157629470502281. It is a blind turn

Mulholland and these other canyon roads can be very dangerous due to bad drivers. But I think they can still be fun even at the speed limit if one drives responsible. Take a look at this guy from Sunday http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/69...157629470502281. It is a blind turn

I live in this neighborhood, I rarely drive on the weekends, too many idiots. My son and I were going to Gelson's in Calabasas driving down Stunt Rd last Sunday, two idiots in a silver 1st gen Miata passed me in the opposite direction on a corner in a four wheel drift sliding into our lane. I could hear their tires squealing over my engine and stereo (Rolling Stones).

I've actually passed Ronin on Mulholland once, admittedly it was a Sunday, but he drove by the Viewpoint school in opposite direction from me probably doing 100mph. It's a really bumpy road, looked like his car was on the limit.

I live in this neighborhood, I rarely drive on the weekends, too many idiots. My son and I were going to Gelson's in Calabasas driving down Stunt Rd last Sunday, two idiots in a silver 1st gen Miata passed me in the opposite direction on a corner in a four wheel drift sliding into our lane. I could hear their tires squealing over my engine and stereo (Rolling Stones).

I've actually passed Ronin on Mulholland once, admittedly it was a Sunday, but he drove by the Viewpoint school in opposite direction from me probably doing 100mph. It's a really bumpy road, looked like his car was on the limit.

Thats why I like taking the Diablo through there.. At 35mph it feels like you are on the limit! :lol2:

Thats why I like taking the Diablo through there.. At 35mph it feels like you are on the limit! :lol2:

There is one of those solar powered radar speed signs at the corner right before the school going into Malibu/Topanga, if memory serves me correct, the speed limit is 45 mph........ :icon_super: like that you are taking it careful around the kids.

There is one of those solar powered radar speed signs at the corner right before the school going into Malibu/Topanga, if memory serves me correct, the speed limit is 45 mph........ :icon_super: like that you are taking it careful around the kids.

:icon_thumleft:

And yet, three years ago, I quote you:

So, tonight I drove down Stunt Rd from Saddle Peak Rd to Gelson's in Calabasas to p/u a few filets for dinner. Stunt Rd. is god's gift, a racetrack, a bumpy racetrack, but a fantastic road to drive. A road I have driven a 1,000 times. I usually always turn off the TC because on rougher roads as it slows me down. For our non CA. residents, in the Malibu/Topanga/Calabasas area almost all the back roads suffer from a lack of maintenance, land movement so they tend to be bumpy and an uneven but oddly smooth feeling at the same time. it comes and goes. It can catch you out if you aren't paying attention.

So I forgot tonight to turn off the TC, so I am driving down the hilll, hit 140 mph go into a turn as normal and the TC decides to kick in for no reason and I cannot control the understeer and slide out into the opposite lane and almost hit a RR.

Normally what i find is if you brake first before the corner and then stay in the gas thru a corner with the tc off, the front bites and the car rotates thru the turn.....the opposite seems to happen with tc on. Any feedback?

Can you turn it off permanently? A Gallardo doesn't generate enough torque to warrant a tc system imho.

Let he who is without sin......or something like that?

Full thread here

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...akisho&st=0

Not that Im defending ronin. Ive seen his videos. Hes a total nutter.

Detective Pakisho is on the case. :shock:

In kinsella's defense, Stunt road is practicually deserted compared to Ronin's crowded "WRC course" on Mulholland...

Not detective, just the memory of an elephant when it comes to useless trivia, although if you live in the area (and I do) and drive around there, "140mph on stunt" is not something you forget very quickly.

Not detective, just the memory of an elephant when it comes to useless trivia, although if you live in the area (and I do) and drive around there, "140mph on stunt" is not something you forget very quickly.

Funny thing is I remembered that specific post as well before you digged it up. I spend way too much time on LP.