Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

LaHostrup

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it serve as a euro spec rear fog light?

yes, it's an euro spec rear fog light, but classless. I think it's more suited for a tuned Fiat 500 than for a 400 k USD Ferrari

Looks terrible, but I like the motor. Aventador better have some serious hp upgrades waiting (SV), because the coming McLaren and Ferrari F70 aren't gonna just play around

Aventador costs 316 k Euro, F70 is expected at 1,2 million euro, new Mc Laren F1 is expected at almost 1 milllion euro, so the only Aventador competitor is this 300 k euro F12.

ciao

I was actually planning on changing my Aventador in 2 years for the 599 successor, but I'm not a huge fan of these illustrations.

That being said, I didn't like the 458 illustrations, but I loved the car in person and in "real pictures" that surfaced later.

What's a shame is how much Ferrari trounced Lamborghini this time around from a pure performance. 40 more hp, 50 kg lighter than the Aventador and all done without carbon fiber and with a dual clutch transmission. Lamborghini has traditionally always won the hp/straight line war and forfeited the handling battle, but since they "switched their design philosophy" they've now simply lost at both. The f12 sounds a lot better no less.

I guess my only solace is that the Aventador will be here in a few weeks (after... 4 months of delays) and at MSRP, whereas the F12 would be 3 years away, and by then probably cost about $500k+ fully optioned.

BUTTERFACE

:icon_mrgreen:

Put a bag over her head and I'll agree to keep the lights on.

Oh and them pussying out on the interior and simply dropping what is basically the 458's dash and wheel in there is rediculous. Is this Kia or Ferrari? We going to share parts now with our lower models to save costs? Come on. Put something unique in there for your $500k+ buyers. Artistically move us, don't just cop out to a homogenous look throughout the line.

You may not like the LP700's interior (those few of you who are insane/blind/anti-Audi eliteists/whatever), but at least it's not a 98% identical look to the Gallardo's.

Teen-with-Braces.jpg

BUTTERFACE

:icon_mrgreen:

Put a bag over her head and I'll agree to keep the lights on.

LOL, I agree with you. The front looks like a smiling young kid with braces.

LOL, I agree with you. The front looks like a smiling young kid with braces.

Hadn't thought of the "braces" angle, so epic. :lol2: :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

Its very uninspiring looking to me.

I will stick to my opinion from the earlier grey car, which is that I like it better than the 599, which was a "GUNDAM MACROSS FERRARI SUPER DELUXE" Japanese take on an Italian exotic, and that as soup and I mentioned last week, it has a very clear lineage to the 550/575 visually which is appropriate.

The problems are that butterface of course, and the fact that the 550 was nothing to write home about in terms of presence or impact. When Ferrari had rear-engined V12 models that weren't anniversary cars only, they were always exciting and dynamic in terms of styling. A Testarossa looked like it deserved to be parked next to the Countach, with a "let's rumble" caption floating virtually in the clouds above both.

When DiMontezemolo decided to alter the future, and greenlit the front-engined 550 as the direction they wanted to take their V12 model in the 90s, it signalled the end of an era, because one of those banana boats parked next to a then-current Diablo didn't inspire any "let's rumble" thoughts...instead it inspired "who brought their Dad to this event?" thoughts... :icon_mrgreen:

So it's not a ringing endorsement to say it looks somewhat like a 550 had a gang-bang with a 458 and her ugly little sister FF and this is the offspring.

However, the smaller packaging over the bus-like 599 is appreciated, the tech I'm sure will be top notch, the -154lbs. of weight over the base 599 is a slight improvement, and it surely is fast as balls, all of which are pluses.

Oh and Nima, stop with the FF love you idiot, that car is ugly as balls, period end of story. Know how I know? Because when it comes time to write that BIG check for it, no one does, aside from a few insane Chinese nationals which is the only place that hideous jack-o-lantern has actually sold a few units. Just stop. The FF makes the 612 look "forward-thinking and avant garde"... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

I think when I mentioned KIA styling perhaps Maranello intended that? Consider their market - who buys most of their cars? (Or will be soon). The front doesn't look too bad to me, I'm sure there will be a black-out option on the grill like the FF. Here's what I configured. Not too shabby. And for that motor - that's all that counts. It should be apocalyptic.

post-6125-1330551590_thumb.png

The side profile is nice, the grill just needs a restyling for the face to look handsome, the back would look decent if it didn't look like the cross section of a women's reproductive system found in grade 7 sex-ed handouts. Curious to see a performance comparison vs the Aventador. 730 hp vs a most likely underrated 690 hp car hmm.... that and how the car is going to get traction when the GTO had issues with less HP (the TC killed the fun...)

Can you guys PLEASE wait until the car is out in the wild.

I'm actually fed up with people who constantly keep trashing Ferrari just because it's Ferrari and who have never ever seen a Ferrari FF in real life. If you haven't seen or driven it don't talk. This may sound ridiculous or rude but seriously... seeing a car in a picture or in real life is a totally different experience.

I actually love everything but the front end. May look good when some aftermarket fronts come out for it, though. We'll see.

That shop up there looks spectacular!

Can you guys PLEASE wait until the car is out in the wild.

I'm actually fed up with people who constantly keep trashing Ferrari just because it's Ferrari and who have never ever seen a Ferrari FF in real life. If you haven't seen or driven it don't talk. This may sound ridiculous or rude but seriously... seeing a car in a picture or in real life is a totally different experience.

We are trashing it because it is a Ferrari and we expect more from such a great brand with a history of great performing AND looking cars. It may well look better in the wild but it still won't look anything close to an F40.

Besides, the internet was invented to armchair quarterback. Get over it.

Ferrari-F60-2009-09s.jpg

why would anyone want that on a road car? i have no idea

Extra rear light. Flashes when raining.

That is without doubt THE most gay thing ever to be put on a roadcar.

If the only people who were allowed to talk about these cars were the owners and buyers, there wouldnt be much discussion. I rode in a 599 just over the weekend. Fantastic cruiser, and fast as hell. Almost too comfortable for an exotic. But its still a fantastic car. I would imagine this will drive great, ride great, but the looks just dont excite me. Nothing wrong with that. This is a lamborghini forum, looks are kind of a big deal around here....