Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

LaHostrup

The F12berlinetta’s 6262cc 65° V12 engine delivers unprecedented performance and revs for a naturally-aspirated 12-cylinder. Its maximum power output is 740 CV which translates to a specific output of 118 CV/l. Torque reaches a peak of 690 Nm, 80 per cent of which is already available at just 2,500 rpm, and which provides an unrelenting surge of acceleration all the way to the 8,700 rpm limit. The engine is mated to the F1 dual-clutch transmission, which has closer gear ratios developed specifically for this car’s performance. The F12berlinetta boasts a weight-to-power ratio of just 2.1 kg/CV .

The result is that the new Prancing Horse 12-cylinder accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 3.1 seconds and from 0 to 200 km/h in 8.5 seconds. It also completes a lap of the Fiorano circuit in 1’23”, faster than any other Ferrari road car. Benchmark performance and maximum driving involvement are guaranteed by immediate turn-in, with smaller steering wheel angles, and increased cornering speed. Stopping distances have also been drastically reduced.

post-8121-1330519768_thumb.jpg

post-8121-1330519822.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the remote control doing in the back of the car :rolleyes:

Well what if its a wet lap on the way to work? or I have engaged the pitlane speed limiter? Truly F1 technology for the street right here. :rolleyes:

Well what if its a wet lap on the way to work? or I have engaged the pitlane speed limiter? Truly F1 technology for the street right here. :rolleyes:

:lol2:

I love it! Looks exactly how it should. Having seen the FF in person I completely changed my mind on it and this shares many design elements. Easily my favourite Ferrari since the Enzo. It looks much more proportional than the "wooden" model that we saw, on which I based initial impressions.

My question is how much lighter is it than the 599 irl? We know the Aventador was lighter than the LP640 it replaced but once it was properly equipped, it was the same weight. Would this be the same or heaver than a 599 once its properly optioned?

There's not a single angle of this car that I like. Performance numbers are impressive though, if customer cars actually match them. I guess Ferrari had to do something to show us that the FF isn't that ugly after all.

Makes the FF look like the F40... The front end is OK, but honestly - the new KIA's look better from behind...

:iamwithstupid:

this car would be a fantastic Kia or a fantastic Hyundai too... :icon_mrgreen:

seriously: it's a great car, but i do not like this new "Korean" Ferrari style.

Bring back the italian style, please

ciao

I think it looks brilliant! Take a look at the configurator and view it from all the angles, the design has a lot finesse imo. It's far better looking than the 599 or FF.

Can somebody please explain the frikkin remote in the back?!

Ferrari-F60-2009-09s.jpg

why would anyone want that on a road car? i have no idea

Ferrari-F60-2009-09s.jpg

why would anyone want that on a road car? i have no idea

may be to tell your grandmother you bought a Korean F1 racing car? :icon_mrgreen: