US Secret Service lost its mystique

Smash Boy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it fishy that the Hooker is claiming her rate is $800. Surely Colombian hookers are cheaper, no?

For $200 USD you can get a LA 8 for the whole day, or so im told :eusa_shhh:

I could care less. We live in an extremely sexually repressed, puritanical society that would be a lot better off if everyone got laid. I am willing to bet a significant amount of money in a bet that neither Romney nor Obama have been laid in a long time...

Mystique? They have submachine guns and ride around in armored Suburbans wearing suits. I've met a few of them and they are just like any other cop - they just have a federal employer instead of a city. Imagine your local beat cop getting caught in the same situation. It happens, it's disgraceful, they guys usually have to resign and the city (or agency) tries hard to put it past them and say "shit happens."

If they DID share sensitive info to these harlots, and if they WERE supposed to be somewhere else and not on "break" then light them on fire, by all means. But I think more people are concerned with the fact they were paying for sex rather than sharing sensitive info. They should have just said they were "hiking in South America" - it worked for one governor...

I could care less. We live in an extremely sexually repressed, puritanical society that would be a lot better off if everyone got laid. I am willing to bet a significant amount of money in a bet that neither Romney nor Obama have been laid in a long time...

Mystique? They have submachine guns and ride around in armored Suburbans wearing suits. I've met a few of them and they are just like any other cop - they just have a federal employer instead of a city. Imagine your local beat cop getting caught in the same situation. It happens, it's disgraceful, they guys usually have to resign and the city (or agency) tries hard to put it past them and say "shit happens."

If they DID share sensitive info to these harlots, and if they WERE supposed to be somewhere else and not on "break" then light them on fire, by all means. But I think more people are concerned with the fact they were paying for sex rather than sharing sensitive info. They should have just said they were "hiking in South America" - it worked for one governor...

Stig,

This has a lot less to do with an SS agent soliciting services than it does in the manner it was done, and how many did it.

I couldn't care less if you gave me 20 isolated incidents where agents did this in their off time. But 20 of them doing it in another country all together while on duty (is there off duty in another country)??

A bit hypocritical of the SS mantra, IMHO.

Otherwise I agree with you -- South America's views on sex >>>> ours. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Me neither. Now we have half the national news broadcast devoted to this trivial bullshit, meanwhile on the same day in Assramistan we spent 300 million on the occupation and lost 4 service members and a Blackhawk. But let's make a big deal about some SS guys getting laid, legally.

Me neither. Now we have half the national news broadcast devoted to this trivial bullshit, meanwhile on the same day in Assramistan we spent 300 million on the occupation and lost 4 service members and a Blackhawk. But let's make a big deal about some SS guys getting laid, legally.

Totally agree with you, but that's the media's choice, not ours. Meaning we don't get to select what they focus on, nor what gets page views or viewership for them. They're a joke, but the masses feed them with eyeballs and clicks.

They were RELIEVED of duty.

And...

They were RELIEVED while on duty.

lol, as far as the issue as a whole itself I find myself leaning towards Felippe/Romandad's view.

The Secret Service were one of the few last bastions of discipline, honor, and service that we could look to with respect, especially those units connected to the President's detail (which only makes up a small % of active SS agents).

It's all about perception, I mean if Seal Team 6 had banged half of Abbottabad after the Bin Laden raid we'd all be laughing and giving them the thumbs up, because that's their macho image and we enjoy it.

But the SS is different, in our minds they're like a religious sect really, 'Knights of the Round' and all that, with a sworn oath to protect...and when they act like the rest of us (fallable) it's a bit depressing, but expected.

I can see it both ways, but I sure as fcuk would like it a lot better if they tighten shit up over there.

For example, yeah how bout we get rid of agents having fcuking Facebook pages, and everything that goes with it. I mean wtf guy, you post a picture of you walking behind Palin and put a caption on it about how you "checked out" her ass? Are you a 12 year old boy? :rolleyes:

For example, yeah how bout we get rid of agents having fcuking Facebook pages, and everything that goes with it. I mean wtf guy, you post a picture of you walking behind Palin and put a caption on it about how you "checked out" her ass? Are you a 12 year old boy? :rolleyes:

You thought "12 year old boy".... I thought "When did Allan join the Secret Service?"

Stig,

This has a lot less to do with an SS agent soliciting services than it does in the manner it was done, and how many did it.

I couldn't care less if you gave me 20 isolated incidents where agents did this in their off time. But 20 of them doing it in another country all together while on duty (is there off duty in another country)??

A bit hypocritical of the SS mantra, IMHO.

Otherwise I agree with you -- South America's views on sex >>>> ours. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Ya, I'm speaking out of my ass a bit - but trying to make a point. If the whole damn shift was there and they weren't on "leave" or "break" (if such a thing exists), then it's outta line. But right - the SS mantra is "cloak and dagger" all the way.

It's not trivial. They were the advance team sent in. They are the SECRET SERVICE. They are supposed to be the elite of the elite. That they were getting laid unto itself I don't think anyone really cares about, it's that they were getting laid, and doing drugs, and drinking, all while on the job. And now it turns out one of the agents had a FACEBOOK page!?! These are either some really bad apples or there is something seriously wrong with the Secret Service as an organization IMO.

It's all about perception, I mean if Seal Team 6 had banged half of Abbottabad after the Bin Laden raid we'd all be laughing and giving them the thumbs up, because that's their macho image and we enjoy it.

I wouldn't, I'd see it as a total lack of professionalism, especially at that level as that is the elite of the elite.

But the SS is different, in our minds they're like a religious sect really, 'Knights of the Round' and all that, with a sworn oath to protect...and when they act like the rest of us (fallable) it's a bit depressing, but expected.

To me it is totally unexpected. At that level they should definitely be professional enough to not engage in that kind of behavior.

I can see it both ways, but I sure as fcuk would like it a lot better if they tighten shit up over there.

Having a Facebook page totally takes the "Secret" out of Secret Service.

It's not trivial. They were the advance team sent in. They are the SECRET SERVICE. They are supposed to be the elite of the elite. That they were getting laid unto itself I don't think anyone really cares about, it's that they were getting laid, and doing drugs, and drinking, all while on the job. And now it turns out one of the agents had a FACEBOOK page!?! These are either some really bad apples or there is something seriously wrong with the Secret Service as an organization IMO.

What is your source on them doing drugs?

And drinking? Seriously? They weren't guarding the president. The job they were doing isn't a 24/7 thing. Advance teams scout out the airport and liaises with the host nation LEO's.

And whats wrong with an SS guy having a FB page? These are human beings we are talking about. I am sure they want to use FB for the same reason every one else does (seeing who from high school got fat).

What is your source on them doing drugs?

LINK

And drinking? Seriously? They weren't guarding the president. The job they were doing isn't a 24/7 thing. Advance teams scout out the airport and liaises with the host nation LEO's.

Yes it is. When they are carrying sensitive information, like the president's schedule, they are doing a 24/7 job. Not doing so is how said information can get stolen. They also were telling the prostitutes who they were and left said information lying out in the open.

And whats wrong with an SS guy having a FB page? These are human beings we are talking about. I am sure they want to use FB for the same reason every one else does (seeing who from high school got fat).

If done discreetly then fine, but to post up one's picture and then write things such as how he was checking out Sarah Palin, is EXTREMELY unprofessional acting for what is supposed to be an elite organization. IMO if one wants to do that kind of stuff, then they shouldn't become Secret Service agents. The "they're human beings" argument doesn't cut it IMO. The SS have to have the highest level of professionalism. If they let their emotions get in the way, then what if they hate the president or the particular politician they have been assigned to guard? That job requires putting one's personal feelings on the sideline. And if one can put their personal feelings on the sideline regarding politics, then one most certainly can avoid hiring prostitutes and drinking while on the job.

LINK

Yes it is. When they are carrying sensitive information, like the president's schedule, they are doing a 24/7 job. Not doing so is how said information can get stolen. They also were telling the prostitutes who they were and left said information lying out in the open.

If done discreetly then fine, but to post up one's picture and then write things such as how he was checking out Sarah Palin, is EXTREMELY unprofessional acting for what is supposed to be an elite organization. IMO if one wants to do that kind of stuff, then they shouldn't become Secret Service agents. The "they're human beings" argument doesn't cut it IMO. The SS have to have the highest level of professionalism. If they let their emotions get in the way, then what if they hate the president or the particular politician they have been assigned to guard? That job requires putting one's personal feelings on the sideline. And if one can put their personal feelings on the sideline regarding politics, then one most certainly can avoid hiring prostitutes and drinking while on the job.

:iamwithstupid:

Its a VERY unusual job.... If youre a fcuking dry-waller, you can do just about anything you want, whenever you want. You can bang hookers two at a time with mountains of blow in your tool chest. Nobody really gives a fcuk.

When you become Secret Service agent, that life is no longer an option. Too many people depend on you NOT fcuking UP. Its not a 9 to 5 job. You're a USSS Agent 24/7/365.

We've had one successful Presidential Assasination in the last 50 years, and the fcuking country STILL hasn't gotten over it.

Listen... Its a TOUGH fcuking job. I couldn't imagine a married guy doing it. The travel is a fcuking KILLER. The pay sucks ass.... BUT... The people who do it understand theyre doing something REALLY IMPORTANT. And THATS why they do it.

These guys blew that notion up.

I'd see it as a total lack of professionalism, especially at that level as that is the elite of the elite.

Yeah, it is unprofessional. Agreed! But it isn't an international incident, either. India just successfully fired a nuclear capable missile that can reach any of their hemispherical foes, but nobody gives a shit. We'd rather talk about who's having legal sex in Colombia.

From Bill Clinton, to Anthony Weiner, to Elliot Spitzer, to etc etc.... Stop acting so aghast. News Flash: Men like to get laid. I agree that none of it is nationally flattering, but don't we have better things to worry about?

Yeah, it is unprofessional. Agreed! But it isn't an international incident, either. India just successfully fired a nuclear capable missile that can reach any of their hemispherical foes, but nobody gives a shit. We'd rather talk about who's having legal sex in Colombia.

From Bill Clinton, to Anthony Weiner, to Elliot Spitzer, to etc etc.... Stop acting so aghast. News Flash: Men like to get laid. I agree that none of it is nationally flattering, but don't we have better things to worry about?

Agree 100% on the politicians. I agree that things like India are important too. The major concern over the SS's behavior (IMO) is how it could have affected the security of the president. This isn't the first time the SS slipped up, remember the Salahis? They faked being invited to that White House dinner and made it through two levels of security. Had they been people intent on trying to kill the president, all it would have taken is making it through one more set of security to get to him, but they were stopped.

India has had muclear weapons for twenty years. Unless something happens to trigger a situation, them having the bomb doest frighten me. But one of the things that could spark a nuclear exchange is the murder of the president pf the United States. My father was a navigator/bombardier on a B-52 Stratofortress. He routinely flew over the north poll to within sight of the Soviet Union with a nuclear strike payload. Anybody want to guess where he spent the late evening hours of November 22nd 1963 and what they were carrying in the trunk?

There is another issue here besides that. Its a recurring theme of waste, fraud and abuse within the executive branch. Specifically with people traveling on the taxpayer's dime, ostensibly on official business, and finding out they're having a lot more fun than the hardworking citizens who are paying the bill. And its not just the USSS or GSA. Its a systemic attitude that flows from the top down. Who can forget Barrack and Michelle's European vacation that soaked us for a shitload of money we dont have?

And one of the daughters just did spring break in mexico. Complete with a full Secret service detail.

Heres the deal. Potus has to travel for the job. And when they do, its a major fcuking rollout of man, machine and money. But when we're in a budget mess like we are, I expect a president who gave a shit about appearances would keep that to a bare minimum and would make sure the security that goes is as small as possible- to where they are way too busy for hookers and booze. If they had time for that, they either got there too early or they brought too many guys.

Personally, if I were potus in an economy like this, Air Force One would be flying Domestic only. If foreign leaders need to see me, they can hit me up on Skype or put their asses on a plane if its that fcuking important. And in the hard to imagine situation that living in the fcuking White House gets boring, my wife and kids are just going to have to suffer trough vacations at Camp fcuking David since it provides the best bang for the taxpayers buck.

If they want to see Europe or Mexico or anyplace else they'll have to wait til Im put of office, they dont need Secret Service and Dad is paying for it.

^^RD Assignment of SS staff may be out of the POTUS's control.

It is and it isnt... The service has their policies but there is a give and take relationship and in the end, he the fcuking boss....

And, lets face it... Once he is aware of the costs involved in his travel, and how some may be abusing that opportunity, any person with any level of tact would ask ,"how important is it that I take this particular trip? Or would the American people be better served by me staying at the Oval Office that week?"

I learned that when somebody else is buying you dinner, you order the least expensive thing on the menu. When someone else is paying for the plane ticket, you fly economy class... It would be so fcuking refreshing to have a President who doesn't view the Secret Service as a travel agency and shows a little concern for the people paying the bills.

He spent the better part of his first year in office flying all over the world and kissing the asses of lesser foreign powers who his supporters have wet dreams about... If he planned on spending the rest of his term harping about how people need to "sacrifice more", in the form of higher taxes, He should have locked himself in his fcuking office and set an example of self sacrifice rather than one of conspicuous consumption.

^^ True dat. Presidents such as FDR knew the value of public perception and understood the ramifications, however we do live in a world where information is instantaneous as opposed to being able to have more control of the flow of information.

And, lets face it... Once he is aware of the costs involved in his travel, and how some may be abusing that opportunity, any person with any level of tact would ask ,"how important is it that I take this particular trip? Or would the American people be better served by me staying at the Oval Office that week?"

Har har - which part of you thought that the federal government, especially BHO, has ANY care about expenses? It's easy to spend other people's money if you're not held accountable for it.

Har har - which part of you thought that the federal government, especially BHO, has ANY care about expenses? It's easy to spend other people's money if you're not held accountable for it.

But I think thats the point Im trying to make.... It didnt always used to be like this. In fact, I would make the case that its only been in the last 20-30 years that its REALLY GOTTEN THIS WAY...

Wouldn't it be REFRESHING to have a Chief Executive who at least ACTED like he gave a shit where the money was coming from?

I mean, we have a COMPLETE Disconnect between Revenue and Spending in Washington. They spend like the money will magically appear, and when it doesnt they blame the people for not giving them enough. Add to that, the extra they want the people to give, wouldnt bring the budget in line either. The fact is, they could take EVERY SINGLE PENNY, FROM EVERY SINGLE PERSON making over $250,000 a year, and it wouldnt come close to closing the budget deficit. It would fund the government for a few weeks. And thats assuming they didnt cram through billions more in NEW spending... Which is what they do when they get their hands on cash.

Theyre like a compulsive gambler who owes the loan shark a million bucks, and who wants you to borrow a hundred thousand bucks Against your home to help them pay it off.... WHY BOTHER? It wont square their debt. And even if it did, they'll just be back asking for more next week because thats what they are.

Wouldn't it be REFRESHING REVOLUTIONARY to have a Chief Executive who at least ACTED like he gave a shit where the money was coming from?

It'll happen only when we're crushed by the weight of our own debt. Like any bubble. With a system that's addicted to borrowing 40 cents of every dollar it spends, there is no other "orderly" recourse. Like you, I used to be upset about this shit, but then I reached transcendence. There is zero I can do about it. We're all along for the ride, might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Sooner or later the faucet will run dry, and then it'll be interesting. That's when I load up the H1 with water/ammo/diesel and head for the hills! :eusa_dance: