1200 whp on PUMP GAS Underground Racing TT LP 570

This was accomplished without any ice and on a semi cooled down pass. This was also on 93 octane with NO adders like water/meth. This same car ran the 3.9 60-130 at aprox 1150 whp. More details coming soon. :icon_mrgreen:

* CodyPumpGasDyno-SAE.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to get my mind around this. It's truly impressive. Congratulations!

Everyone will (rightly) say "Anything can run at a million psi for 5 minutes. Try it for 10,000+ miles and then lets talk".

But progress comes in steps, and this is clearly a big step. Congrats to all involved.

Wow, that is incredible! I've been following these killer turbo Lambo builds for some time quietly and have always been intrigued by how the envelope continues to be pushed further by the companies involved with them. UR certainly has a big presence as such! This is just too much to not comment on.

Would it be possible to explain some things about your systems operations? I was reading in the thread of the new Heffner LP system that they utilize the factory direct injection fuel system and ECU's to control their bolt on TT system. I have a small amount of familiarity with this type of fuel system and after hearing their explanation of why it's important to use, I would only assume that making THAT MUCH power on pump 93 that the key is to utilize this impressive technology.

Does Heffner do it the same way UR does then, or do you have other means of fuel control on the vehicle?

I know I've read of UR using Motec almost exclusively for their big power builds, so I didn't know if you guys are taking control away from the factory ignition system and likes on the earlier Gallardo models? Full knock monitoring and control I would assume as well?

I understand some of this may be proprietary information, but surely there are other potential TT LP customers such as myself that are curious as to the specifics of how such ludicrous power is achievable, above and beyond the normal levels seen on pump 93! I would think it would help the minds of those like me that enjoy being educated about their vehicles rather than just paying the bill and being none the wiser.

Thanks so much for your response!

BF570

Wow, that is incredible! I've been following these killer turbo Lambo builds for some time quietly and have always been intrigued by how the envelope continues to be pushed further by the companies involved with them. UR certainly has a big presence as such! This is just too much to not comment on.

Thank you.

Would it be possible to explain some things about your systems operations? I was reading in the thread of the new Heffner LP system that they utilize the factory direct injection fuel system and ECU's to control their bolt on TT system. I have a small amount of familiarity with this type of fuel system and after hearing their explanation of why it's important to use, I would only assume that making THAT MUCH power on pump 93 that the key is to utilize this impressive technology.

We have a couple of different ways to do this. This is depending on the build. One is, letting the factory ECU control the full tune without help from an aftermarket ECU such as Motec. I saw this mentioned in the post you made reference to. This is nothing new to us. The problem is, there is a limitation once you get up in the bigger power levels with letting the factory ECU handle the more powerful builds.

Does Heffner do it the same way UR does then, or do you have other means of fuel control on the vehicle?

I'm not sure the way Jason does his bigger builds. I haven't heard of any that he has done, 560/570. Again, from what I read, there is nothing new there on how they are doing the bolts on's. Its not a big deal to flash a stock ECU. Its far cheaper to do it that way.

I know I've read of UR using Motec almost exclusively for their big power builds, so I didn't know if you guys are taking control away from the factory ignition system and likes on the earlier Gallardo models? Full knock monitoring and control I would assume as well?
Yes, depending on the build, we use knock control with some of the Motec setups. Its also far more advanced than the stock knock control. Motec knock control is setup for what we are doing, boosting engines. The factory knock sensors/control is in no way setup the same, frequency wise. The factory knock control is setup for a NA engine and will not see or react to all knock frequencies.

I understand some of this may be proprietary information, but surely there are other potential TT LP customers such as myself that are curious as to the specifics of how such ludicrous power is achievable, above and beyond the normal levels seen on pump 93! I would think it would help the minds of those like me that enjoy being educated about their vehicles rather than just paying the bill and being none the wiser.

We have done more 560/570 builds that all tuners combined and there is a reason for that. We have learned a great deal in racing these Gallardo flat forms that no other tuners are learning because they simply don't compete with their cars. All that we learn in racing we apply to our street cars (power, performance and reliability). We prove our work over and over as the videos and performance stats don't lie. We also offer a warranty that is FAR superior to our competitors.

Before you pick your tuner, I would advise that you reach out to some of the owners of the different builds and get first hand information about how their build process went and how they feel about the performance of their TT Gallardos/R8's.

TechShopShot-2012_1000b.jpg

Everyone will (rightly) say "Anything can run at a million psi for 5 minutes. Try it for 10,000+ miles and then lets talk".

But progress comes in steps, and this is clearly a big step. Congrats to all involved.

Until then, I will warranty it. How does that sound? That means, if they follow our procedure and there is a failure in the engine, we will cover it at NO charge. That is a Stage 3 build with Race heads.

1200 whp on pump gas, geezus, thats nuts. I remember my yellow TTG had 1100rwhp on race gas, and that was much more than I needed!

Until then, I will warranty it. How does that sound? That means, if they follow our procedure and there is a failure in the engine, we will cover it at NO charge. That is a Stage 3 build with Race heads.

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

Nice Kevin, can't get much better than that.

Yes, depending on the build, we use knock control with some of the Motec setups. Its also far more advanced than the stock knock control. Motec knock control is setup for what we are doing, boosting engines. The factory knock sensors/control is in no way setup the same, frequency wise. The factory knock control is setup for a NA engine and will not see or react to all knock frequencies.

I'm having a little bit of trouble with this distinction that you're making between naturally aspirated knock frequencies and forced induction knock frequencies. Could you please provide the forum with some more technical information? Perhaps any engineering articles you've come across outlining the differences in knock frequencies under these different cylinder pressures?

We have a couple of different ways to do this. This is depending on the build. One is, letting the factory ECU control the full tune without help from an aftermarket ECU such as Motec. I saw this mentioned in the post you made reference to. This is nothing new to us. The problem is, there is a limitation once you get up in the bigger power levels with letting the factory ECU handle the more powerful builds.

What's the limitation?

I'm not sure the way Jason does his bigger builds. I haven't heard of any that he has done, 560/570. Again, from what I read, there is nothing new there on how they are doing the bolts on's. Its not a big deal to flash a stock ECU. Its far cheaper to do it that way.

So you're saying that a Motec is better because it's more expensive? Do you control DFI with the Motec or run an additional set of injectors with your 560s/570s? If you run the additional set of injectors with the DFI engines, do you open up the ports in the head?

So you raise the sensitivity to avoid false signals with engine noise? I was under the assumption that all knock sensors read the same 0-5 volts. Can you elaborate a bit more about this?

Any pics of the porting? Do you guys upgrade the valvetrain as well? Any cam upgrades? What do your race heads consist of?

Also, since it's not on the dyno sheet, what's the approximate torque level on this setup?

What's the limitation?

So you're saying that a Motec is better because it's more expensive? Do you control DFI with the Motec or run an additional set of injectors with your 560s/570s? If you run the additional set of injectors with the DFI engines, do you open up the ports in the head?

So you raise the sensitivity to avoid false signals with engine noise? I was under the assumption that all knock sensors read the same 0-5 volts. Can you elaborate a bit more about this?

Any pics of the porting? Do you guys upgrade the valvetrain as well? Any cam upgrades? What do your race heads consist of?

Also, since it's not on the dyno sheet, what's the approximate torque level on this setup?

I'm sorry, but my answers have to be limited on tuning and what we do to our cylinder heads and other components. I'm sure you understand why.

As far as the TQ, the times we have tested from what I recall, the TQ was about 15-20% less then the peak power. I will get some TQ readings next time we dyno a big power car.

1200 whp on pump gas...got to be some sort of all time record for pump gas, no?

Congrats!! :icon_thumleft:

Not of all cars.

also looking at the graph, I assume its doing a boost by speed ramp up? graph just keeps climbing to the sky! :)

Not of all cars.

What car has recorded higher on pump? And what did it make?

BAD ASS Power and performance guys!

Having multiple big power UGR Lambo builds now I have to say these cars are dialed in! My wife as copilot is quite desensitized to speed and high hp cars :eek3dance: :eek3dance: but when I got my first Gallardo back with the UGR Stage 3 set up and took her for a ride she was like "holy *^% this thing is bad ass"

this from a girl who fell asleep in the passenger seat doing 200 mph pulls at Car & Driver HAHA

Bottom line is Kevin stands behind his work and every build I have got from him to date has been perfect.. (working on build #6 :D)