Underground Racing TT AVENTADOR !

Any videos of it using 1500hp on a turn? ;)

I do wonder what benefit the lap time sees. You'd probably only be able to use the power on long straights, and in the cases that you do see a huge speed difference, you'd also have to use your brakes that much harder, which could potentially make you slower.

i would think 600whp is plenty for a road course, unless your driving a pure bread race car from the ground up.

now a straight mile or 1/4 mile is a different story.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bragging rights and pride felt from having spent $$$$$$ to get 16393476374hp on your $$$$$$ car sometimes vastly overweighs the actual usability you get from the upgrade. A lot of these guys also enjoy the process of the build, the anticipation, the excitement more than the final product... once final product is ready, the excitement gone and the woody limpy, it almost always goes back for yet another upgrade...

Nice video, Kevin, enjoyed watching it.

Any videos of it using 1500hp on a turn? ;)

I do wonder what benefit the lap time sees. You'd probably only be able to use the power on long straights, and in the cases that you do see a huge speed difference, you'd also have to use your brakes that much harder, which could potentially make you slower in the end due to the wear on the brakes. I think having to be so careful with the throttle would just be more of a hassle than a benefit. Would be much easier to overdo it.

Anyone else ever take their TTG out on a track? How did it hold up and was it better or worse than a lower hp car?

That is what's known as "moving the goalposts." :) First you'd never heard of them being used on road courses, and now it's "you can't use 1,500 hp in a turn." Of course that is true. It's also true that most race cars can't use all of their power (or 100% throttle) in a turn. Now I'm not saying that a UR Race version is the best choice for a road course, but I am saying that these TT cars are a lot more capable and versatile than people think. I had a TT Viper, and to get any useable traction in that car you basically had to turn it into a straight line only vehicle, and a floaty one at that. These cars, with the AWD and Toyos, retain their cornering capabilities and hook a lot better than most people can imagine. I do think a brake upgrade would be necessary for most of the cars for heavy track use, assuming a very capable driver, with the possible exception of the cars with CCB's. But remember that you don't have to run 1,500 or 1,200 or whatever hp all the time. I run my stage 3 at around 750-800 whp on very tight mountain roads, and other than having to be more "aware" and gentle with the throttle, it drives like stock. But that's a very small tradeoff to make for being able to make 1k whp on pump gas on the highway, at least IMO.

Let's put it this way. Time attack cars used to run 550 whp -600 whp because people said they couldn't hook more on corner exit. Now with the aero packages they have now, and more mechanical traction, 900-1000 whp is typical for those with heavier cars. Even the lightweight Evos need around 850 whp to be ultra competitive. These cars don't run on slicks, either. These cars don't use all the boost all the time. It helps peel off chunks of the straightline time, though.

I see no reason why a scramble boost button for the straights and a lower boost setting for the rest of the course can't be used. Or preprogrammed boost points if the car can know where it is on track

For those of you who think power has anything to do with how fast you can go thru a turn shows how clueless you are when it comes to this type of racing.

Contrary to popular belief...the gas pedal is NOT an on/off switch.

A *properly* driven 1500whp car will be faster than a *properly* driven 750whp car around any track. You don't HAVE to use all that extra power. Save it for the straights.

That is what's known as "moving the goalposts." :) First you'd never heard of them being used on road courses, and now it's "you can't use 1,500 hp in a turn." Of course that is true. It's also true that most race cars can't use all of their power (or 100% throttle) in a turn. Now I'm not saying that a UR Race version is the best choice for a road course, but I am saying that these TT cars are a lot more capable and versatile than people think. I had a TT Viper, and to get any useable traction in that car you basically had to turn it into a straight line only vehicle, and a floaty one at that. These cars, with the AWD and Toyos, retain their cornering capabilities and hook a lot better than most people can imagine. I do think a brake upgrade would be necessary for most of the cars for heavy track use, assuming a very capable driver, with the possible exception of the cars with CCB's. But remember that you don't have to run 1,500 or 1,200 or whatever hp all the time. I run my stage 3 at around 750-800 whp on very tight mountain roads, and other than having to be more "aware" and gentle with the throttle, it drives like stock. But that's a very small tradeoff to make for being able to make 1k whp on pump gas on the highway, at least IMO.

Well yeah, but obviously I was talking about the merits outside of the straights. True, no car uses all its power at every turn, but I would think that you have to be significantly more precise with 1500hp than 700hp. Maybe someone who has driven cars of such different power levels can chime in with how the difficultly compares.

I was merely saying though that the driving experience would probably feeling absolutely nothing like the stock car in a track setting where you are always pushing hard. I'd think you'd have to drive the car in a completely different way. It's true you don't have to run 1500 hp all the time, but that's what I was talking about -- max power of whatever kit you bought.

Do these cars have the ability to change the what kind of boost you can get on the fly? Can I go from 800hp to 1200hp in a TTG while I'm driving. or is that not typical of the setup for these cars?

No one buys these cars to track. Seriously I hate it when people always bring up track racing and balance whenever cars like these get big power bumps.

Do these cars have the ability to change the what kind of boost you can get on the fly? Can I go from 800hp to 1200hp in a TTG while I'm driving?

In a heartbeat. And if leaning over to hit the button on the boost controller in the glovebox takes too long for you they make a wireless button you can velcro to the steering wheel if you like. :icon_mrgreen:

In a heartbeat. And if leaning over to hit the button on the boost controller in the glovebox takes too long for you they make a wireless button you can velcro to the steering wheel if you like. :icon_mrgreen:

Does the range vary based on your build? I mean obviously you can only get so much hp out of a given lower rated package, but is the power delivery or response significantly different when running at 800whp on a 1000whp package vs. running at 800whp on a 1500whp package?

Perhaps these questions are better directed at Kevin. Not that it really matters, but just curious.

Does the range vary based on your build? I mean obviously you can only get so much hp out of a given lower rated package, but is the power delivery or response significantly different when running at 800whp on a 1000whp package vs. running at 800whp on a 1500whp package?

Perhaps these questions are better directed at Kevin. Not that it really matters, but just curious.

Kevin probably would be a better person to answer from a technical standpoint, but I don't notice any difference in the power delivery or throttle response other than it delivers a lot more of it at higher boost levels.

that's way too logical for most to believe you. ;)

Hey Kevin,

quick favor, could you post the Pbox time for the 0-60 on here. a few people are questioning it. It looks legit to me. Just want to shut some peeps up.

How does a thread about a new product (Which has been in development and anticipated by many for quite some time) being released turn into a "these cars can't go on a road course" thread? Lots of keyboard racers coming out of the woodwork. If somebody told UGR "Hey Kevin, I want a turbo Lambo that can kick ass on a road course" , don't you think he would be able to make it?

UGR holds all acceleration records for Lambos in the world. 1/4 mile, 60-130, mile, roll ons etc etc etc. That is and has been their main focus thus far. They continue to push the envelope and will do so with new platforms that come out. Seriously, I don't get the hate and animosity.

Hey Kevin,

quick favor, could you post the Pbox time for the 0-60 on here. a few people are questioning it. It looks legit to me. Just want to shut some peeps up.

0-60, 60-130 and 1/4 mile info will be posted soon, with some video, when we finish all our testing. :icon_mrgreen:

Hey Kevin,

Don't even bother. I'm sure the same people will just as soon find some metric at a certain altitude with a certain shoe with a certain humidity that they will want to see the Aventador tested under.

0-60, 60-130 and 1/4 mile info will be posted soon, with some video, when we finish all our testing. :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_super:

Thanks Kevin!

Cant wait !

• 2 weeks later...

Still testing?

It shouldn't be, with the Aventador, I would spare no expense to build it right. I would like to see it with better connecting rods, even without turbo's. With a built engine, you get a 2 year warranty as well. One ride and its GAME OVER! :icon_mrgreen: Be warned, once you experience an Aventador with boost, one without will never satisfy you again.

EXACTLY what I said after doing TT#1 Gallardo.

It shouldn't be, with the Aventador, I would spare no expense to build it right. I would like to see it with better connecting rods, even without turbo's. With a built engine, you get a 2 year warranty as well. One ride and its GAME OVER! :icon_mrgreen: Be warned, once you experience an Aventador with boost, one without will never satisfy you again.