Anyone finally getting out and riding this season?

Kerplop

I've been an insane amount of depressed lately. I don't know why. Somewhere in-between burned out and down in the dumps. Tired... sapped... completely drained. I finally got my Ducati up for the season. The race motor for my track project is still at the machine shop (at least, the top end, back end came back) and I'm not sure if I'm going to make my goal I set for timeline on it, we'll see.

But I FINALLY got out and went down my favorite mountain pass on a nice relaxing ride. Nothing crazy, just found a reason to go out and ride. It's amazing what a nice day, nice weather and a relaxing ride in the middle of nowhere with no traffic and nothing for miles can do for your sanity.

Not the kind of road you want to go balls out on, there's bits of downed trees, parts of rocks and bits of fallen boulder off the sides of the shoulder, bark dust in corners, gravel, cattleguards, cattle, wildlife, list goes on. But to take it easy and enjoy the scenery you can still have fun, enjoy the twisties and the scenery. One of my favorite roads in Oregon, it's beautiful. You can park on any part of the trail and enjoy the woods. At the top of the saddle is an overlook where you can see the entire forest all the way down for miles. It's absolutely stunning. If there is one thing I love about this small town and small community, it's the roads. Twist throttle, engage grin, enjoy the next corner, look around, enjoy scenery, twist throttle, rinse, repeat.

Anyone else get out there this season? I know we've got plenty of riders on here. Would love to see some other riding videos. Who had the entirely carbon fiber crazy bike that I saw on here earlier? I can't even remember which thread it was, would love to see that thing in action. I was drooling over that thread.

SOMEONE, ANYONE? BIKES? BIKES?

BUELER? BUELER? (or even Buells? :lol2:)

167e3ab.jpg

Looks good! We've just come into winter in Australia so I've had to reduce the amount of riding I get to do and it's freezing! The bike always clears the head if you're feeling down too!

Here's a little story about motorcycles.....

When I was 16 I wanted a bike. I worked that summer and through the year after school. The following summer I turned 17 and had enough to buy one.

I went to the local Harley dealer and bought a used bike, it was BEAUTIFUL. I got on it rode home and went to show my parents.

My mom and dad came outside to see it. My mom looked at it and said "Wow, that's a pretty motorcycle, where will you be living now?"

I sold it 3 days later

When I was 16 I wanted a bike. I worked that summer and through the year after school. The following summer I turned 17 and had enough to buy one.

I went to the local Harley dealer and bought a used bike, it was BEAUTIFUL. I got on it rode home and went to show my parents.

My mom and dad came outside to see it. My mom looked at it and said "Wow, that's a pretty motorcycle, where will you be living now?"

I sold it 3 days later

Man that sucks. :(

My parents pretty much told me the same thing. So I bought my first bike when I was 18 and on my own so they couldn't pull that on me. I've been riding for almost 10 years and I'm happy I do.

No motorcycles here, but I've been logging many hundreds of kms on my road bicycle and lots of hours mountain biking. Gotta love summer...

No motorcycles here, but I've been logging many hundreds of kms on my road bicycle and lots of hours mountain biking. Gotta love summer...

me too, but the summer is brutal with tons of humidity. Just something to live with.

me too, but the summer is brutal with tons of humidity. Just something to live with.

Yup. Did about 70ish miles yday...alone...brutal. First 60 were pretty smooth, but the last 10 just killed me. It was hot...beautiful day though. Going for a 2 hour mtb ride today with a buddy of mine...should be another great day!

Yup. Did about 70ish miles yday...alone...brutal. First 60 were pretty smooth, but the last 10 just killed me. It was hot...beautiful day though. Going for a 2 hour mtb ride today with a buddy of mine...should be another great day!

Pedaled 70 miles? That's dedication.

You guys must be in good shape. Sounds like I need to get a pedal bike for exercise haha

Two bikes here.

1977 CB 750F

1986 GSXR 750

havent ridden a mile yet :(

the CB is at the beginning of a ground up rest, and the GSXR is a recent purchase and i haven't even picked it up yet. hopefully i'll be logging some miles soon.

Since I sold my 636 and bought a XS650 bobber I have not ridden much at all. It sucks but that bike really isnt for highway riding. And thats what I like to do. I kind of want a Street Glide for my next bike, and eventually build it into a Crotch rocket killer.

I 've been riding for like 15 years and currently have 2 bikes (a '06 and '11 R1).

The '11 is being borrowed by a friend, and the '06 is sitting outside waiting on parts.

Outside of the fun riding, I do a lot of commuting on the bike too, since getting around is far easier with so much traffic to deal with here in Los Angeles.

The '06 looking ever so sad:

r1notmoving.jpg

I 've been riding for like 15 years and currently have 2 bikes (a '06 and '11 R1).

The '11 is being borrowed by a friend, and the '06 is sitting outside waiting on parts.

Outside of the fun riding, I do a lot of commuting on the bike too, since getting around is far easier with so much traffic to deal with here in Los Angeles.

How do you like the R1?

I like these a lot...

post-1098-1340080961.jpg

[quote name='Kerplop' date='Jun 16 2012, 12:34 AM' post='957664'

SOMEONE, ANYONE? BIKES? BIKES?

BUELER? BUELER? (or even Buells? :lol2:)

Just noticed this....

:lol2:

How do you like the R1?

I like these a lot...

I've been a lover of the R1 since the 2004 model. The chief reason being the styling. Nothing (as far as sportbikes are concerned) has really looked as good to me since. Hell, with any of the liter bikes on the market, we are getting far more bike than we really need, so for me the decision on purchase comes down to styling. The only bike that has finally pulled my eye from the R1 is the new Ducati Panigale. I love the styling and tech of that bike, but am not a fan of the color red. Once they introduce more colors to the line, I may have to get one.

This is a shot of my old '04:

R1.jpg

Zmydust, that's a good looking RR.

Thank you sir! It's been a blast and I've logged around 8600 miles so far this year ( miles add up quickly at the speeds this thing begs you to ride at)

I sold it 3 days later

I made a decision a few years ago that I would never own a motorcycle as long as I lived in the US. Motorists just do not have the proper training or attentiveness of European drivers. I just can see too many things going wrong (even over there) that makes me just not want one. I would much rather live longer and drive a Lamborghini than be in my 20s doing 200+ (which I know I would do if I had a bike).

I still kinda want one sometimes, though. Bang for buck it's definitely a thrill you can't easily get in a car.

Sold my XS650 bobber last night. Now I am officially toyless. Already thinking about the next bike. Thinking about a Honda Interceptor.

I made a decision a few years ago that I would never own a motorcycle as long as I lived in the US. Motorists just do not have the proper training or attentiveness of European drivers. I just can see too many things going wrong (even over there) that makes me just not want one. I would much rather live longer and drive a Lamborghini than be in my 20s doing 200+ (which I know I would do if I had a bike).

I still kinda want one sometimes, though. Bang for buck it's definitely a thrill you can't easily get in a car.

I think that really depends on where you live and where you decide to ride. I try to stay out of town and off the freeway. I much prefer backroads full of twisties. There is plenty of that here in Oregon. I've rode almost 10 years wreck free thus far. But yes, people are stupid.