12 die at Batman Movie :(

SV-N-IT

:iamwithstupid:

Hes back on his psych meds....

Speaking of which, reports were that he lived a fairly normal life. He wasn't a known weirdo or recluse, but then his Mom said she figured he was involved when questioned. I want to know what she knew.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, reports were that he lived a fairly normal life. He wasn't a known weirdo or recluse, but then his Mom said she figured he was involved when questioned. I want to know what she knew.

:iamwithstupid: i think shes pretty screwed up as well.

News Update.....

Theater massacre suspect appears in Colorado courtroom

By NBC News staff

Updated at 12:24 p.m. ET: James Eagan Holmes appeared in court for the first time Monday after he was arrested last week in the deaths of 12 people in a mass shooting at a sold-out movie theater in Aurora, Colo.

The hearing was held to advise Holmes, 24, of his rights. Official charges aren't filed at a so-called "advisement" hearing; under Colorado law, prosecutors will now have 72 hours to file charges, but in especially complicated cases, judges have the leeway to give them more time.

Arapahoe County District Judge William Sylvester told Holmes he was accused of having killed 12 people and wounded 58 others early Friday in a crowded theater was showing the premiere of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises."

Sylvester set a hearing on formal charges for next Monday at 9:30 a.m. (11:30 a.m. ET). Holmes, wearing a red prison jump suit, said nothing during the hearing. He mostly looked down at the table under a shock of dyed bright red hair and occasionally raised his eyebrows in a quizzical expression.

Afterward, he was led away in handcuffs to his cell, where he is being held in isolation, said Carol Chambers, district attorney for the 18th Judicial District, which includes Arapahoe County.

Asked about the seemingly overwhelming evidence that investigators had amassed against Holmes, Chambers cautioned that "there is no such thing as a slam-dunk case."

"We will work very hard on this case just as we would on any other case," she told reporters after the hearing.

Chambers wouldn't say whether prosecutors intended to seek the death penalty. A death penalty case would "impact the victims' families for years, we would want to get their input on that," she said.

Chambers is term-limited, which means that decision would be made by Chambers' successor, Republican George Brauchler or Democrat Ethan Feldman, one of whom voters will elect in November.

"A case like this involves so many different aspects — (prosecutors will) be working with the police, dealing with things such as search warrants, locations, is there enough evidence to proceed," James Peters, a former Arapahoe County prosecutor, told KUSA.

"On a case like this, you're going to, in the back of your mind, start thinking of the death penalty and factors that might be taken into account in either seeking the death penalty or defenses that might exist to prevent that from happening," said Peters, who prosecuted the case of a man who killed killed four people at an Aurora restaurant in 1993.

If Holmes pleads not guilty by reason of insanity, or if his attorneys argue that he is incompetent to stand trial, proceedings could stretch out for months or years — even indefinitely.

Will James Eagan Holmes ever face trial?

If Holmes' lawyers believe he isn't competent, they have "an absolute duty to raise competency and [request] a competency evaluation," said Scott H. Robinson, a prominent Denver criminal defense attorney.

A defendant is considered incompetent if he's unable to understand the charges against him or to assist in his own defense. Legal proceedings must stop until the defendant is restored to competency.

"Only down the road do we consider the question of 'not guilty by reason of insanity,''' Robinson told NBC station KUSA of Denver.

If Holmes were to plead not guilty by reason of insanity, or if his attorneys were to argue that he is incompetent to stand trial, proceedings could stretch for months or years — even indefinitely.

A defendant is considered incompetent if he's unable to understand the charges against him or to assist in his own defense. Legal proceedings must stop until the defendant is restored to competency.

Batman mask found

When Holmes was arrested early Friday, he told police he was the Joker. A law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Sunday that investigators had found a Batman mask inside Holmes' apartment.

Investigators found the mask after they finished clearing the home of booby traps and ammunition, a law enforcement official close to the investigation said on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak to the news media.

Holmes has been held without bond at the lockup in Centennial, Colo., about 13 miles from the Aurora theater. He will be advised of the charges against him, and he could also face additional counts of aggravated assault and weapons violations.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said that it could take months to determine a motive and that police were working with FBI behavioral analysts.

On Sunday, President Barack Obama traveled to Aurora, a Denver suburb of 325,000, to offer comfort to families of the victims. He told them their loved ones would be remembered long after the justice system was done with the killer.

The dead included war veterans, an aspiring sportscaster who had barely escaped a shooting in a Toronto mall earlier this summer, and a 6-year-old girl.

Many in Aurora have vowed to deny Holmes the publicity they believe he craves by not uttering his name.

Aurora pastor: 'The storms of life happen to all of us'

"I refuse to say his name. In my house we're just going to call him Suspect A," Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said at a memorial on the steps of the Aurora municipal center Sunday night. He captured a spirit of defiance voiced by residents as well as religious and political leaders.

Grad school status used to get hazardous materials?

On Sunday, officials at the University of Colorado-Denver Anschutz Medical Campus were looking into whether Holmes used his position in a graduate program to collect hazardous materials, but school officials weren't saying whether they knew he was anything more than a hard-working student.

Police have said that Holmes began buying guns at Denver-area stores nearly two months before Friday's shooting and that he received at least 50 packages in four months at his home and at school.

Six-year-old girl, sailor, aspiring broadcaster among Colorado shooting victims

The university said it was cooperating with police in the case — one of the few comments it has made in the three days since the massacre. It remained unclear whether Holmes' professors and other students at his 35-student Ph.D. program noticed anything unusual about his behavior.

His reasons for quitting the program in June, just a year into the five- to seven-year program, also remained a mystery.

Holmes recently took an intense, three-part oral exam that marks the end of the first year. Those who do well continue with their studies and shift to full-time research, while those who don't do well meet with advisers and discuss their options, including retaking the exam. University officials wouldn't say whether he passed, citing privacy concerns.

The university said Holmes gave no reason for withdrawing, a decision he made in June.

Holmes wasn't allowed access from the institution after his withdrawal, which was "standard operating procedure" because he was no longer affiliated with the school, said Jacque Montgomery, a spokeswoman for the medical school. Holmes had no contact with university police, she said.

M. Alex Johnson of NBC News, NBC station KUSA of Denver, The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

Anybody just see him in the court room? Do you think he was purposely acting like he was out of it?

don't think he cares either way, probably bored.

james-holmes-ap-court.jpg

don't think he cares either way, probably bored.

james-holmes-ap-court.jpg

that pic makes me want to knock the shit out of him. he deserves to die slowly

I have a really weird theory.... I think he wants to become a death row stud... Scott Peterson gets a ridiculous amount of fan letters from women.... Lyle Menendez got married in prison.... The nightstalker has women fighting over him online...

I think this kid is a socially inept loser. Maybe a virgin. And this is his best shot at getting laid.

I have a really weird theory.... I think he wants to become a death row stud... Scott Peterson gets a ridiculous amount of fan letters from women.... Lyle Menendez got married in prison.... The nightstalker has women fighting over him online...

I think this kid is a socially inept loser. Maybe a virgin. And this is his best shot at getting laid.

he'll be getting laid, just not the way he thought

The guy should burn in hell. I think the school should be out of football all together. Everyone involved in the cover up should be tried as an abuser themselves.

I also find it interesting, being raised catholic (but being a free thinker), that no one thinks the church should be shut down over their many, many offenders and other people in the org involved in the cover up.

The guy should burn in hell. I think the school should be out of football all together. Everyone involved in the cover up should be tried as an abuser themselves.

I also find it interesting, being raised catholic (but being a free thinker), that no one thinks the church should be shut down over their many, many offenders and other people in the org involved in the cover up.

I think youre in the wrong thread?

This fcuking guy almost got away!!!! The cops saw him all geared up... Thought he was a fcuking SWAT GUY and almost let him walk away....

One of the cops who saw his realized something didnt seem right, and stopped him, and found out he was their suspect....

He pulled an "OCEANS 11" and almost got away with it!!!!

Combine that with the booby trapped apartment... That had it worked, would have taken them DAYS to figure out his charred body wasnt in the rubble.... And Im thinking this fucker was going on a trip...

Everybody is assuming that the FIRE was supposed to be a distraction for the shooting...

I think the SHOOTING was the distraction for the FIRE!!!

I think the fucker was going to disappear....

+1

This fcuking guy almost got away!!!! The cops saw him all geared up... Thought he was a fcuking SWAT GUY and almost let him walk away....

One of the cops who saw his realized something didnt seem right, and stopped him, and found out he was their suspect....

Combine that with the booby trapped apartment... That had it worked, would have taken them DAYS to figure out his charred body wasnt in the rubble.... And Im thinking this fucker was going on a trip...

Everybody is assuming that the FIRE was supposed to be a distraction for the shooting...

yep, this could have been even worse if he was no where to be found. i do think his plan was to take a trip.

Flies in the face of the dating websites and death stud theory though. Maybe get away to commit further actions maybe in another nearby pre-scouted location that night but not escape away to dust.

Flies in the face of the dating websites and death stud theory though. Maybe get away to commit further actions maybe in another nearby pre-scouted location that night but not escape away to dust.

With the amount of planning that he put into this,I wouldn't put this past him. He was working on his own schedule with plenty of supplies to do whatever he wanted. Thank god we didn't find out if this other possible part was a reality.

Took this from TMZ

James Holmes' family stands by their son -- this according to the family's lawyer.

The lawyer spoke moments ago during a new conference in San Diego -- and when asked if James' family supports him, the lawyer replied, "Yes, they do. He's their son."

The Holmes' family lawyer addressed the media to clarify a recent ABC report, in which James' mother Arlene allegedly identified her son as the mass murderer, saying, "You have the right person."

The lawyer read a statement on Arlene's behalf -- claiming Arlene had replied "You have the right person" in reference to herself ... when the reporter asked if she was Arlene Holmes, mother of James Holmes.

Arlene's statement continues, "At this time, we will not be discussing James and his relationship to the family."

If this was my son, I would stand with the victims family not this disgusting soulless piece of shit! I don't care if it is your son or not, you are going to stand behind him and what, stand up for what he did, say his actions are okay, miss understood??? fcuk YOU!

If this was my son, I would stand with the victims family not this disgusting soulless piece of shit! I don't care if it is your son or not, you are going to stand behind him and what, stand up for what he did, say his actions are okay, miss understood??? fcuk YOU!

Please have a son and raise him and then get back to us on this.

Yeah,I have to agree with Assman on this one.

My son could do all the wrong in the world... I may be hurt..I may be angry,upset as my failure as a parent to raise him to know not to do awful things and all that goes along with it...but id still sit next to him in court with my arm around him if he had done something awful.

I would dump his ass faster then he knew what hit him. I was raised a certain way and this disgusting shit deserves absolutely zero support.

I would dump his ass faster then he knew what hit him. I was raised a certain way and this disgusting shit deserves absolutely zero support.

Sorry but I'm with you on this one, I know my parents wouldn't even acknowledge I was their kid at this point.

Sorry but I'm with you on this one, I know my parents wouldn't even acknowledge I was their kid at this point.

I take it neither of you have children? I cannot say what I would do if my son turned out like that. It would be the worst thing that I could imagine. Anyone who has a kid couldn't possible know what they would do or how they would react. I would definitely feel responsible.

I take it neither of you have children? I cannot say what I would do if my son turned out like that. It would be the worst thing that I could imagine. Anyone who has a kid couldn't possible know what they would do or how they would react. I would definitely feel responsible.

Quite obviously they don't have kids. I agree with you and Rob completely.

i don't watch television, but i have yet to see any photos from the newscasts that show this guy all geared up. i understand it wasn't one of those standoff deals where it took hours to give himself up though. did the cops take him away before the press could snap any photos of him?

Here's what happens to any of my children that do some off the wall shit:

Under_The_Bus_Sign-300.jpg

And my wife is even worse...

I do not have kids, and stating how I would act now vs how I would actually act then, who knows. All I can do is speculate that if I did have a family member that killed innocent people in cold blood how I would act and that goes for everyone here. You may say you'll stand by your Kid, (first lets stop calling the scum bag a kid, he is no kid, he is an adult) but when push comes to shove I think a lot of you would walk away and let him or her deal with their problems alone. He became a mass murder in the blink of an eye. He is no better then anyone else who kills for no reason, whether it be some thug gang member or a terrorist group killing hundreds, they are disgusting and deserve a slow pain full death, something much worse then what they put there victims through.