12 die at Batman Movie :(

SV-N-IT

I take it neither of you have children? I cannot say what I would do if my son turned out like that. It would be the worst thing that I could imagine. Anyone who has a kid couldn't possible know what they would do or how they would react. I would definitely feel responsible.

I have two Kids and if any of them went on a mass murder , I would sit right by their side and put a bullet in their fcuking ass.

sorry , we bring them into this world , give them guidance and if they turn to the dark side they must be dealt with.

you kill innocent people for no fcuking reason , you maybe be my kid by blood, but you are dead to me.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems this thread has descended into "you don't have xyz children, you will not understand" which again is one of the most pathetic puerile arguments in the world after "my dad could beat up your dad".

As a parent I say to all the other parents on this board the attitude that "I will support my child no matter what" is absolutely WRONG!!! If we are to live as "civilized" people in this world it demands a certain standard or code of behaviour. This standard transcends racial and economic boundaries. Some things are just not alright no matter who, when or where they occur. Murder, Rape, Robbery amoung others ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

I fully agree that as a parent you are obligated to defend and protect your child from reckless accusation of offense; however if it is shown that the child has in fact commited the act, or if you the parent KNOW the accusation to be true there can be no further support.

Anyone willing to support their children in violation of these standards is very much misguided.

Cap is right, it's a pointless debate. While it's fine for all of us to posture and pontificate, the mother-offspring bond is the strongest bond in all of nature. We're talking thousands of years of blueprinting that no amount of debating will affect. We see it all the time... mothers feeding their kids until they are morbidly obese, taking the blame for crimes, and yes standing by a mass murderers's side. You guys are MALES... the father's role is to protect; the mother's rule is to NUTURE. It's nesting.

Let's get this thread back on track.

JAMES HOLMES MASSACRE FIRST LAWSUIT

One of the victims in the James Holmes mass murder spree has lawyered up and plans to file a lawsuit ... because he feels the theater dropped the ball in a very fatal way.

Torrence Brown, Jr. was in Century 16 Theater when Holmes let loose. One of Brown's best friends, A.J. Boik, was shot in the chest and died. Brown, who was not physically injured, claims to now suffer from extreme trauma

Brown has hired attorney Donald Karpel to rep him. Karpel tells TMZ ... he is targeting 3 defendants.

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

2. Holmes' doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications -- prescribed by one or more doctors -- at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

#3 is bullshit and they know it, but in my opinion it's a factor of WB having the most money and they are hoping will be quick to cut a check.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like this is a get rich quick lawsuit - and it really pisses me off! :rant: Money should go to the victims who need assistance. The fact they are going after Warner Brothers is bullshit. He knowingly went to this movie that apparently had too much violence in it and probably the other two Batman movies as well as countless other movies with violence. What a crock of shit, can that part of the lawsuit be thrown out at all?

One of the victims in the James Holmes mass murder spree has lawyered up and plans to file a lawsuit ... because he feels the theater dropped the ball in a very fatal way.

Torrence Brown, Jr. was in Century 16 Theater when Holmes let loose. One of Brown's best friends, A.J. Boik, was shot in the chest and died. Brown, who was not physically injured, claims to now suffer from extreme trauma

Brown has hired attorney Donald Karpel to rep him. Karpel tells TMZ ... he is targeting 3 defendants.

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

2. Holmes' doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications -- prescribed by one or more doctors -- at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

#3 wont make it out of the gate...

#1 is a DEAD BANG WINNER.... For everybody who was in the building when this was going down.

#3 wont make it out of the gate...

#1 is a DEAD BANG WINNER.... For everybody who was in the building when this was going down.

:iamwithstupid: i just hope the victims benefit from this.

#2 is bullshit too. Anyone who thinks that it isn't is a turd themselves.

Agreed but did not know if that is an established practise lawsuit in 'merica.

#2 is bullshit too. Anyone who thinks that it isn't is a turd themselves.

Im mixed on this one..... Doctors have their hands tied by PIPA.... But that needs to change when it comes to the psychiatric cases.... Im all for people who are under the pharmaceutical treatment of a physician for any psychiatric disorder, whether it be depression or full blown schizophrenia, to not be able to purchase a firearm as easily as the rest of us.... And that's going to require the cooperation of physicians...

Im not saying they should be BARRED... or BANNED FOR LIFE... But theres room for improvement there...

Bottom line... STOP TREATING NORMAL PEOPLE LIKE CRIMINALS, and start focusing those resources on people who could use a second look.... And "needs psych meds" seems like a reasonable place to start.

Its coming out now that this guy was not all there for a really long time... The parents, and doctors SHOULD have been able to do something about it.

Agreed but did not know if that is an established practise lawsuit in 'merica.

In the US, if you have any ties to the plaintiff regardless of how remote, you're always potentially on the hook. It's not right but it is what it is.

Don't know if everyone remembers the tragic The Station nightclub fire in Rhode Island back in 2003 that killed 100 people after indoor pyrotechnics went wrong....check out these settlement figures:

"In February 2008, Providence television station WPRI-TV made an out-of-court settlement of US $30 million as a result of the claim that their video journalist was said to be obstructing escape and not helping people exit. WPRI-TV (owned by LIN Broadcasting) was filming a story on nightclub tragedies, and was there that night to film as part of their story.

In late March 2008, JBL Speakers settled out of court for $815,000. JBL was accused of using flammable foam inside their speakers. The company denied any wrongdoing.

Anheuser-Busch has offered $5 million, McLaughlin & Moran, Anheuser-Busch's distributor, has offered $16 million, Clear Channel Broadcasting has offered $22 million. Home Depot and insulation company Polar Industries has also made a settlement offer of $5 million.

Sealed Air Corporation agreed to pay $25 million as settlement. Sealed Air made soundproofing foam installed in the club. The State of Rhode Island and the town of West Warwick agreed to pay $10 million as settlement."

The band that set the fire only put up $1 million and the club owners $813,000.

US Taxpayers paid for the guns...lets give more nutjobs more money...NOT!..I wonder how much the Ted, the unibomber got...

USAToday, however, has released information on funds that the serial killer received and reports might surprise you. Mr. Holmes obtained a federal grant from the US government and University of Colorado, which paid Holmes $26,000 dollars a year. James was one of six students to receive this “reward”, which was granted to him last fall. Although grant money has not been tracked, the funding gave Holmes an estimated $500 a week.

The twenty-four year old was unemployed and resided in an 800 square foot apartment, leading many to question how else could have James Holmes afforded not only the guns but gear, explosives and ammunition?

First and foremost I am sorry for all the victims and their families, but as a business owner I knew this was coming for the theater itself. Not only are they losing business with the shut down of the place for investigations but the law suits to follow, they will not get through this and stay open. Even if they had a hugh insurance policy to pay out all the suits, because of 1 asswhole business there will never be the same.