Upgrading Widebody GTT

Lambofan35

FikseGTS...You are the DRAG guy so when ever you post a number, everyone needs to understand that you will beat 99% of other people in the exact same scenario, lol! I remember the owner went much slower than you when he drove it, haha. He seemed like a cool guy and hopefully we can get more GTT cars together often.

I do recall seeing bright white tail exhaust tips on the VI Spyder though, maybe that was left over from tuning or something.

i think i was at the track that day. i remember seeing the green and orange GTT's. did your car run the 1/4?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys have some nice cars at the drag strip. When I go to the one here it is all stripped out drag cars..... Let me know if you have one this summer and I will bring down the TT 570

You guys have some nice cars at the drag strip. When I go to the one here it is all stripped out drag cars..... Let me know if you have one this summer and I will bring down the TT 570

Awesome idea! I have plenty of room to keep your car in my shop/garage if you need a place when you come down. There is usually a lot of Drag events all year around but the summer has crazy weather so sometimes its hard to plan but I'll keep you updated.

I rolled off the line with a 2.7seconds 60ft on 2 passes last time I was at the strip in 90degree weather on 93 octane and 15psi boost by gear. I went 148mph and then 150mph with rev limiter tap.

I'm getting some good rubber R888 and then going to ask Drag coach Fikse for some driving lessons as I think he cut like a 1.8second 60ft rolling off the line before in an E-Gear car. Which should pick up some good MPH in the 1/4 mile.

I was running the McLaren (mid 10's) and new Viper (low 11's)....

i think i was at the track that day. i remember seeing the green and orange GTT's. did your car run the 1/4?

Awesome idea! I have plenty of room to keep your car in my shop/garage if you need a place when you come down. There is usually a lot of Drag events all year around but the summer has crazy weather so sometimes its hard to plan but I'll keep you updated.

I rolled off the line with a 2.7seconds 60ft on 2 passes last time I was at the strip in 90degree weather on 93 octane and 15psi boost by gear. I went 148mph and then 150mph with rev limiter tap.

I'm getting some good rubber R888 and then going to ask Drag coach Fikse for some driving lessons as I think he cut like a 1.8second 60ft rolling off the line before in an E-Gear car. Which should pick up some good MPH in the 1/4 mile.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Let me know.

I was running the McLaren (mid 10's) and new Viper (low 11's)....

New Viper worth a damn?

Viper looked good but from what I saw was a bit hard to launch well even with sticky tires.

It's been about 2 months since I ordered 2 rear custom HRE wheels and I'm starting to get inpatient :-(

All I need is for the south Florida Cain to stop and get these wheels on the car...

Yeah it is taking a while to get rims right now. I saw a new Viper this weekend and shit they are small. I couldn't even get in the thing. Made my 570 feel like a Tahoe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I finally got the wheels recently from HRE and I'm pretty happy with them!!

If you want 18 x 13 wide wheels on a Gallardo, you better go wide body or its not happening... :icon_mrgreen: There is literally a couple MM's between the inner spring and the wheel. These wheels have a really tight fitment but I'm glad it worked out on my car.

NOTE: The other wheel that looks smaller in the pictures is my other rear HRE wheel which is 20x12 with a 315/25/20 Michelin Sport Cup Track tire...it looks small, lol.

Honestly its hard to tell by the naked eye that one rear wheel is a 20" and the other is a 18" rear wheel because of the all black color on them.

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

photo__6_.jpg

IMG_3326_2.jpg

IMG_3328_2.jpg

IMG_3348_2.jpg

IMG_3367_2.jpg

IMG_3371_2.jpg

IMG_3368_2.jpg

Man that looks good !! :monkeyleft:

Meaty and aggressive

GREAT Job, Bad boy should hook up good !

Quit F'ing around and go out and get a 3.x 60-130 on pump.. :icon_mrgreen:

You know this man!!

I'm getting a new alignment for the 335/30/18 R888's and going to brake boost the crap out of it to try and get in the 3's with 93 octane...

Now that I've grown some balls, I may put some race gas in it too :eek3dance:

nice!!! race gas time! what flooring is that? lift goes on top with no problem? I'm getting ready to re-do my garage...

DEAR GOD! Those are WIDE. I love the center lock design too!

This was a loooong and expensive setup. It was converted to the single lug on the car before I got it but trying to get HRE to redesign 2 rear wheels to my custom offset specs and center lug again was a task itself. They had to re-engineer the CAD drawings and do charge for a whole set of wheels even though it was only for 2 wheels. Then finding the right tires for the 20" rears, 18" rears, 19" fronts. Lets just say I have a lot of tires in the garage, lol.

Man that looks good !! :monkeyleft:

Meaty and aggressive

GREAT Job, Bad boy should hook up good !

I'm thinking this is the best it can get for a street car. Heck this is what the Russians used on their 1800WHP UGR car that just got the Moscow mile record at 260mph+!!!

looks like a 20" (which is a good thing)!!

Thank you sir! That was the main idea. I have the 20"s and the 18"s so the next owner one day can pick and choose what they like :icon_thumleft:

nice!!! race gas time! what flooring is that? lift goes on top with no problem? I'm getting ready to re-do my garage...

Race gas for sure but I'll be limited on the street clutch to around 1250hp-1300hp definitely not the UGR TT setup. If there is a next clutch, it will be a 2000hp clutch.

Flooring is RaceDeck and works really great! The 4 post lift in this picture just goes on top and balances on the 4 points, no need to bolt it in or anything. I have the wheels for the lift if I need to move it too. The hardest part is wheeling the lift in the perfect place and then storing the wheels.

I have a 2 post lift in the other garage and I may redo that in RaceDeck flooring too. If I do, then I would leave the lift bolted to the ground and cut the flooring around it. You could do this for your 4 post lift but the flooring under it works fine too.

This was a loooong and expensive setup. It was converted to the single lug on the car before I got it but trying to get HRE to redesign 2 rear wheels to my custom offset specs and center lug again was a task itself. They had to re-engineer the CAD drawings and do charge for a whole set of wheels even though it was only for 2 wheels. Then finding the right tires for the 20" rears, 18" rears, 19" fronts. Lets just say I have a lot of tires in the garage, lol.

I'm thinking this is the best it can get for a street car. Heck this is what the Russians used on their 1800WHP UGR car that just got the Moscow mile record at 260mph+!!!

Thank you sir! That was the main idea. I have the 20"s and the 18"s so the next owner one day can pick and choose what they like :icon_thumleft:

Race gas for sure but I'll be limited on the street clutch to around 1250hp-1300hp definitely not the UGR TT setup. If there is a next clutch, it will be a 2000hp clutch.

Flooring is RaceDeck and works really great! The 4 post lift in this picture just goes on top and balances on the 4 points, no need to bolt it in or anything. I have the wheels for the lift if I need to move it too. The hardest part is wheeling the lift in the perfect place and then storing the wheels.

I have a 2 post lift in the other garage and I may redo that in RaceDeck flooring too. If I do, then I would leave the lift bolted to the ground and cut the flooring around it. You could do this for your 4 post lift but the flooring under it works fine too.

yep, I have the same setup. lift over race deck and it works fine.

I don't think I ever posted pictures of the most recent 6.5lb Tillett Carbon Fiber Seats (B1 version)...I took out some other carbon fiber ones I had made with a custom Lamborghini logo on it and these saved a couple more pounds and the Tillett seats were a little wider. All said in done, the Tillett are the lightest and the most comfortable. :icon_mrgreen:

I posted a picture with: Recaro Seat (going in my NSX), Tillet Carbon fiber seats now in GTT, old carbon seat that was in the GTT (no wide hips allowed, lol)

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

Looks like the size of a baby seat lol. I wouldnt stand a chance fitting in that! Looks great though and very light.

I adjusted some of the suspension a little bit since putting on the new wheels and decided a FRESH corner balance was a good idea....

After several coilover adjustments I was able to get almost a perfect 50%/50% cross balance, a great rear weight bias and very close ride height. All is well in the Lamborghini world for me :lol2:

The car had between below a 1/2 tank of gas. I recently put in a 20lb Braile battery as well. The toyo R888 tires ADDED...again ADDED about 5lbs per wheel compared to running Michelin Sport Cup tires. So that pretty much eliminated the 22lbs I saved from the OEM 42lb battery, that what I had to sacrifice for R888 grip!

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3665_2.jpg