Mario Andretti Countach At George Evans

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, nice to see a shop finish on time.

Have you've been paying as you go or did you have to a big chunk up front?

Yes, nice to see a shop finish on time.

Have you've been paying as you go or did you have to a big chunk up front?

No, George didnt ask me for any money up front. I just paid all at end. He is extremely fast and efficient which is very unusual in this business.

Another old scrap that does not look bad... :icon_thumleft:

ciao

According to Joe Sack of Shit.. its still a scrap.. Also according to Sack Of shit, the side skirts are not factory.. According to George Evans there is no evidence to the sideskirts not being factory nor the install not being factory. The car also does not have 10,600 miles, it has 5,000. That ad was not written by the owner.

Looks great Allan.

A bit of irony here as your car is almost finished hurricane Sandy is devastating the northeast.

When Erik purchased his white Countach hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.

Now if I were Al Gore I would conclude that White Countachs lead to global warming which leads to hurricanes.

Confucius says good thing I am not Al Gore. :turboalex:

:icon_thumleft:

Jesus...don't you guys have any decent DD's over there...from all the comments past and present it wouldn't seem so

I think mine is ok for what it's worth...... i never smell any gas fumes.

yes, they are not a big thing...skirts are a minor thing imo

you can always took them off at a later time if you would eventually be 100% sure car was not born with them and if you care. more it would be easy to resell original 88.5 skirts since they are HARD to find!!

am pretty much sure george can find out.

i had seen some 5000s and qv with those added. again is a very minor thing...done the best way is going to cost what ?? 2000$?? 3000$?

anyone that has experience with countach-diablo mecanic worcks know they cost so much more than minor cosmetic stuff is irrilevant.

if i had to buy an other countach i would look first at drivetrain, that all parts are there and eventual accident history. these cars are not a vw beetle and the money is almost all in parts-mecanic compartment.

yes, they are not a big thing...skirts are a minor thing imo

you can always took them off at a later time if you would eventually be 100% sure car was not born with them and if you care. more it would be easy to resell original 88.5 skirts since they are HARD to find!!

am pretty much sure george can find out.

i had seen some 5000s and qv with those added. again is a very minor thing...done the best way is going to cost what ?? 2000$?? 3000$?

anyone that has experience with countach-diablo mecanic worcks know they cost so much more than minor cosmetic stuff is irrilevant.

if i had to buy an other countach i would look first at drivetrain, that all parts are there and eventual accident history. these cars are not a vw beetle and the money is almost all in parts-mecanic compartment.

I like the skirts, and like I said George feels they are factory. The previous owner said they are factory.

good: at this point i would also keep them

George had seen so many of these cars he is sure able to tell

I've only been in one DD as well (only CT I've been in)....and didn't notice any fumes. This was back in 2004, and the owner told me there aren't many "good" DDs in the US left...he quoted a very low #.

Although truth be told, there is something visceral about smelling fumes once in awhile in an old carb car. :icon_mrgreen:

I've only been in one DD as well (only CT I've been in)....and didn't notice any fumes. This was back in 2004, and the owner told me there aren't many "good" DDs in the US left...he quoted a very low #.

Although truth be told, there is something visceral about smelling fumes once in awhile in an old carb car. :icon_mrgreen:

Fumes are perfect for making sure my wife NEVER wants to get in the car.

Fumes are perfect for making sure my wife NEVER wants to get in the car.

ha my wife never gets into any of my cars...lol... the countach is hot and cramped, the diablo is too noisy... :) Good cars to go out and decompress on a weekend morning all by yourself...

According to Joe Sack of Shit.. its still a scrap.. Also according to Sack Of shit, the side skirts are not factory.. According to George Evans there is no evidence to the sideskirts not being factory nor the install not being factory. The car also does not have 10,600 miles, it has 5,000. That ad was not written by the owner.

Well.... weve all heard that before. he pulled the same thing on me with the side skirts... The thing is that he starts to dump on people's cars on the forums when someone questions his "expertise", especially when everyone knows he uses those countach and miura threads as a tool to get customers for his business... As long as you know that, then you laugh it off for what it really is...

Thats why I dont even bother to post on Fchat anymore... fun to watch though since its fun to read Roy and Joe go back and forth...

ha my wife never gets into any of my cars...lol... the countach is hot and cramped, the diablo is too noisy... :) Good cars to go out and decompress on a weekend morning all by yourself...

I can get her in the Diablo, but she does complain its noisy. We will see about the Countach. Im going to make her drive it, that should be interesting!

I can get her in the Diablo, but she does complain its noisy. We will see about the Countach. Im going to make her drive it, that should be interesting!

the steering and clutch is going to be a work out! ;) Your wife is as petite as mine... Amazing thing though is my wife has driven an anniv once and she swore never to drive another...lol..

the steering and clutch is going to be a work out! ;) Your wife is as petite as mine... Amazing thing though is my wife has driven an anniv once and she swore never to drive another...lol..

Ill get mine on video!

Ill get mine on video!

lol... I cant wait to see her using her entire body with both hands trying to tug at the steering wheel :) Its like watching someone trying to turn off one of those hatchets in a submarine...lol...