Will I hate a 2001 Diablo?

kinnsella

They cleaned it up alot, when I saw it, the front bumper was still all bue, I think all they did was paint the lower portions black to look carbon.

Either way whether it's a good repair or not...I wouldn't want it. Too many clean options available.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is that car allan, doesnt that mean it is Roys old car? I thought his old 6.0 that went to Gustan and then to someone on the east coast was almost supposed to have kit car parts on it after it being wrecked? Or did 2 of the MB 6.0's share the same fate? Absolutely love that car but not a fan of the aftermarket wheels on it.

Gorgeous color

I went by the dealership today. When was it repaired? They denied it was in an accident, the paint looks old, swirls in the paint...a bunch of chips in the paint, a couple of oddly large ones. The front trunk doesn't shut right. Panel gaps were even. The drivers seat had been reupholstered and the weather stripping was missing. No signs of a respray unless they they took it apart. The front bumper had issues, the rear bumper was scagging on the drivers side. I was surprised how small the cockpit was, I am only 5'11 and my head was touching the roof. Their bottom line to drive the car was $137K. Bullshit story from the sales man, its the owner personal car...you can't drive it without an offer....wtf.

That is the same car that had the accident. There was a lot of money put into it to clean it up over the years. Roy added the wing and serviced the car. When Gus had it, the car had factory OEM wheels on it. The front bumper is not OEM, nor is the right front fender...rear bumper is in question as well as it does sag. There was some paint work also on the passenger side lower rear quarter. I'm sure Allan has the pics of the car when it was on the frame rack at the shop. I owned the car for awhile as well, it drives solid and straight and the repair work done to it, wasn't horrible. The car got repo'd from Gus and was going to be sold overseas when a guy named Gary bought it through Bergen County Lambo. He put a lot of money into the car at time of purchase, upwards of 18k for service, tires, battery, etc. Then good old Gary pops up out of the blue and wants to sell the car claiming title in hand, etc...his state is a title in hand state, however he didn't have the lien release. Some may remember a thread started about buyer beware scammer, etc...same car. Car got repo'd from him and fire sold to Benny. It had OEM wheels on it when it left the East Coast. But the dealer is lying about the accident...it surely went through a fence or something.

I had a FB conversion about this car with the owner, who himself admited the accident, and then admitted to paying 80K for the car. If I could remember where the conversation was Id pull it up. Ive spoken to them face to face, and they certainly are the shit of shit dealerships. I looked at the Pearl White Anniversary they had, and while Im looking at it they are telling me how amazing it is, all the while Im laughing to myself at what a shitbomb it is. I wouldnt buy a bicycle from them, nor let them ever touch a car I owned.

I had a FB conversion about this car with the owner, who himself admited the accident, and then admitted to paying 80K for the car. If I could remember where the conversation was Id pull it up. Ive spoken to them face to face, and they certainly are the shit of shit dealerships. I looked at the Pearl White Anniversary they had, and while Im looking at it they are telling me how amazing it is, all the while Im laughing to myself at what a shitbomb it is. I wouldnt buy a bicycle from them, nor let them ever touch a car I owned.

This is the one I was commenting on with you... If I could remember which dealer posted pics, we could find it.

This is the one I was commenting on with you... If I could remember which dealer posted pics, we could find it.

It was on one of Dirk Photographies pages. I cant find it.

You get the snake oil sales person feeling on the phone. Misdirection, and no facts. It had forgiato black wheels on it with new tires. Interior was clean, has an aftermarket exhaust that he could not identify. Allan I thought we were about the same height...is it really that cramped? I couldn't get the steering wheel far enough away from me...I guess it's NASCAR style. They must be selling to fools....it's a 10 foot car. Any closer and you can see all the flaws. But I will drive it...

My favourite Lambo, unsure if i could live with it.

Well at least you could walk to it. My son does Karate across the freeway so I thought I would stop by. Sales person tells me it's all the original Calabasas staff..not sure that made feel any better considering all the VIK stories. I needed a shower after I left.

You get the snake oil sales person feeling on the phone. Misdirection, and no facts. It had forgiato black wheels on it with new tires. Interior was clean, has an aftermarket exhaust that he could not identify. Allan I thought we were about the same height...is it really that cramped? I couldn't get the steering wheel far enough away from me...I guess it's NASCAR style. They must be selling to fools....it's a 10 foot car. Any closer and you can see all the flaws. But I will drive it...

My favourite Lambo, unsure if i could live with it.

Im 6ft and fit fine in mine. The car had chrome like 5 spoke wheels when it came in, I think HRE. I hate the POS Forgiato wheels they put on it now.

I want to post these on the Calabassas facebook page and ask them if this is the same car ;)

Well what's taking you soo long?

• 3 weeks later...

I own Limeys old VI 6.0. Nice car, all redone. He spent alot of time on this one. Im pretty sure the work is documented on here somewhere.

Guys what is a good pricepoint for a 6.0? Im seeing quite a few ranges. Would like to educate myself.

Guys what is a good pricepoint for a 6.0? Im seeing quite a few ranges. Would like to educate myself.

Based on my recent shopping and purchase, there are a lot of factors that come into play like: miles, history, maintenance. A higher mileage 6.0 with a solid service record 'seems' to be comparable to a lower mileage 6.0.

It doesn't seem OEM wheels and OEM wing make much difference on the price. However, if you buy a car without them and want them it will cost a bit if you can find them. Best bet is to find a car with those options already.

I remember reading a few comments on LP from people stating sellers are still trying to get pre-recession prices on the 6.0s, but those cars aren't selling.

It seems in recent weeks that there is a surge of people wanting 6.0s ... see all the posts people (including myself) have made. Cats Exotics has a number of people looking for 6.0s. This is only going to drive the price up.

That's just been my experience thus far.

I have been seeing the same, just wanted to make sure. Its quite interesting how a good high mileage one can be the same or even slightly over a lower mileage one. But i guess it doesnt matter as long as it has been properly taken care of and has good options or sought after specs . Seems like a lot of people are going back to looking for the raw power and fun rather than the automated experience.

Cats is killin it with their 6.0s they always get the best shit!