First photos of the McLaren P1

Nath4N

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... couldnt they just do it in mclaren orange? why that paint again? As to the styling, Im still on the fence with this one... it looks really busy...

i agree. The volcano orange is not a good show color.

I love the back of the car. The rest i'm so so about,but in different color schemes it would probably show better. I do like the overall futurisitc styling.

hmmm... couldnt they just do it in mclaren orange? why that paint again? As to the styling, Im still on the fence with this one... it looks really busy...

i don't know which orange is considered to be more McLaren, but this one was used on the F1 too

Orange_McLaren_F1.jpg

McLaren-F1-Orange.gif

20060509_AdiosSurburban.jpg

Doesn't look like a $1M design. Looks like an Asian market design. Rear looks interesting, but the rest doesn't quite do it. Looks too much like a 12C too. Says it will probably be using a modified version of the 12C engine with KERS. Meh. Who cares about KERS on a road car? Also says it uses a modified 12C tub. I'm guessing there is going to be a lot of shared stuff in this.

I'd be pretty disappointed if it ended up as a $1M 12C on steroids. Makes me wonder how much new car you're actually getting for the extra $750K.

For that kind of money, assuming it's in the $1M range, I think I'd rather have an F1 with the badass center seating position and the downforce kit.

It almost looks like a generic exotic car design that you'd see on some box of a video game that doesn't have rights to use real cars.

Beyond hideous. I can't even express how disappointing that is. The F1 pics in the thread look 1000000x better and that design is decades old...

They may have "beaten aerodynamics" :rolleyes: but at what cost?

Ugly as hell.

Look the convertible has already been out for a while!!

:lol2: :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

What a shame! The fake drawings were sooo much better!

I actually prefer the MP4-12C with the optional aero bits they've added to it lately versus this bizarre sea creature P1 by a WIDE margin...

Too busy, way to busy, I thought Ron is a "less is more" type of character, he applied the principal to the MP4 but with this one he went way overboard, I think he will get the next one right.

No doubt they will sell them all so what I think or other people that will not part with their cash is irrelevant.

Too busy, way to busy, I thought Ron is a "less is more" type of character, he applied the principal to the MP4 but with this one he went way overboard, I think he will get the next one right.

No doubt they will sell them all so what I think or other people that will not part with their cash is irrelevant.

And the performance will certainly be where it needs to be without a doubt, the P1 will certainly light up every test it gets put through in a mind-blowing way if McLaren's history is any guide.

People who have seen the actual car say that these picture angles and background don't do much for the car at all. In reality it is much much lower than the perspective given here. Also, the color will make a big difference, the carbon bits are just shown to indicate windtunnel derived portions of the car. The car is rumored to have well over 1300 lbs of downforce (it has been stated at 100 mph by some, that'd be insane LMP level). This is a number that has never been attained for a road car.

It's funny, but they say that the photos shown at Pebble Beach are far more attractive then the ones here. I wonder why, perspective and angles?

Aerodynamics definitely drove a huge portion of this car for why it is like it is. The double rear diffuser, active suspension, lower engine location, pushrod suspension and altered subframes, 960 hp, etc etc. This is far from a gussied up MP4-12C. It shares the same windshield and chassis mold. That's about it. Notice, it doesn't even have windshield wipers...

It almost looks like a generic exotic car design that you'd see on some box of a video game that doesn't have rights to use real cars.

sad but true

still on the fence with this one... I think better pics are in order... Because at this point, I would not trust any of the photos Mclaren has thrown out... Their photos and colors are just awful...