Looking for a new car tomorrow

RaginBull

I am looking for a new 4 door car for my wife. Must be able to fit four comfortably. I want it to be fun when she wants it to be, as well as safe and useable every day.

Top options:

Aston Martin Rapide (testing tomorrow.. Might be too tight in the back)

Porsche Panamera Turbo S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S

Mercedes CLS 63 AMG

What are your opinions?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CLS63 is too small in the back too. Go for the E63. Not as grandpa as the S63, and more room than the CLS. 500hp too.

Honestly my gut would say the Panamera, but the service I got from the Porsche dealership in Beverly Hills has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I wouldn't go back. The Mercedes dealership on the other hand is so welcoming and accommodating that you can drop the car off and be in a loaner in 15 min.

Have you considered the new M5?

2012-bmw-m5.jpg

The fake exhaust noise ruins the new M5 for me, regardless of how great the car my be.

Rapide is great but also pretty tight in the back, adults wont want to ride in the back. Panamera would be my choice by far over the other two.

I am hoping there is enough space cause I love the looks of the Rapide and Aston's in general. But, it is looking like the Panamera is the most sensible option.

Note to Lamborghini: If the Estoque and / or the Urus were available I would have both and I would not need to sort this out! That's two car sales you could have. Wake Up! Make the 4 seaters for people like me!

CLS63 is too small in the back too. Go for the E63. Not as grandpa as the S63, and more room than the CLS. 500hp too.

My VP has the E. Great car but not the right fit for her right now. The merc is least likely.

Honestly my gut would say the Panamera, but the service I got from the Porsche dealership in Beverly Hills has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I wouldn't go back. The Mercedes dealership on the other hand is so welcoming and accommodating that you can drop the car off and be in a loaner in 15 min.

The local Porsche people are great. I got my Mom a Cayenne turbo S and they have been great to deal with.

i have an E class - the difference in space between the backseat of the E and CLS exists but i honestly can't tell when i sit in them, and i'm a big guy at 6'1. that being said, i could easily be comfortable in the CLS for a lengthy trip.

the CLS is the best looking car among your options imo, thats what i would pick. backseat might not be AS big as the panamera, but how often will she have all of the passenger seats filled up with fully grown men? and even if she does, they would not be overly uncomfortable unless they were huge.

The fake exhaust noise ruins the new M5 for me, regardless of how great the car my be.

Don't let that ruin anything for you. All you have to do to get rid of the sound is to remove a fuse, this is well documented on the internet. Go drive one and check it out for yourself.

When I read the first line of the post, the first thing that popped in my head was the Panamera Porsche Turbo S. That is definitely the best choice out of all those you listed. The CLS63 AMG is a pretty awesome car too! Tough choice you have there! But if I had to choose, it would be the Porsche. Good luck!

I know the Panamera is a fan favorite on here but I don't know how you guys deal with the looks. Every car on the list looks better than a Panamera. Is the leg room really that much better there?

Looks like a few more good suggestions. thanks!

The Rapide is first since I am not so secretly hoping it is a blast to drive and has room for four. The importance I am stressing about back seat space is for two child seats.

The Panamera Turbo S seems to live in its own universe. It reportly has spacious seats and is significantly faster than all the others. 4-wheel drive is also another plus.

She has been driving a Mercedes and I would like to get her in something different. BMW's have not done it for me recently. That 6 series Gran Coupe might be a contender.

So, we will try the Rapide in a few hours and maybe stop by Porsche to see a turbo Panamera. I will report back later. Thanks Everyone!

There was a sweet gently used Panny Turbo for sale in the classifieds by a member on here. Might be worth it if you don't mind used and aren't going to keep it forever. I'll look for the link.

Edit:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...64065&st=20

E63 AMG wagon with the performance package, or Panamera GTS/ Turbo.

Everything else is junk compared to those two. They set the bar.

I have horror stories about Beverly Hills Porsche Service Dept. Encouraging to see nothing has changed in 6 years. The downtown service department was a lot better.

I know the Panamera is a fan favorite on here but I don't know how you guys deal with the looks. Every car on the list looks better than a Panamera. Is the leg room really that much better there?

Sigh...I agree. I hate the looks but it just kills almost every other category. Great performance, dependable, sporty, roomy, good resell value, good build quality. Besides, girls love porsche :icon_mrgreen:

But don't make a decision until 'nima chimes in :D

The Panamera looks good to me. I prefer it over the Cayenne. The Rapide is the best looking car on his list though.

Rapide in real life has so much presence, very impressive car visually.

Unfortunately if anyone ever tries to sit in the back, or race anything else in the segment, they will come away disappointed.