New year, new plans..

Kisco

Alright, sooooo.....

At about 4 PM today I got a phone call from Reliable Carriers telling me that the transporter is on his way to my house and should be there in about an hour. Of course at this point I stop what I am doing at work and immediately start heading home. One hour later the transporter and I pull into my subdivision simultaneously. Perfect timing! As it was getting unloaded and rolling back onto the truck deck, the first thing I noticed was the Black "UNDERGROUND RACING" decal on the side of the rocker panel. Just looking at these letters made me giggly. Anyways...I got the car off the transporter and immediately checked over the car to make sure all was well with it. I instantly notice the car is sparkling! Not sure if Kevin waxed it or just gave it a good wash, but it was glowing! After ensuring all was well, I opened the bonnet to look at the work of art that encompasses the engine bay, and after inspecting it for a good 30 mins from every fitting, to every line, and analyzing the layout of the kit and craftsman ship of the overall assembly, I was BLOWN away! Impeccable is the first word that came to mind. I mean even the bottom of water/coolant tank had, what looked to me, a laser engraved 'UR" logo on it. How F'n cool is that???

UR_zpsa917aa2f.jpg

So moving along, next step was to take the car out for a spin. I was about as excited as the first time I got my willy wet to my g/f at the time - who is now my wife. I opened the glove compartment and I see the boost switch mounted in the lower left hand corner. Upon turning the switch, I was happy to see that this was no cheap, Fischer-Price kind of switch. It had a rigid feel to it and clicked into positions. Thinking I am unsusceptible to fear and have built up immunity to fast cars, I skipped the lowest boost setting and positioned the controller on the higher pump gas map -1050 rwhp. I jump in the driver's seat, started the car and let it warm up for a good 15 mins, then I drove it for another 15 mins just to ensure optimal operating temps before boosting. After the temps got up to par, I was now ready to goose the throttle and feel the Gs. I am in 2nd gear and give approx. 10% throttle.... :shock: Yes, with only 10% throttle the car literally scared me. I IMMEDIATELY turn around and go back home. I get out of the car, take a deep breath, look over at my friends and wife and said "HOLY fcuking SHIT". I then went on to elaborate a little on how I am just mind boggled by the acceleration feel of hardly getting on the throttle. I open the glove box, turn the boost down to the lowest setting, and get back out to give it another whirl. I boosted the car several times and felt this to be a perfect every day setting with very usable power that is not over whelming in any way. If I had to guess, this setting puts the car at the 137 mark in the 1/4 mile. I drove the car for about an hour on this setting to really get acquainted with the car and once I felt comfortable and accustomed to it, I go back home and position the boost switch to the 2nd setting - 1050 rwhp. I get back on the HWY and goose the throttle...... :shock: :shock:. My friend and I are in absolute SHOCK not only about how fast the car went from 60-140, but at how linear and smooth the power delivery was. Best way I can describe is like taking a scorching hot knife through butter. SMOOTH! I continued to redline it another 3-4 times and just grinning from ear to ear. We must have said "oh my god" a dozen times prior to coming back home. This car is fcuking FAST!

I parked the car and we talked about how INSANELY fast the car is on this pump gas setting, but more so, how there was still another 250 more whp on the table!! We then proceeded to discuss how twisted someone must be to drive a R or 2R car...wow, I can't even wrap my head around it to be honest.

After shooting the breeze with the fellas for a little while, everyone packed and left home. It was an extremely memorable day for my friends and I am still grinning from ear to ear.

Last but certainly not least, I want to mention that this car drives every bit as good as stock - literally! As a matter of fact, the tranny in Corsa mode is no longer vibrating my skull upon shifting at higher RPMS. The shift shock is VASTLY improved over stock. I am VERY impressed that a damn near 1500 BHP car can drive this good and mimic the factory feel!! Underground Racing has truly perfected this package on the Gallardo and I can't express how happy I am with the car. Most certainly exceeded all my expectations in every way so far.

THANK YOU Kevin and Underground Racing crew for building me this astonishing car and for your excellent customer service through out the journey. I am extremely happy to be part of your team and I am now 110% certain I made the right decision in sending you my car versus any other tuner.

More to come..... :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I am in 2nd gear and give approx. 10% throttle.... :shock: Yes, with only 10% throttle the car literally scared me. I IMMEDIATELY turn around and go back home. I get out of the car, take a deep breath, look over at my friends and wife and said "HOLY fcuking SHIT".

you have no clue how gay that sounds...lol :eusa_dance:

J/K

Congrats! I only dream one day to drive a GTT ! take your time getting used to it! and get us some 60-130!!!

Enjoy with good health!

Haha! your first thought was "don't be bitch" crank up the juice.. I'm sure that's everyone's thoughts recieving! Congrats Fadi! Waiting for some killer youtube vids!

you have no clue how gay that sounds...lol :eusa_dance:

J/K

Congrats! I only dream one day to drive a GTT ! take your time getting used to it! and get us some 60-130!!!

Enjoy with good health!

Maybe I felt the way I did due to the fact that I have no driven a fast car in over a year, I don't know, but bottom line is that boost came on VERY fast in this setting and it startled me. I wasn't expecting it.

But the pull on this car when 3rd gear comes along and into 4th+ is beyond explanatory. The boost by gear is really something special and amplifies the acceleration feel in the proceeding gear.

Thanks Sam, appreciate the kind words! May god be good to you so you can pick up one of these bad puppies sooner than later... :icon_thumleft:

Haha! your first thought was "don't be bitch" crank up the juice.. I'm sure that's everyone's thoughts recieving! Congrats Fadi! Waiting for some killer youtube vids!

That's exactly what I thought, lol. I mean I had a 9 sec GTR 1.5 years ago so I figured I can handle it and it is no big deal....not the case, lol. And again, that could very well just be because I have not been in a fast car for a long time.

Thanks brother for the kind words. I am also very excited to start making some vids after I get acclimated with the car. :icon_thumleft:

Sounds awesome Kisco! Id love to see some more pics when you have some time.

Thanks Rob. I'll snap some pics today and post them up..:)

Awesome man. Glad you are a live!!! I am so jealous. Quit posting :)

Thanks man. You have plenty of time to convert from a 1.5 to a 3.. :eusa_dance:

Thanks Rob. I'll snap some pics today and post them up..:)

Thanks man. You have plenty of time to convert from a 1.5 to a 3.. :eusa_dance:

you have a whole week to get used to this beast... hint hint...

Hmmm ... What should I do today ...

Not too many options ... The weather is just OK ... 65 and sunny ...

Maybe I'll go for a drive ... But I only have an old VW/Audi in the garage ...

Let's face it ... It's just not that much fun to drive, since it's kinda sloooow ...

Even with some good 93 octane in the tank, it only drops about 1,050 hp on the pavement ...

So, as you can see, it's hardly worth taking it out of the garage ...

I guess I'll just stay home and play with the kids ... OK, where did I leave those Pampers ...

You Lucky Dog!!!

you have a whole week to get used to this beast... hint hint...

Haha. It aint happening bro, unfortunately. I got so much going on right now and I want to be 100% comfortable with the car before I go out on 1250 hp. Put it this way, I have yet to go WOT in 2nd gear on my 1050 pump gas map. I only boosted 3rd and 4th to redline. I am taking it slow but I think it is the right thing to do. That or I am just getting old.

Hmmm ... What should I do today ...

Not too many options ... The weather is just OK ... 65 and sunny ...

Maybe I'll go for a drive ... But I only have an old VW/Audi in the garage ...

Let's face it ... It's just not that much fun to drive, since it's kinda sloooow ...

Even with some good 93 octane in the tank, it only drops about 1,050 hp on the pavement ...

So, as you can see, it's hardly worth taking it out of the garage ...

I guess I'll just stay home and play with the kids ... OK, where did I leave those Pampers ...

You Lucky Dog!!!

wooosh, you crack me up, lol. Come to MI!

Wow Kisco very nice write up!!! You should be a salesman for UR.lol

"I want one and I want one now"

Thanks man, but I am sincerely telling it like it is. I am sure other UGR owners would vouch for my write up.

Congrats on getting her back! Sounds like its going to be a fun weekend. :eusa_dance:

Thanks Ronnie! I went to bed at 3:30 am last night and woke up at 8 am. Ya, I am just a tad excited..;)

Alright, sooooo.....

At about 4 PM today I got a phone call from Reliable Carriers telling me that the transporter is on his way to my house and should be there in about an hour. Of course at this point I stop what I am doing at work and immediately start heading home. One hour later the transporter and I pull into my subdivision simultaneously. Perfect timing! As it was getting unloaded and rolling back onto the truck deck, the first thing I noticed was the Black "UNDERGROUND RACING" decal on the side of the rocker panel. Just looking at these letters made me giggly. Anyways...I got the car off the transporter and immediately checked over the car to make sure all was well with it. I instantly notice the car is sparkling! Not sure if Kevin waxed it or just gave it a good wash, but it was glowing! After ensuring all was well, I opened the bonnet to look at the work of art that encompasses the engine bay, and after inspecting it for a good 30 mins from every fitting, to every line, and analyzing the layout of the kit and craftsman ship of the overall assembly, I was BLOWN away! Impeccable is the first word that came to mind. I mean even the bottom of water/coolant tank had, what looked to me, a laser engraved 'UR" logo on it. How F'n cool is that???

UR_zpsa917aa2f.jpg

So moving along, next step was to take the car out for a spin. I was about as excited as the first time I got my willy wet to my g/f at the time - who is now my wife. I opened the glove compartment and I see the boost switch mounted in the lower left hand corner. Upon turning the switch, I was happy to see that this was no cheap, Fischer-Price kind of switch. It had a rigid feel to it and clicked into positions. Thinking I am unsusceptible to fear and have built up immunity to fast cars, I skipped the lowest boost setting and positioned the controller on the higher pump gas map -1050 rwhp. I jump in the driver's seat, started the car and let it warm up for a good 15 mins, then I drove it for another 15 mins just to ensure optimal operating temps before boosting. After the temps got up to par, I was now ready to goose the throttle and feel the Gs. I am in 2nd gear and give approx. 10% throttle.... :shock: Yes, with only 10% throttle the car literally scared me. I IMMEDIATELY turn around and go back home. I get out of the car, take a deep breath, look over at my friends and wife and said "HOLY fcuking SHIT". I then went on to elaborate a little on how I am just mind boggled by the acceleration feel of hardly getting on the throttle. I open the glove box, turn the boost down to the lowest setting, and get back out to give it another whirl. I boosted the car several times and felt this to be a perfect every day setting with very usable power that is not over whelming in any way. If I had to guess, this setting puts the car at the 137 mark in the 1/4 mile. I drove the car for about an hour on this setting to really get acquainted with the car and once I felt comfortable and accustomed to it, I go back home and position the boost switch to the 2nd setting - 1050 rwhp. I get back on the HWY and goose the throttle...... :shock: :shock:. My friend and I are in absolute SHOCK not only about how fast the car went from 60-140, but at how linear and smooth the power delivery was. Best way I can describe is like taking a scorching hot knife through butter. SMOOTH! I continued to redline it another 3-4 times and just grinning from ear to ear. We must have said "oh my god" a dozen times prior to coming back home. This car is fcuking FAST!

I parked the car and we talked about how INSANELY fast the car is on this pump gas setting, but more so, how there was still another 250 more whp on the table!! We then proceeded to discuss how twisted someone must be to drive a R or 2R car...wow, I can't even wrap my head around it to be honest.

After shooting the breeze with the fellas for a little while, everyone packed and left home. It was an extremely memorable day for my friends and I am still grinning from ear to ear.

Last but certainly not least, I want to mention that this car drives every bit as good as stock - literally! As a matter of fact, the tranny in Corsa mode is no longer vibrating my skull upon shifting at higher RPMS. The shift shock is VASTLY improved over stock. I am VERY impressed that a damn near 1500 BHP car can drive this good and mimic the factory feel!! Underground Racing has truly perfected this package on the Gallardo and I can't express how happy I am with the car. Most certainly exceeded all my expectations in every way so far.

THANK YOU Kevin and Underground Racing crew for building me this astonishing car and for your excellent customer service through out the journey. I am extremely happy to be part of your team and I am now 110% certain I made the right decision in sending you my car versus any other tuner.

More to come..... :icon_thumleft:

Video. Please. Kisco you have finalized my decision to go Stage 3. Do you regret not adding the racing heads with 50 more HP? How does the car sound on the high pump gas setting at full throttle. Does it back fire when it shifts? I assume it shoots flames. Please do a video today.

Video. Please. Kisco you have finalized my decision to go Stage 3. Do you regret not adding the racing heads with 50 more HP? How does the car sound on the high pump gas setting at full throttle. Does it back fire when it shifts? I assume it shoots flames. Please do a video today.

TXTT, I promise I will capture some footage just for you this weekend, before Memorial day is over. :icon_thumleft:

To answer some of your questions...I would have loved to get stage R heads as you will get 100 more rwhp on pump gas and make that power with quite a bit less boost, too. So more power, less boost - can't go wrong with that!! But they do come with a pretty penny and I have spent WAYY over budget this year. I am no high roller so I got to choose my spendings wisely..:) If you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, GET THE R HEADS.

How does the car sound? Have you heard a jet zooming by above you in the sky? That is what it sounds like! And the sound of the BOVs on my high pump gas map is orgasmic! lol.

As far as shooting flames, I am not sure since I am the one driving the car at all times so I can't see what's happening back there other than objects disappearing in my rear view mirror really fast..:) But flames are definitely cool and I do believe most TT cars will spit out some fire balls upon shifts.

This car is the most fun I have had in a looooong time.

Hope that helps. You will NOT regret a stage 3. Kevin will support you throughout your entire journey and answer any questions you may have. :icon_thumleft:

I got a request from several people to take some pics of the engine bay and they were wondering about the behavior of the car on 100% cold starts. Here are several pics and two video clips.

-First clip is of a 100% cold start (last time I started it was yesterday at 5 PM)

-Second clip shows the sound after the car has been warmed up for 10 mins.

Cold start:

Warmed up:

Hope this helps (duhawks / TXTT) :icon_thumleft:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I got a request from several people to take some pics of the engine bay and they were wondering about the behavior of the car on 100% cold starts. Here are several pics and two video clips.

-First clip is of a 100% cold start (last time I started it was yesterday at 5 PM)

-Second clip shows the sound after the car has been warmed up for 10 mins.

Cold start:

Warmed up:

Hope this helps (duhawks / TXTT) :icon_thumleft:

:monkeyleft: Love it!

Thanks all. UGR did a spectacular job!!

Plenty more pics/vids to come this season... :icon_thumleft:

As amazing as this build is, I'm equally impressed that total turn-around time was less than 6 months. UGR seems to have this down to a science.

Kisco's build with proper scheduling can be completed in 6-8 WEEKS normally.

For the benefit of those who haven't read the entire thread, Kisco's build was originally planned to be a bolt-on. Once the bolt-on was completed (on time), Kisco decided to change the build to a stage 3. Because all the build slots were booked at the time, he had to go back in line behind the scheduled appointments so this took some extra time. Kisco knew this but was ok with it. It was here 4.5 months.

For the benefit of those who haven't read the entire thread, Kisco's build was originally planned to be a bolt-on. Once the bolt-on was completed (on time), Kisco decided to change the build to a stage 3. Because all the build slots were booked at the time, he had to go back in line behind the scheduled appointments so this took some extra time. Kisco knew this but was ok with it. It was here 4.5 months.

Just over 4 months seems very fast for a build like that.

As amazing as this build is, I'm equally impressed that total turn-around time was less than 6 months. UGR seems to have this down to a science.

Exactly. It was a combination of me changing my mind last minute and changing my mind at a bad time given the engine shop was very busy. I was totally OK with the waiting time since up here in MI, it's not until May that I can take out the car and enjoy it anyways, which is exactly when I got the car back.. :icon_thumleft: