Ford Atlast Conecpt...

MHaynes772

Looks pretty cool. Having said that though. Looks too much like the F-350's, and whats with the fast and furious blue lights everywhere?

:iamwithstupid:

Aside from the 'won't make it to production' show car stuff what really is there that's so special?

The new front end is great. Just seems like it would be much better suited to go onto the next 350. It just doesn't make sense to me that a "new" truck is getting what looks like a refresh for a whole other line of truck. If they do go with that sort of look for the 150 they better completely change the 350 or they will end up with 911 syndrome. I'm sure what ever they do it will be great. The new F-150's are nice, the raptor is sick, and the whole F series line has been the number one selling truck for like a million years so they know what they're doing when it comes to building trucks. Lots of cool ideas on that concept.

It does look good but having owned an F350 before I'm not sure I could do a smaller truck. Based on this though, I wonder what they will do with the superduty.

I love it, and it will be out just about the time I am ready to replace my current F150. GM and Dodge are way behind in the truck game.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

According to the link I posted, Ford F series trucks were the top selling vehicles of 2012. They beat the 2nd best selling vehicle, the Chevy Silverado by over 200K units. A fullsize truck outselling Camrys and Civics with gas prices what they are is impressive.

Beside pretty much being the most important vehicle for the US economy, the next generation is basically going to be the new Range Rover, mixed with the current super duty and the current F-150. I can't wait. I just hope they raptorize that generation

• 4 months later...

Looks like they are moving to make the entire F-150 look like the Raptor in stock appearance.

This truck is awesome. It makes you wonder why they don't bring these looks to the real trucks, they'd sell even better. I prefer the LOOKS of the GMC All Terrain concept -- but the features of this.

The GMC All Terrain was BAD ASS!

http://otoloso.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-gm...n-hd-truck.html

:shock: :shock: Wow! That's cool too. And to think nothing like it will probably ever see production :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Sorry but that does nothing for me, and 33" tires on 22" wheels screams mall crawler. Plus the number of people putting $1800 tires on their stock pickup is very limited.

i still don't get why people need full size trucks. i rarely see it with cargo or more than the driver.

As a guy who daily drives an 8k lb 4x4 crew cab diesel truck I can chime in here. First, it's way more comfortable than you would imagine. I'm just shy of 6'4", around 215lbs, so just having square footage inside the cab is great for me. I do haul/tow regularly enough to justify it, though not 100% of the time. And being a diesel, I get much better mileage than even most small trucks. They are great in bad weather, visibility while driving is fantastic, and they are super safe in an accident for no other reason than sheer mass. Two hundred airbags and crumple zones only do so much vs 8,000 pounds of inertia protecting me.

I miss my F350. And I think the only time I ever used the bed was taking trash to the dump a couple times. Very, very comfortable and everything just said above!

i still don't get why people need full size trucks. i rarely see it with cargo or more than the driver.

Why does anyone "need" a Lambo? Or a large home? Also, pickups are friggin' cool :)