The fastest Lamborghini for Geneva 2013

dyvatvol15

Yep, there is no other better upgrade to a Lambo than putting twin turbos on it, therefore, maybe it wont be that bad if Lambo offers them on their entry level model. I do believe it will come eventually anyways.

Yes, but you are putting im 90-140k of additional cost when you tt with UGR. If Lamborghini shrunk the engine and tt's it, you would not have that kind of power with a stock release in the same price range. They certainly won't do a UGR style system and add 130k to the price. Then it would be a product in a different market. You are beter off having the full 260k car be all engine and then turbo it yourself later for the additional 1-130k for maximum results.

MP4-12C competes directly with LP570 and 458. . . and it slaughters them.

For the new 'fastest lamborghini' its name ought to not start with a 7.

Slaughters them? Really? Maybe on a track. But in real life, they are all awesome and it all comes down to what you like. I love the Gallardo line and I like the MP4. The 458 is my least favorite but it has the strongest resale market.

Fastest Lamborghini can mean a lot. The Sesto Elemento is probably the fastest to date and that has 570 hp. Low weight, aero and materials go a long way. We will see.

The Sesto does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. The Aventador does it in 2.8 seconds. I hope what ever they have up their sleeve does the deed in 1.9 seconds. I look forward to seeing which car company will be the first to do the 0-60mph run in the 1 second club! That would be epic. I hope they don't mean, "this one goes to 220mph." That would be a letdown.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you are putting im 90-140k of additional cost when you tt with UGR. If Lamborghini shrunk the engine and tt's it, you would not have that kind of power with a stock release in the same price range. They certainly won't do a UGR style system and add 130k to the price. Then it would be a product in a different market. You are beter off having the full 260k car be all engine and then turbo it yourself later for the additional 1-130k for maximum results.

You dont need to put that kind of money or have that high of a hp level for the TT Lambo to be tons of fun, and much more fun than a stock NA one. Its coming eventually Kris, the TT's, its just a matter of time. You may as well start to embrace it, just like the dual clutch! :)

^^Wouldn't "Fastest" as the title and article say, imply top speed as where "Quickest" would imply 0-60.

Maybe by uping the power and changing the aero on the Aventador they've created a 240mph top speed Lamborghini instead of making one that's much quicker 0-60.

You dont need to put that kind of money or have that high of a hp level for the TT Lambo to be tons of fun, and much more fun than a stock NA one. Its coming eventually Kris, the TT's, its just a matter of time. You may as well start to embrace it, just like the dual clutch! :)

URGHHH!! You're killing me Brother! You just did a Mortal Kombat move with "embrace a turbo future for Lamborghini," then the 'finish him' move with double clutch comment! :icon_axe: :lol_smiley: :icon_mrgreen:

^^Wouldn't "Fastest" as the title and article say, imply top speed as where "Quickest" would imply 0-60.

Maybe by uping the power and changing the aero on the Aventador they've created a 240mph top speed Lamborghini instead of making one that's much quicker 0-60.

True. I hope for both!

URGHHH!! You're killing me Brother! You just did a Mortal Kombat move with "embrace a turbo future for Lamborghini," then the 'finish him' move with double clutch comment! :icon_axe: :lol_smiley: :icon_mrgreen:

Haha, well keep in mind, I am only referring to the entry level Lambo. I hope they keep the flagship with a NA v12.

Haha, well keep in mind, I am only referring to the entry level Lambo. I hope they keep the flagship with a NA v12.

I want it all to stay NA!!! If they do the Urus, that can be TT. But the Gallardo replacement and the V12, NO! Trust me, I am already bummed that I hear the Gallardo replacement will have a "I don't want to feel anything / I like my super race car to drive like a automatic transmission" clutch. Take away the NA too and I might be out as a customer.

When they all feel like nothing, they will all feel the same. That is not what I am in to. I buy the one with the bull over the horse because I like the bull better. I want that difference to stay with the brands. I want something that Ferrari people would cry about from my Lamborghini.

I like the fact that the snotty pretentious UK car reviewers don't enjoy it. Its not for them. They can have their "it drives itself and you feel nothing... I love that" and their "I'm too old and single clutch hard shifts hurt my neck and my bum back." They are softies. Lambos aren't for soft people. I like my heavy metal, violent shifts and raw power. As long as Lamborghini continues to deliver that in full force from the V12 models... I'll be happy. :icon_super:

I want it all to stay NA!!! If they do the Urus, that can be TT. But the Gallardo replacement and the V12, NO! Trust me, I am already bummed that I hear the Gallardo replacement will have a "I don't want to feel anything / I like my super race car to drive like a automatic transmission" clutch. Take away the NA too and I might be out as a customer.

When they all feel like nothing, they will all feel the same. That is not what I am in to. I buy the one with the bull over the horse because I like the bull better. I want that difference to stay with the brands. I want something that Ferrari people would cry about from my Lamborghini.

I like the fact that the snotty pretentious UK car reviewers don't enjoy it. Its not for them. They can have their "it drives itself and you feel nothing... I love that" and their "I'm too old and single clutch hard shifts hurt my neck and my bum back." They are softies. Lambos aren't for soft people. I like my heavy metal, violent shifts and raw power. As long as Lamborghini continues to deliver that in full force from the V12 models... I'll be happy. :icon_super:

Its almost a crime to not have turbos in the car if it has a dual clutch because it doesn't lose any boost between shifts. I have had a lot of great personal feedback from people who have rode with me in cars with turbos and dual clutches. They go on and on about how fast they are (Mclaren/911 Turbo S). You dont get those momentary lapses in acceleration and they are just pinned to their seat until you let off the throttle, so they think you are accelerating so much faster. Sure the 1000+hp TT Gallardos I have had always got great responses too, but if power to weight ratios are the same, passengers always are more blown away by the dual clutch/TT cars than they are the single clutch/NA cars. For example, most people thought my modded 911 Turbo S, which trapped the same as my Aventador coupe (134mph), accelerated quite a bit faster.

Anyone else remember that Aventador with Veyron tires? Maybe this is why they were testing it! 35ea5d2.jpg

Great memory! That's interesting! Imagine Lamborghini once again holding the top speed crown! I highly doubt they'd do it, but that would be awesome.

Great memory! That's interesting! Imagine Lamborghini once again holding the top speed crown! I highly doubt they'd do it, but that would be awesome.

There is a thought, Lambo dresses a Veyron SS as a "Super Lambo" and takes the top speed record for the 50th anniversary, then sells a handfull of them for a shit-ton of money, then Bugatti releases their upcoming 280+ mph "Super Veyron" to recapture the title.

Win-Win for the VW family, the battle is easy if you are competing against yourself!

It will never happen but I can dream!

There is a thought, Lambo dresses a Veyron SS as a "Super Lambo" and takes the top speed record for the 50th anniversary, then sells a handfull of them for a shit-ton of money, then Bugatti releases their upcoming 280+ mph "Super Veyron" to recapture the title.

Win-Win for the VW family, the battle is easy if you are competing against yourself!

It will never happen but I can dream!

HAHA! Cool, but I want it to be all Lamborghini! Like the Aventador. The chassis, engine, and gearbox are all exclusive to that car. I like that.

I think with the right weight savings to the frame and body and some tweaks, I believe the Aventador's engine could take the Veyron on. :tyson:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but technically an LP700 with 20 more hp would be the fastest car Lambo's ever produced (by a small margin) so thats probably it.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but technically an LP700 with 20 more hp would be the fastest car Lambo's ever produced (by a small margin) so thats probably it.

Knowing Lamborghini I am suprised we are getting more than a couple stickers on a stock LP700 for the 50th...

Knowing Lamborghini I am suprised we are getting more than a couple stickers on a stock LP700 for the 50th...

True! It all depends on if Lamborghini wants to try to steal the show from Ferrari and McLaren.

If they didn't mention Geneva, I would think that they were showing a slightly bumped Aventador (as you've suggested). But the stakes are high at Geneva. Last year, Lamborghini stole the show with the Aventador J. If they do that again this year it will be a huge achievement considering McLaren and Ferrari are unveiling their halo cars. They mentioned 1 of 10, so I bet it is pretty serious. I look forward to seeing all these cars!

*before anyone corrects me. The P1 is being shown for the first time as a rolling car. Everything we have seen to date is a cool looking and nicely painted body with no engine, transmission, etc.

The MP4-12C is a quicker car than the Aventador on the road and on the track (as well as against its direct rivals), more comfortable too. Even on a short acceleration burst it is significantly quicker than a 458. With that in mind, the P1 is going to be goddamn epic. 5 times the downforce of the 12C at only 130 mph, braking from carbon carbon brakes, electronics that will certainly be insane, KERS, active suspension, 2800 lb, and 900+ hp.

Forget the Huayra, this is in another ballpark. For the 50th Anniversary Lambo to even come close to stealing the thunder of the P1 and Ferrari, it's going to need an 850 hp NA V12. Or a 800 hp V12 with KERS like the Ferrari. And it's going to need aero that at least is half that of the P1, and with styling that is jawdropping.

It's always more difficult to impress the guys who have petrol running through their veins but don't forget they are the minority, the greater majority will be impressed by jaw dropping design and that's what Lambo does better than anyone else, that's all it takes to steal anyone's thunder :icon_mrgreen:

It's always more difficult to impress the guys who have petrol running through their veins but don't forget they are the minority, the greater majority will be impressed by jaw dropping design and that's what Lambo does better than anyone else, that's all it takes to steal anyone's thunder :icon_mrgreen:

Very good point. :iamwithstupid:

The MP4-12C is a quicker car than the Aventador on the road and on the track

Not true. I have driven both. The MP4 is fast as hell, but not as fast as the Aventador.

(as well as against its direct rivals), more comfortable too. Even on a short acceleration burst it is significantly quicker than a 458.

Yes, the MP4 is noticeably faster than the 458 and 570SL. It is also the newest release and having the hardest time on the resale market. Why? See Fortis' response below. The MP4 doesn't look as attractive as the 10 year old Gallardo.

With that said, I am interested in the MP4 spider because it is insanely good, the price you can get MP4's for is even more insane, and they are comfortable (I do not like comfort, but since my wife is having a baby in April she would probably enjoy it this summer... although yesterday she had a great time in the SV and asked me to "keep driving" :icon_super: )

With that in mind, the P1 is going to be goddamn epic. 5 times the downforce of the 12C at only 130 mph, braking from carbon carbon brakes, electronics that will certainly be insane, KERS, active suspension, 2800 lb, and 900+ hp.

The P1 will be insane. Other then Jota, who is the man, not many buyers want it for the slight differences that they cannot achieve as drivers. The exclusivity and the passion is more important then ever in this segment. I was thinking about the P1, till I heard they are making 500... that is more than the Ferrari will make and unlike Ferrari, McLaren's latest models are not in demand.

Very good point. :iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

I hope all the brands do well with their hypercars. I want to see more of them!

The Mp4 and Aventador are too close to call on which one is faster, the MP4 is quite a bit less expensive, the Aventador looks better. They arent in direct competition to each other anyways. That being said, the MP4 is the best car in its segment. It is a lot of car and techology for the money, and Mclaren's level of service is far beyond its competitors. How well its doing on the resale market has more to do with how many they made and Mclaren not being a big brand yet. The Gallardos havent held their value at all either (very similar to the Mp4s). At the end of the day, Ferrari and Lamborghini will be forced to step up their game because of the Mp4, and that will make everything better!

Have you driven an updated MP4-12C? It's much faster than the first ones. A stock Mp4-12C that isn't upgraded does 60-130 mph in 7 seconds at altitude.

The Ferrari is also rumored to have 500 cars. So, yeah.

There's no such thing as exclusivity these days

The Mp4 and Aventador are too close to call on which one is faster, the MP4 is quite a bit less expensive, the Aventador looks better. They arent in direct competition to each other anyways. That being said, the MP4 is the best car in its segment. It is a lot of car and techology for the money, and Mclaren's level of service is far beyond its competitors. How well its doing on the resale market has more to do with how many they made and Mclaren not being a big brand yet. The Gallardos havent held their value at all either (very similar to the Mp4s). At the end of the day, Ferrari and Lamborghini will be forced to step up their game because of the Mp4, and that will make everything better!

Great points. The MP4 is AMAZING! I am not knocking what it brings to the table. I agree that it is forcing the other brands to raise their game when it comes to performance in that segment. I hope to own an MP4 spider soon! :icon_thumleft:

It is a shame that McLaren struggled in their first and second year of production. I applaud them for responding to criticism and adjusting quickly. The Gallardo's are selling low, but no lower than the McLaren and the G is a decade old.

The Aventador is in its 3rd model year and its still on back order for 2 years. But like you said, they are not direct competition.

McLaren is making the right moves to keep the customers happy and attract new ones. The dealer network is doing a great job. Yes they made too many coupes in year one, but Ferrari made just as many 458's in year 1, 2, and 3. McLaren needs more focus on making the brand more desirable. It takes great looks, and unique styling. 1+2 seating with central driving position like the F1 would go a long way to getting them there. The P1 has the looks!

Have you driven an updated MP4-12C? It's much faster than the first ones. A stock Mp4-12C that isn't upgraded does 60-130 mph in 7 seconds at altitude.

The Ferrari is also rumored to have 500 cars. So, yeah.

There's no such thing as exclusivity these days

Ferrari selling 500 is like Lambo and McLaren selling 100. Ferrari gets that much of an advantage out of the gate. The MP4's I have been in feel fast as hell. Maybe it is because its delivery of the power so smooth, but it didn't feel as fast as the 700 or the 670. Don't get me wrong, it was close. It doesn't feel slow. I would not feel it needs more power! It is a monster!

I hope and think the P1 will sell out (if it hasn't already). I just wish it was a more limited production. I would want one. That thing looks insane! Maybe on the resale market.

Not true. I have driven both. The MP4 is fast as hell, but not as fast as the Aventador.

Yes, the MP4 is noticeably faster than the 458 and 570SL. It is also the newest release and having the hardest time on the resale market. Why? See Fortis' response below. The MP4 doesn't look as attractive as the 10 year old Gallardo.

I know what you meant, however you are mixing up your terms. Quick and fast have different connotations. Quick refers to acceleration and fast refers to speed typically top speed.

I know what you meant, however you are mixing up your terms. Quick and fast have different connotations. Quick refers to acceleration and fast refers to speed typically top speed.

In that case, I felt the 700 was quicker than the MP4. I will never know which has a higher top speed from my own experience, but the manufacturers claims have the Aventador with a higher top speed. I don't care at all about top speeds since I will never do them.

You may have felt the Aventador was quicker due to the corsa shifts, but it isn't. not to mention, any driving that includes corners. I don't understand your statement about the ferrari exclusivity vs mclaren exclusivity. No one knows how desirable each car will be.