The fastest Lamborghini for Geneva 2013

dyvatvol15

Talk about a thread going off track lol . Isn't this supposed to be about Lambo's fastest car?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a thread going off track lol . Isn't this supposed to be about Lambo's fastest car?

:icon_mrgreen: The other top cars coming to Geneva are relevant, but the MP4, 458 and Gallardo are not.... noted. Back to the mysterious "fastest Lamborghini!" :icon_thumleft:

:icon_mrgreen: The other top cars coming to Geneva are relevant, but the MP4, 458 and Gallardo are not.... noted. Back to the mysterious "fastest Lamborghini!" :icon_thumleft:

WHere's our 007. He'll break the info here before it comes public.

If it's a slightly rebodied Aventador with 10 hp more I'll be very disappoint.

Isn't it just their limited (to 3 units) Aventador with the wild J style body kit and massive rear wing and +40 BHP

My prediction for Geneva.

Aventador

coupe

730bhp (40 increase over 690 standard)

lots of carbon

100 Kg to 120 Kg weight reduction over standard

225mph

Special one off paint. Only available in this colour. My guess it will be a pearl or multi layer royal blue.

50 units worldwide

The name will have 50 in the title.

There might be a roadster version as well. In which case 50 of each. Roadster would be in one colour only, again unique and also different to the coupe.

SV will come along several years later at 770bhp - badged LP780 - SV or something similar

Time will tell.

Seen all of those and the MP4-12C updated is much much quicker than the old ones shown here (not to mention the Aventador got the jump in both the UAE vids).

Nutcase has both and the McLaren is quicker.

I really believe this limited 50th year anniversary Lambo should be an ultimate halo car. I'm hoping for pushrod active suspension, 800 hp NA V12 and a redesigned full carbon fiber body with lots of aero. Car should be around 3000 lb realistically.

Seen all of those and the MP4-12C updated is much much quicker than the old ones shown here (not to mention the Aventador got the jump in both the UAE vids).

Nutcase has both and the McLaren is quicker.

I really believe this limited 50th year anniversary Lambo should be an ultimate halo car. I'm hoping for pushrod active suspension, 800 hp NA V12 and a redesigned full carbon fiber body with lots of aero. Car should be around 3000 lb realistically.

Not going to happen. 3000lbs is completely unrealistic without attaching a stratospheric price to the car. I hear around 720hp, they have to leave room for further hp increases.

Not even close! The MP4 cannot hold a candle to the N/A exhaust note of the 458 or the Aventador! Used car values reflect its lack of desirability in the market place.

Given there is a 50th anniversary Aventador to be shown at Geneva, I would hypothesize that the 50th anniversary Lambo would be totally different from the Aventador. The P1 and F150 will be hard to unseat at the show, IMO. But I do hope Lambo knocks our socks off!

Accelerator, just out of curiosity, do you own a MP4 or involved with selling them?

I just wonder where your knowledge comes from.

Accelerator, just out of curiosity, do you own a MP4 or involved with selling them?

I just wonder where your knowledge comes from.

:jerry: :icon_mrgreen:

Great points. The MP4 is AMAZING! I am not knocking what it brings to the table. I agree that it is forcing the other brands to raise their game when it comes to performance in that segment. I hope to own an MP4 spider soon! :icon_thumleft:

It is a shame that McLaren struggled in their first and second year of production. I applaud them for responding to criticism and adjusting quickly. The Gallardo's are selling low, but no lower than the McLaren and the G is a decade old.

The Aventador is in its 3rd model year and its still on back order for 2 years. But like you said, they are not direct competition.

McLaren is making the right moves to keep the customers happy and attract new ones. The dealer network is doing a great job. Yes they made too many coupes in year one, but Ferrari made just as many 458's in year 1, 2, and 3. McLaren needs more focus on making the brand more desirable. It takes great looks, and unique styling. 1+2 seating with central driving position like the F1 would go a long way to getting them there. The P1 has the looks!

Ferrari selling 500 is like Lambo and McLaren selling 100. Ferrari gets that much of an advantage out of the gate. The MP4's I have been in feel fast as hell. Maybe it is because its delivery of the power so smooth, but it didn't feel as fast as the 700 or the 670. Don't get me wrong, it was close. It doesn't feel slow. I would not feel it needs more power! It is a monster!

I hope and think the P1 will sell out (if it hasn't already). I just wish it was a more limited production. I would want one. That thing looks insane! Maybe on the resale market.

An Sv will get dusted by the Mp4.. And with the software upgrade the Aventador loses aswell. Even without the software update, after drag racing both his Aventador and Mp4 ( without the software upgrade) Nutcase managed better times in his Mp4.

An Sv will get dusted by the Mp4.. And with the software upgrade the Aventador loses aswell. Even without the software update, after drag racing both his Aventador and Mp4 ( without the software upgrade) Nutcase managed better times in his Mp4.

Honestly, I don't care. They are all fast, quick, etc. I don't want to get involved in a pissing contest over which insanely fast car is faster. I have driven them all and I think the SV (tune and exhaust) is much quicker then both, then the Aventador followed by the MP4. But I didn't vbox or anything and I could be wrong. And if I am, I don't care. They are all fast enough. I care about how they feel. Coincidently, I like them in the order I perceive their quickness.

As LPDADDY suggested, lets get back on topic.

Honestly, I don't care. They are all fast, quick, etc. I don't want to get involved in a pissing contest over which insanely fast car is faster. I have driven them all and I think the SV (tune and exhaust) is much quicker then both, then the Aventador followed by the MP4. But I didn't vbox or anything and I could be wrong. And if I am, I don't care. They are all fast enough. I care about how they feel. Coincidently, I like them in the order I perceive their quickness.

As LPDADDY suggested, lets get back on topic.

Hey im with you.. personally not a fan of the MP4. I know it drives good.. but id take a 458 or Gallardo anyday, let alone an Sv or Aventador.

Alln just outta curiosity, why don't you prefer the Aventador? What do you not like about it?

I like the Aventador... I just dont think they built enough of a performance advantage into it.. Also, I was never a huge fan of the Reventon and it has many bits ad pieces from that car.. The interior is what I find most strange about the car.. the length of the dash then the front window give a very odd driving position. I like the car.. but dont lust after it.. I do however really like the DMC version.

Just seen in person ONE of the new Lamborghini there will be at Geneva show: a light yellow (lemon color) Aventador with bigger front spoiler, bigger rear diffuser, some difference in the upper part of front lid (F117 type edge cut). Black front spoiler, black rear diffuser, black engine cover. Rims look a bit different too, but here i'm not sure: they are silver but look a bit different from the standard ones.

A very good looking car, very aggressive: reminds the LP670 SV tuning mods versus the standard LP640, but this 50th Aventator does not have a fixed rear wing, looks to have the standard retractile rear wing.

There will ANOTHER new car, a concept.

ciao