They should give this guy a medal, not murder charges

Destructo

One thing I don't get...in the article it says his son Caleb sustained critical injuries and died at the hospital (RIP). Did he leave the scene with his son in critical condition in order to return to the house for the weapon?

I'm not going to comment on whether he should have shot the guy, but if the above is the case, then it was NO time for revenge.

He has two other kids he needs to think about...

If someone killed my kid(s) I would not be able to think of anything other then taking their life. There is no way I could stop myself from retaliating in that situation.

Obvious smell can be quite obvious.

:lol2:

i honestly think that the drunk driver deserved it..i hate drunk drivers to the core..maybe because I don't drink..so i don't understand what drunk drivers feel when they feel the need to drive while drunk..

the father did what he had to do...

If someone killed my kid(s) I would not be able to think of anything other then taking their life. There is no way I could stop myself from retaliating in that situation.

:iamwithstupid:

fcuk, I can't even and don't want to, imagine...

:iamwithstupid:

I've got no time for drunk drivers. I honestly don't care if it was right or wrong. Guy got what was coming to him. END OF STORY.

One thing I don't get...in the article it says his son Caleb sustained critical injuries and died at the hospital (RIP). Did he leave the scene with his son in critical condition in order to return to the house for the weapon?

Yes, he did.

I think we're arguing a moot point. The driver just killed his kids. Drunk, not drunk- the father couldn't care less. I know my pops wouldn't.

He has two other kids he needs to think about...

Exactly! He instantly also ruined the life of his other kids!

And what if the driver was not drunk? What if it was just simple human error? Would it still be okay for him to kill the driver?

Exactly! He instantly also ruined the life of his other kids!

And what if the driver was not drunk? What if it was just simple human error? Would it still be okay for him to kill the driver?

Ok, not that I am 100% in agreement with his actions (don't know what I would do, although it may have been worse), what if he was texting when he hit them. What if he was smoking and dropped ash in his lap or his eye. What if he was unwrapping his cheeseburger from Rotten Ronnies and plowed them. Fact of the matter is, likely, this was not an "accident" per se. This was gross negligence that he paid the ultimate pricetag for. If people thought for one second that they could die or be killed due to their grossly incompetent actions, I could almost guarantee things like this would happen at a rate far far less than they do. I am not saying that this is what should happen by any means, but hopefully it makes the useless fucks that drive drunk have a rude awakening. If you have ever been party to a street racing thread on this forum, the point that I always make is "what if you hit my wife's Honda Oddessy mini van and killed her and my now, as of two weeks ago, three kids"... I would hunt you down, be sure of it, as I would be left with not much else to live for.

Ok, not that I am 100% in agreement with his actions (don't know what I would do, although it may have been worse), what if he was texting when he hit them. What if he was smoking and dropped ash in his lap or his eye. What if he was unwrapping his cheeseburger from Rotten Ronnies and plowed them. Fact of the matter is, likely, this was not an "accident" per se. This was gross negligence that he paid the ultimate pricetag for. If people thought for one second that they could die or be killed due to their grossly incompetent actions, I could almost guarantee things like this would happen at a rate far far less than they do. I am not saying that this is what should happen by any means, but hopefully it makes the useless fucks that drive drunk have a rude awakening. If you have ever been party to a street racing thread on this forum, the point that I always make is "what if you hit my wife's Honda Oddessy mini van and killed her and my now, as of two weeks ago, three kids"... I would hunt you down, be sure of it, as I would be left with not much else to live for.

The only thing we don't know is anything about the road they were on and the posted speed limit. Disabled vehicles on a roadway are VERY dangerous. Unless it's an intersection where you are already slowing it's very difficult. Lets say you are going 40mph around a blind curve and there is a truck there being pushed. You get lucky if you can stop in time. There are NUMEROUS instances where police on the side of the road or disabled vehicles on the side of the road have been hit, let alone one in the road.

Ok, not that I am 100% in agreement with his actions (don't know what I would do, although it may have been worse), what if he was texting when he hit them. What if he was smoking and dropped ash in his lap or his eye. What if he was unwrapping his cheeseburger from Rotten Ronnies and plowed them. Fact of the matter is, likely, this was not an "accident" per se. This was gross negligence that he paid the ultimate pricetag for.

His BAC was twice the legal limit. He should not have been behind the wheel of a car.

If you have ever been party to a street racing thread on this forum, the point that I always make is "what if you hit my wife's Honda Oddessy mini van and killed her and my now, as of two weeks ago, three kids"...

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY!

Thanks man, she is beautiful! My wife makes good looking kids, so does the Dad, whomever he may be :icon_mrgreen: I kid, they are both great.

Thanks man, she is beautiful! My wife makes good looking kids, so does the Dad, whomever he may be :icon_mrgreen: I kid, they are both great.

Hahaha. That is awesome. My wife and kids joined me for lunch today at work and everyone was all like "aww your kids are cute...who is the dad!" Got to love co-workers.

Hahaha. That is awesome. My wife and kids joined me for lunch today at work and everyone was all like "aww your kids are cute...who is the dad!" Got to love co-workers.

Perfect! Gotta have a sense of humor, especially with kids.

Roadside safety is something that needs more attention. Always pull off the freeway or major roadway if at all possible. If not, make yourself as visible as possible and call for help - preferably a police car or tow truck with big flashing lights. Roadsides are extremely dangerous - hence the new 'Slow Down, Move Over' laws in California and other states (even flashing, emergency vehicles aren't safe from distracted or drunk drivers). There's nothing except a painted line and a few feet separating you from multiple oncoming vehicles at high rates of speed.

As for this dad, its hard not to feel bad for him, but as the dad I would probably be more satisfied watching the drunk driver get arrested and go away for ever. A gunshot to the head is too easy. Not to mention, the father has ruined his life and the life of his wife and remaining kids...sad all around. Drunk drivers suck.

edit: 5,000 deaths/year; 60,000 injuries/year (car vs. peds)

• 1 year later...