Thinking Road trip

topcabron

If you are going to OH, you need to swing by MN first. If you do/can make it May 4th or June 1st. I bet Scotty is willing to meet you here. :)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to OH, you need to swing by MN first. If you do/can make it May 4th or June 1st. I bet Scotty is willing to meet you here. :)

Would do it! :icon_super:

• 2 weeks later...

this is what I have so far as a suggested route. Its 4000 miles round trip.

Need help.

High points: Southern California

California coast

San Francisco

Napa

Northern California Coast

Inland Oregon

Seattle

Inland Washington

Salt Lake City

Moab

Vegas

post-9296-1364656382_thumb.png

HI , If it was me I would hang a right at Utah, and head over to Esters Park in Colorado, I visited in 1988, well worth the visit up to the look out at the top of Esters park you are something like 5 miles up awesome views, and a great drive through the mountains, Especially in a Countach highly recommended and I am from New Zealand, where all our South Island mountain views are just breath taking.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60945-...-Vacations.html

Or leave the car in the shed and come visit New Zealand

http://experiencequeenstown.com/

Hmmm. Why not keep going East to take on Montana (Montana's beauty is overwhelming and rarely mentioned) and then head south to cross through Colorado's amazing vistas en route to Utah. The Rockies should definitely be crossed in a Countach.

I would highly recommend you do it. Long road trips in special cars are unforgettable. Looks like a great route...I've done Vancouver to palm springs and back in my Viper and had a blast. Stay off the freeways, enjoy the coast...take lots of pictures!

I agree with others that said hit Colorado. The Million Dollar Highway runs through the most amazing scenery CO has to offer and it is only a 3 hour drive from Moab, UT. Google Million Dollar Highway and you will see what I mean.

I think you're out of your fcuking mind.

:iamwithstupid:

Wait till he is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in Cali for hours on end...

:iamwithstupid:

Wait till he is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in Cali for hours on end...

That will be the worst part of the trip, Scottsdale to so. Cal. I will have to plan it strategically. I am crazy, but who the fcuk cares.

That will be the worst part of the trip, Scottsdale to so. Cal. I will have to plan it strategically. I am crazy, but who the fcuk cares.

It will be interesting to say the least.. You better plan accordingly to travel at night through L.A.... Then get a hotel, travel the scenic roads by day,, and back on the highway at night..

It will be interesting to say the least.. You better plan accordingly to travel at night through L.A.... Then get a hotel, travel the scenic roads by day,, and back on the highway at night..

......and sleep?

Late night that is... I have my ct serviced in van nuys and even on saturday morning on the 101 gives you a sweat box workout.. Before that, I serviced my ct in san diego... 2 hours into driving the car and eventually you will get tired quickly from any type of traffic.

Late night that is... I have my ct serviced in van nuys and even on saturday morning on the 101 gives you a sweat box workout.. Before that, I serviced my ct in san diego... 2 hours into driving the car and eventually you will get tired quickly from any type of traffic.

Francos? I have a office by there and saw a white QV on a rear floor jack for months, yours by chance? I drooled all over it.

Francos? I have a office by there and saw a white QV on a rear floor jack for months, yours by chance? I drooled all over it.

nope thats not mine. My car was and has not been in that state of repair...lol but there are lots of ct going in and out of there. I even saw the original ct from the alpine poster which is now yellow and with diablo style leather interior.... Pretty interesting place.

nope thats not mine. My car was and has not been in that state of repair...lol but there are lots of ct going in and out of there. I even saw the original ct from the alpine poster which is now yellow and with diablo style leather interior.... Pretty interesting place.

Thanks for sharing. Love that place

My car, two owners ago spent some time there at Francos. All i can say is that the previous owner that had work done there had to eventually have it all redone somewhere else. From that i would suggest not going there. Of course this was back in the 90's.