Aventador Software Update + Dione Wheels + Wrap

RaginBull

I got my Aventador wrapped for the 50th Anniversary Event by Detailing Dynamics. I went with them since I think they've done an excellent job with Team Salamone's Aventador and all the others I've seen. Eddie and I discussed styles, lines, ideas and materials. He did photoshop mock-ups till I was 100% happy and then I sent him my car. I cannot begin to sing his praises enough. He did an excellent job, he is a great person to work with, 100% class act and has an attention to detail that is mental. :headbang: I am happy to know him.

The wrap came out awesome. While visiting to see my car's progress, there happened to be a brand new 2013 Argos Aventador in for a clear wrap. At that moment I realized how much more I liked my new look over its original color. It was really neat to get to see the before-and-after in real life like that. I went there planning to just do a wrap for the event. Now, it is how I want my car to stay. I plan to never remove this wrap (if I do it will only be so Eddie can freshen it up with the same materials and look if it needs it). The one thing I did realize while comparing my wrapped 2012 to the 2013 Argos was how much better the Dione wheels would suit my Aventador's new look. So, I ordered them immediately.

Before departing for Geneva, I dropped my Aventador off at FC Kerbeck for its routine service. They also installed the Dione wheels while it was there. The head tech called me to discuss the new software updates and minor recall items that were due. He did an absolutely amazing job with my service and the install of the Dione wheels. I picked it up earlier today!

On my ride home I immediately noticed how nicely it auto shifts in strada now. Totally useable for traffic and very different then it was. I have always referred to strada as, "The Mode That's Only There To Pass Emissions," but now it is actually a nice driving mode. I flipped it in to manual and it was even better. Between the Dione wheels and the new software it feels like a new car that still has the essence of the Aventador... Just with all the little things sorted out.

I had to get to a meeting but when I returned home I went for another drive.

Sport mode is a lot smoother too but it still has the excitement. The shifts in all modes feel faster then ever. Corsa, at full throttle shifting (thankfully) still has the neck breaker effect! If you choose to let off or shift a little earlier then redline it is much smoother then before.

All around, the car feels totally worked out! The 2013's have a softer suspension but I am definitely not interested in that. Any softer and it would feel too soft for me, but I am sure many other people will like it. I took my wife for a drive and she said the car is much, much more comfortable now. She noticed a huge difference. She said she will enjoy it a lot more now. And I am still happy with its rawness. That is a very hard balance to find. I am very impressed with Lamborghini's software update and the Dione wheels. It definitely drives better.

I will post pics up of my wrap during and after the 50th Event. Till then, I will keep in under "wraps." boom-boom-tish! Besides, it goes out tomorrow for the carbon fiber additions (all aluminum interior parts will now be carbon fiber). Then, with the wrap, the wheels, and the update, my car is how I want it. I still need the exhaust sorted out and one piece of carbon fiber for the exterior that isn't available yet.

I highly recommend all Aventador owners get the software update and I thank FC Kerbeck and Detailing Dynamics for doing such a wonderful job with my car. :icon_super:

Looking forward to seeing the wrap! TeamSalamone's turned out very nice. That 50th trip is going to be epic! Glad you're bringing all the GoPros. Will be like being there lol

Looking forward to seeing the wrap! TeamSalamone's turned out very nice. That 50th trip is going to be epic! Glad you're bringing all the GoPros. Will be like being there lol

Thank You! I hope I can get some of these cameras on a few other cars. I have so many and they do not adhere to the wrap! There are a few select places I can put them, but not as many as I wanted to.

:zthread needs pics:

I agree!

Soon enough!

:iamwithstupid: :icon_mrgreen:

looking forward to seeing the car !

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Thanks fellas. I will post pics during the 50th event.

I agree the new Dione wheels make the Aventador a lot less slab sided. Huge improvement.

I still love the original wheels. If I kept my car orange, I would have stayed with the originals. I like the less eye catching original wheels better on the orange. The Dione wheels grab your attention more, but they also fit the look of the car much better with my wrap.

Kris

You did what!!!???

Look forward to seeing it

Thanks! I am very happy with it! I look forward to sharing it.

I've seen it and it looks fantastic. :eusa_dance:

Glad you got the Roadster wheels, they definitely look better than stocks.

That's right! You saw it at Detailing Synamics before I did! lol. Thanks Hovik!

I have seen it too, and it looks amazing. Congrats Kris, cant wait to check out an updated Aventador!

Thanks Aaron! I really think you will love the updates. I texted you as I was switching cars to head to a meeting. I really think it will work for you. I look forward to your review when you drive one with the updates. :icon_thumleft:

Awesome stuff Kris !!!!! looking forward to seeing it

I was pleasently suprised how good my car rides, very comfortable while cruising.

Kris, if I get my patents done soon, I will ship you a box of my new "Hero Arms"mounts a buddy of mine and I designed. They will give you some new angels that were unachievable with the old ones and do not break like the plastic ones.

Great writeup Kris, can't wait to see the car and some videos! Enjoy your trip!

Thank You! I am sure we will have a lot of videos and pics from the Anniversary event.

Looking forward to seeing it in Italy :icon_thumleft:

Likewise! Thanks! :icon_thumleft:

PIc???

May 7th :icon_super:

Awesome stuff Kris !!!!! looking forward to seeing it

I was pleasently suprised how good my car rides, very comfortable while cruising.

I am glad you are enjoying it! I look forward to seeing your car in person. It is my favorite color combo on the Aventador! :icon_thumleft:

Kris, if I get my patents done soon, I will ship you a box of my new "Hero Arms"mounts a buddy of mine and I designed. They will give you some new angels that were unachievable with the old ones and do not break like the plastic ones.

Thanks Scotty! I would love to hear more about it and check it out!

I just sent my Aventador for the carbon fiber install. It was home for about 18 hours. I should have it back on Tuesday. We are hard mounting two interior gopros inside the car.

Very nice! Excited to see your design! I plan on doing something with my G to commemorate the 50th as well.

Very nice! Excited to see your design! I plan on doing something with my G to commemorate the 50th as well.

The wrap has been a great experience. I am very happy that I chose to send it to Detailing Dynamics. I have spent a lot in towing it there and back, but well worth it. Eddie is great to work with. He and his team do such great work, it doesn't get any better.

I am interested to see what you do with your car! Its a lot of fun.

WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!! ;)

Can't wait to see the wrap and how it looks with the new wheels.

Thanks! Pics coming May 7th! My car is getting carbon fiber now, then I get it back early next week, then I drop it off for shipping to Italy on Thursday. I won't get to spend any time with it till I meet it in Italy!

Your car looks Awesome... Love the design of the wrap...

Good choice of colors..!

How expensive was the Dione wheel package???

Good choice of colors..!

Did you read the thread AT ALL?

Good choice of colors..!

Thanks Sal! We have a few mutual friends who keep telling me I have to meet you. Hopefully soon!

I don't remember the price of the Dione wheels. I ordered a bunch of stuff at the same time and it was a month ago. At the time we went through the order line-by-line, but I can't remember now.

Did you read the thread AT ALL?

I believe Sal saw my car while it was in service at FC Kerbeck. They were very cool about keeping it hidden inside so no one would see my wrap, apart from a few friends. Bob (head tech) speaks very highly of Sal.