Something horrible has happened at the boston marathon

Roman

We had to do that... And everything he was saying was lies and self serving anyway...

Reports say that the FBI was part-way and 16 hours into their interrogation before his Miranda rights were read to him. Wasn't he still under the 'public safety' exception?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports say that the FBI was part-way and 16 hours into their interrogation before his Miranda rights were read to him. Wasn't he still under the 'public safety' exception?

Who knows? Nowhere is it written that "The fourth amendment kicks back in after X number of minutes pass"....

Its an opinion call, and somebody has to make it... Ultimately the nine people who's opinion really matters on the subject, can't be asked... So you have to make a guess... There has to be an IMMINENT public threat. And as time goes by, IMMINENT becomes the operative word.

ME? I say the Public Safety exception expired within hours of him being arrested... Sometime that friday night... MAYBE Saturday morning if I want to be extra cheeky... Monday afternoon? That's a difficult one to argue.

The fact that one has to mention the 'FBI's investigation' and how far into it they were, indicates that the argument is on weak footing... The exception isn't so they can conduct a thorough investigation. The exception is so they can find out "are there other bombs out there? How about guns?" and if they want the answers to fall under the exception, they better ask those questions FIRST... Within the first minute of talking to him.

And the fact that no other bombs or guns have been found a week later pretty much indicate (albeit in hindsight, but that's what Courts get to use) there was no further imminent threat.

According to that article those friends KNEW their friend was involved in the bombing and had murdered innocent people, found the bag of empty fireworks in his dorm room and knew that they had been emptied of gunpowder for the bombs, and still decided to try and help him get away with it by throwing away the evidence (removing the bag, throwing out his laptop, etc.). Since hoping for the death penalty is probably wishful thinking, I hope they get thrown under the jail for the rest of their miserable lives!

• 2 months later...
Rolling Stone has really dropped their standards for getting the cover. Terrorists can now get the cover of Rolling Stone....unlike Rolling Stone writers, I don't have anything clever or snarky to say, I am just speechless.

Rolling Stone has really dropped their standards for getting the cover. Terrorists can now get the cover of Rolling Stone....unlike Rolling Stone writers, I don't have anything clever or snarky to say, I am just speechless.

Rolling Stone is a joke, have been since nearly its inception. I'm not surprised they pulled this stunt. How else does one keep relevant and in the spotlight?

• 6 months later...

Just retread the whole thread. Damn. We were on the top of our game for this one.

• 2 months later...

1 year anniversary today. RIP to those who died and thoughts and prayers to those who survived and are recovering.

1 year anniversary today. RIP to those who died and thoughts and prayers to those who survived and are recovering.

I dont see the news saying much about the people killed including the little boy,..seems all about the wounded, sad day around to all that were impacted.....

I dont see the news saying much about the people killed including the little boy,..seems all about the wounded, sad day around to all that were impacted.....

Agreed. I can't imagine losing a child let alone in that way.

Mass has not carried out an execution since 1947. Should bring him to Texas. We have not carried one out since probably lunch time yesterday.

:icon_mrgreen:

And... They've evacuated the streets because somebody left a backpack unattended and a crazy guy went running down the street screaming stuff.

That motherfcuker should be shot for doing that! Make an example for once..... Think about what that does to each of the victims families. What a piece of shit.

That motherfcuker should be shot for doing that! Make an example for once..... Think about what that does to each of the victims families. What a piece of shit.

He had a pressure cooker in his backpack...

Oh dear, this is the guy that did the bomb hoax. Calls himself a performance artists...

What he hopes will happen no, cause if the Bostonians get ahold of him it's all over. Yes this is his vid too, I don't even.

Seems like some kid with mental issues that watched too many early John Waters films.

Oh dear, this is the guy that did the bomb hoax. Calls himself a performance artists...

What he hopes will happen no, cause if the Bostonians get ahold of him it's all over. Yes this is his vid too, I don't even.

Seems like some kid with mental issues that watched too many early John Waters films.

I dont know... Ive always thought that "artist" is one of those job titles others have to bestow on you. He can call himself whatever he wants, but hes no fcuking artist. Performance or otherwise.

Just shoot him.

:iamwithstupid:

That was one time I was thankful that my wife didn't qualify for Boston. Yesterday was tough, prayers out to everyone who was affected by what happened...