Something horrible has happened at the boston marathon

Roman

As RD said they probably did not mirandize him because they needed him to talk. They need him to say if there are bombs elsewhere. This is for the public's safety. So therefore he cannot remain silent. RD if I have said this wrong please correct me. I do not think the issue we should be worried about is if we are mirandized, the issue I'm more concerned with is NDAA. Being detained indefinitely with no probable cause or trial

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear. I wish no ill will towards him....I do wish to full weight of justice prevails and we see him strapped to the table weighting for his lethal injection.

As an American Citizen I can sleep better tonight knowing that the government can't just decide to treat me as an enemy combatant because they feel like it.

As RD said they probably did not mirandize him because they needed him to talk. They need him to say if there are bombs elsewhere. This is for the public's safety. So therefore he cannot remain silent. RD if I have said this wrong please correct me. I do not think the issue we should be worried about is if we are mirandized, the issue I'm more concerned with is NDAA. Being detained indefinitely with no probable cause or trial

Youre right... BUT....

That exigency doesn't last forever... As time (minutes and maybe even hours) goes by, the threat posed by remaining devices lessons... There is still a threat of co-conspirators, but even that becomes less IMMEDIATE... The public safety exception is about IMMEDIATE, IMMINENT DANGER...

The flip side is, The penalty for NOT reading him his rights, if a court later rules we waited too long, is we cant use those statements against him.... My gut tells me we dont NEED him to confess to convict him... So any intel we can gather is worth not being able to use against him...

Bingo. The show of force they have covered. It's the actually grunt work of investigating the claim. But who's to say they don't get 100's a day that they can't possibly investigate. I'm sure the sheet logistics if staggering. No excuse though.

No doubt the FBI/DHS gets lots of tips about potential terrorists, but from what I can tell getting a direct contact about a specific guy from Russia is pretty unusual. This guy should have gone to the top of some list and stayed there for a while, not been investigated once and dropped. Of course it didn't help that they didn't connect his 6 month trip to Bombmakeristan back to his profile, apparently because someone misspelled his name on the airline documents. :eusa_wall: Also read earlier that BPD is now looking into whether he may have been involved in the triple homicide involving his "friend" and two others a couple of years ago. Initial reports seemed to speculate the friend's murder may have been a trigger for his rage, but apparently there is now suspicion he could have been involved. Vics had their throats cut and were found with marijuana sprinkled all over them.

No doubt the FBI/DHS gets lots of tips about potential terrorists, but from what I can tell getting a direct contact about a specific guy from Russia is pretty unusual. This guy should have gone to the top of some list and stayed there for a while, not been investigated once and dropped. Of course it didn't help that they didn't connect his 6 month trip to Bombmakeristan back to his profile, apparently because someone misspelled his name on the airline documents. :eusa_wall: Also read earlier that BPD is now looking into whether he may have been involved in the triple homicide involving his "friend" and two others a couple of years ago. Initial reports seemed to speculate the friend's murder may have been a trigger for his rage, but apparently there is now suspicion he could have been involved. Vics had their throats cut and were found with marijuana sprinkled all over them.

Yeah... We were stymied by a typo.... I guess all that crap Jason Bourne/ David Webb/ John Michael Cane or whatever his name was was a waste of time... He could have just called himself David Web and the trail would have gone ice cold.

Yeah... We were stymied by a typo.... I guess all that crap Jason Bourne/ David Webb/ John Michael Cane or whatever his name was was a waste of time... He could have just called himself David Web and the trail would have gone ice cold.

Crazy isn't it? I understand how tying together info on lots of people with alphabet soup names could be difficult, but you aren't supposed to be able to board an airliner unless the name on your ticket matches the name on your ID exactly. It appears that Janet's system didn't "work" this time.

Crazy isn't it? I understand how tying together info on lots of people with alphabet soup names could be difficult, but you aren't supposed to be able to board an airliner unless the name on your ticket matches the name on your ID exactly. It appears that Janet's system didn't "work" this time.

Just think what super secret spy terrorists with high quality passports and multiple aliases can get by us...

Wow. I think I saw the super deadly "cooler on the roof" from the radio.

So... I can't tell. Did they go into each home?

The BETTER have gone into EVERY home, or they have some 'splainin to do. That would make it more of a "random" search than a "house to house" search for a deadly perp.

"Why did you pick my house and not my next door neighbor?"

Ticket name cannot always match passports names. My real name for example uses the letter 'Å' which is usually replaced with 1 or 2 'A's on the airline tickets. Never had any issues, except one time I got stopped by a TSA agent and put to the side because he thought I had tampered with my passport because it didn't have 'real letters'.

Yeah... Anything they found in the searches, wouldnt be directly admissible... But theres no rule that the police have to become deaf dumb and blind after they conduct an illegal search.... I bet they know who all the local stoners are now, and they will have a lot of extra attention now.

I dont like what happened here...

Hey... Congress.... If Friday showed us anything, we have enough swat teams and armoured cars.... We've got that covered... But apparently dropped the ball on following a SOLID INVESTIGATIVE LEAD, that the older brother was dirty.... We need to spend more money on the INVESTIGATORS, and less on the DOORKICKERS.

YES. We don't always agree on everything, but THIS - I agree with.

No. I have only heard of one first hand account of them "forcibly" going into someones home. What happened was they knocked on the door and did not receive an answer, the side door was visibly open and after multiple attempts to contact the home owner via the door bell and heavy knocking they chose to go in to secure the home. The home owner was alone in the basement, and once they spoke with him they simply left.

Everyone I have spoken with has said that they knocked on the door, asked if everything was okay, if the property was secure, and if they should check anything out. Some families had issues getting milk for their infants and the officers brought them some. Overall I have heard of zero complaints from people with first hand experience from Watertown.

That video posted from the group facebook.com/policestateusa seems fishy to me. SOP was to open every trash can and leave them open. Every trash can is left closed :eusa_think:

Also, it was fairly easy for everyone to follow the voluntary lockdown- this was the Friday of April Vacation. The whole state essentially is shut down because school is out for the week, parents are home with their children, or working from home. From an economic perspective, Friday of April Vacation is more like Easter Sunday than Black Friday.

Now, something everyone should watch

This is great to see.

While it will be a long road to recovery and regaining balance, life can go pretty much back to normal. I'm sure this doesn't take away the initial trauma, pain and frustration that amputees must deal with.

I have a good friend who was born with, basically, two stumps. He never knew the difference and, with the aid of modern prosthesis, he grew up as normal as any other kid.

The good thing is that with the effectiveness of modern prosthetics, there are fates far worse than losing your legs.

Sounds like the explosives were made from Fireworks powder.

Sounds like the explosives were made from Fireworks powder.

Russia contacted FBI ‘multiple’ times

Russian authorities alerted the FBI not once but “multiple’’ times over their concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev — including a second time nearly a year after he was first interviewed by FBI agents in Boston — raising new questions about whether the FBI should have focused more attention on the suspected Boston Marathon bomber, according to US senators briefed on the probe Tuesday.

The FBI has previously said it interviewed Tsarnaev in early 2011 after it was initially contacted by the Russians. After that review, the FBI has said, it determined he did not pose a threat.

In a closed briefing on Tuesday, members of the Senate Intelligence Committee learned that Russia alerted the United States about Tsarnaev in “multiple contacts’’ -- including “at least once since October 2011,’’ said Richard Burr, a Republican of North Carolina, speaking with reporters afterward.

Senators said the briefing also revealed failures among federal agencies to share vital information about Tsarnaev, indicating, they said, that the US government still has not established a strong system to “connect the dots’’ about would-be terrorists residing in America more than a decade after 9/11.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/201...lb8N/story.html

New ricin "person of internet interset" is Jason Everett Dutschke of Tupolo MS.

He has a previous arrest for child molestation and knows elvis guy...