RIP LamboGator :(

Chipster

It seems the last 24 hours are filled with bad news. One of our own members, LamboGator (Michael), passed away on April 14th from a massive cerebral stroke. He was only in his 40s and was a big participant in many of the east coast exotic events and Lambo events. I actually shared a hotel room with him at the Baltimore Grand Prix in 2011 and have seen him on many occasions. Many of you who have met him in the last couple of years can attest to Michael being one of the nicest, most genuine people you have come across. Always positive and upbeat and great to be around.

The double whammy is that he was in FL at hospice for his father who passed away that morning. His sister passed along the news this morning. I had just traded some emails with him the last couple weeks passing along my thoughts as he let some of us local guys that he might be out of it for a while supporting and spending time with his father during his final days. Michael was also a doctor and created Cars for Scrubs page on FB and youtube I believe so he did a lot to try to share his automotive passion with the community. My prayers are with his family and friends!

RIP :(

I'll post some more detailed info a little later.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some additional info:

I am sorry that I was not able to reach all of you beforehand.  I am very sad to tell you that my brother, Michael, passed away last night, April 14th, at 10:38 pm (Central Time) from a massive cerebral stroke.  As you all may know, our dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March.  Michael was in Florida at the hospice with our family when he suffered a stroke on the morning that our dad passed away. 

Michael was taken to the ER on Wednesday morning (April 10th) and was able to receive the clot-dissolving medication within 3 hours of the onset, however, due to the size of the clot and the brain damage, the medication did not work.  He was transferred to Sacred Heart Hospital as the stroke continued to progress throughout his entire right hemisphere which paralyzed the left half of his body.  Cerebral edema (swelling) soon followed and his condition became grave on Friday morning (April 12th).  

We were given two options: (1) Surgery, if he survived, would leave him completely paralyzed and dependent on a caregiver for the rest of his life and, (2) Aggressive drug treatment to reduce swelling that may or may not work.  Even if the swelling was reduced, his brain damage was too extensive to leave him with a quality of life that he would want.  Either way, Michael did not have a good chance of survival.  The pressure in his brain from the edema started to affect the part of his brain that regulates heart rate and breathing.  Bottom line: Michael was terminal.  The only thing they could do for Michael was to make sure that he was comfortable and pain free until he passed away.

I want to let you all know that Michael would want me to tell all of you that he loves you and appreciated your friendship throughout the time that he knew you. 

RIP! That's sad and heart breaking.. poor family :(

Very sad, I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Michael but he sounds like someone I would have liked to have met.

Gone way to young. RIP LamboGator

Terribly sad news.

Not many positives to take from this except it sounds like he went peacefully and had lived a full and rewarding life.

RIP.

Yes he had a black 05 Manual. I typed his SN off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it is right, maybe a space. He hadn't been posting in a while since he had been down there for a few weeks.

LamboGator page

Yes he had a black 05 Manual. I typed his SN off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it is right, maybe a space. He hadn't been posting in a while since he had been down there for a few weeks.

LamboGator page

Thank you, I wanted to read some of his posts, I always remember our members by their posts.

I am very saddened by his passing, it's absolutely terrible :(

Holy shit! More horrible news. He was a GREAT guy from my interactions with him on LP.

RIP to him and his father-that must have been VERY tough for the family to bear.

I have passed along to his sister that we are all thinking of them. Very unexpected. He was a pretty healthy guy it seemed. I know he was very close to his dad and very stressed the last few weeks.

OMG. I don't even know what to say. I am literally at a loss of words as I opened up LP and saw this thread title.

RIP LamboGator.

Prayers to your family as they deal with your father's passing as well as your own.

:(

Always loved Michael's posts. Wish he could stick around for more, but hey, he's got better things to do now!! Solid.

As far as positives go, I'd say if you have to go, it sure would be cool to have your Dad waiting at the gate with fresh tickets in hand so that you could head out together. Lucky dog.

unbelievable :( my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. once again we really need to appreciate our every day lives. every day above ground is a wonderful day...

i hope this is the last of the bad news..

RIP

That is terrible. I knew him, and 'hosted' him at one of the first BullFests...He was a REALLY good guy, and can't believe it.

RIP.

This is sad, sad news....

I got Mindi's email early this morning and was shocked and saddened.

I was very fond of Michael before ever meeting him in person. We had a great evening together at dinner last June during the Balboni event in NoVA (with mtmd11 Kevin). I always enjoyed his posts, his enthusiasm, and his positive and humorous outlook on life. We traded some emails recently about his father's situation.

Michael had a very strong faith and I'm certain his family believes that he and his father are together. I hope that brings them some comfort. I'll remember him as a warm, caring, funny, car loving guy who did a lot for his family and his community. He will be missed.

RIP Michael.

Carol

Oh for fcuk's sake.... You have got to be fcuking kidding me? I am beyond words right now... What the fcuk?