Murci TT question?

alpha6164

Just picked up my 2006 Murci Egear and thoroughly enjoying this car. I am coming from a 1000whp supra so the car feels "slow." Of course the presence and everything else about the car far surpasses every other aspect. Obviously there is a crap ton more TTGs out there but wanted to know how many TT Murcis have been done at any power level. I know that the engine itself is pretty stout and can be even more stout when fully built but how robust is the transmission and diffs? Do they hold up?

I know SP engineering has done a LP640 TT, in fact I thinks its the same car in the Lambopower banner you see up top. There was also a company out in Florida called DLM, and pretty sure UGR has done a TTSV. And last but not least Covert Dynamic is working with NASA on what will either be the greatest triumph or greatest flop (I'm hoping for triumph).

That DLM Car is a joke honestly. I believe Heffner might have done one as well and SP has a couple, Peaks white car and it's twin which I think Alex owns.

I don't remember if the DLM car blew up or not.

I think the DLM was wrecked but haven't heard of problems due to the tt system except for maybe too much power.

Are SP not simply an authorised installer for the Heffner Murcie TT kit? Or is it a system of their own design?

Their own.

Since UGR replied here :)

The fact that the V12 is an open deck design what limitations does it have? Is doing the bolt on only option at ~700whp "safe" and what is the block sleeved in the full engine built option?

Just my 2 cents but there is probably a reason not many people TT Murci's and most do the Gallardo instead. I'm not sure what this reason may be but I like the idea of TT's a Murci if its logistics work as smooth as the Gallardo does.

If your project works well, I'll pick up a 6speed Murci and send it off to UGR sometime next year maybe.

Do you have a 6 speed or egear Alpha?

Just my 2 cents but there is probably a reason not many people TT Murci's and most do the Gallardo instead. I'm not sure what this reason may be but I like the idea of TT's a Murci if its logistics work as smooth as the Gallardo does.

If your project works well, I'll pick up a 6speed Murci and send it off to UGR sometime next year maybe.

Do you have a 6 speed or egear Alpha?

Mine is Egear but 3 out of the 4 Murcis UGR has done have been Egear so i am hopeful that it is not an issue.

Coming from the Supra world that 2JZ engine is so damn stout that just change rods, pistons, cams single turbo and you can easily make 1000-1200whp depending on turbo size etc. The "lambo tax" is crazy :)

Since UGR replied here :)

The fact that the V12 is an open deck design what limitations does it have? Is doing the bolt on only option at ~700whp "safe" and what is the block sleeved in the full engine built option?

We have not seen any limitations. All of our TT Murci's work great. We have not had anyone that wanted to push one over 1500 whp. Email me at [email protected] if you would like, thanks.

UGR, have you ever TT'ed a Diablo?

Pretty sure SP has.

They have and I've seen it in person and Allan knows the car too. I'm sure UGR would but it would take some time to develop and might be expensive with R&D. I don't think I would feel too confident in even a bolt on TT kit on a Diablo.

They have and I've seen it in person and Allan knows the car too. I'm sure UGR would but it would take some time to develop and might be expensive with R&D. I don't think I would feel too confident in even a bolt on TT kit on a Diablo.

Anytime I'm asked to do one I refer them to SP. We have no time to R&D one.

Just picked up my 2006 Murci Egear and thoroughly enjoying this car. I am coming from a 1000whp supra so the car feels "slow." Of course the presence and everything else about the car far surpasses every other aspect. Obviously there is a crap ton more TTGs out there but wanted to know how many TT Murcis have been done at any power level. I know that the engine itself is pretty stout and can be even more stout when fully built but how robust is the transmission and diffs? Do they hold up?

Congrats! Do you have any pics of your new Murci?

Nice car Alpha! It's Olivier Caza from supraforums! A nice TT kit will take care of the "slow" part. :)

I own one of the two TT LP640s that SP did... alex did his personal car and i did mine.

fantastic car and runs like oem until you turn the power up... the tranny and diff cannot handle it...

car has been at SP for the last couple of years going through development and a big power build after the bolt on kit ingested a turbo and blew the motor. (no fault but the turbo failed which was brand new and SP made all of it right even though Alex could have passed it off which is why they are one of the best in the business)

when the motor blew it was an easy excuse to do a big power build. once we got that done the tranny and diff let go on the dyno during testing. this was a 600 original mile car for those that think perhaps it was worn out. it wasnt

now we have 1200 on 91 octane with a reliable build which i think is the maximum... to be honest I'm even worried about pushing that much through this platform.

want fast? want big power? go TTG or TTR8 for the ultimate in the lambo platform high hp twin turbo builds.. they truly are bullet proof.