in this oorneer the MP4 weighing in at:

g-force

empty trunk full load petrol.

not sure of axle weight? don't know if I had

car positioned for accurate rerading? wasn't thinking about that rather total weight.

mp4weight_1.jpg

empty trunk full load petrol.

not sure of axle weight? don't know if I had

car positioned for accurate rerading? wasn't thinking about that rather total weight.

Depending on the API gravity. Usually regular unleaded has a gravity of approx. 58 and a weight per gallon of 6.216 lbs., premium approx. gravity 54 or 6.350 lbs. per gal. The car holds 19 gallons that is 120 lbs of gas that puts you at 3100 lbs sounds correct can you list your options.

Depending on the API gravity. Usually regular unleaded has a gravity of approx. 58 and a weight per gallon of 6.216 lbs., premium approx. gravity 54 or 6.350 lbs. per gal. The car holds 19 gallons that is 120 lbs of gas that puts you at 3100 lbs sounds correct can you list your options.

here they are:

Options:

Sport Exhaust

Special Paint Racing Green

Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

Carbon Ceramic Brakes

Carbon Fiber Interior

Stealth Pkg

Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Meridian Sound

Carbon Fiber Splitter

Carbon Fiber Sill Panels

Carbon Fiber Turning Vanes

Power/Heated/Memory Seats

Lightweight Silver Finished Forged Wheels

Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirror Castings

Carbon Fiber Seat Backs

full body wrap

here they are:

Options:

Sport Exhaust

Special Paint Racing Green

Carbon Fiber Engine Covers

Carbon Ceramic Brakes

Carbon Fiber Interior

Stealth Pkg

Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Meridian Sound

Carbon Fiber Splitter

Carbon Fiber Sill Panels

Carbon Fiber Turning Vanes

Power/Heated/Memory Seats

Lightweight Silver Finished Forged Wheels

Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirror Castings

Carbon Fiber Seat Backs

full body wrap

Mclaren lists

2868 dry with lightweight options

2945 dry without lightweight options

3161 with all fluids and 90% gas

You come in at 3220 add the other 10% of gas about 13 lbs the difference between your wheels and the ultra lite wells and take out the power seats and add the wrap and it is pretty close to the factory number.

Mclaren lists

2868 dry with lightweight options

2945 dry without lightweight options

3161 with all fluids and 90% gas

You come in at 3220 add the other 10% of gas about 13 lbs the difference between your wheels and the ultra lite wells and take out the power seats and add the wrap and it is pretty close to the factory number.

What a factory that tells the truth?????????????

Wow, that is light!

What a factory that tells the truth?????????????

except for the fikse ringer car lol

im very impressed with mclaren so far.

• 1 month later...

Went to the scale today and the car weighed 3,220. Had about 5/8 tank of gas.

On the same scale, Performante weighed 3,820.

This is the explanation for the car's performance, power to weight ratio, the difference in weight between it and some of its competitors is extremely significant, you can't expect to be going as fast having to push so much more weight with similar or sometimes less HP, simple physics.

McLaren did very well to keep weight down, the rest of the manufactures should follow suit and put their models on a strict diet.

This is the explanation for the car's performance, power to weight ratio, the difference in weight between it and some of its competitors is extremely significant, you can't expect to be going as fast having to push so much more weight with similar or sometimes less HP, simple physics.

McLaren did very well to keep weight down, the rest of the manufactures should follow suit and put their models on a strict diet.

Most can't, not without a carbon fiber tub or Superleggera level stripping

Most can't, not without a carbon fiber tub or Superleggera level stripping

Aventador has a carbon fibre tub, I have no idea why that car is so heavy, I can't wait to see the SV.

I hope Lamborghini will focus on weight to power ratio in the new models as they've promised, you don't need extra power you need to lose weight, it's as simple as that but nowadays with all the stringent design and safety regulations it's easier to boost the power than decrease weight, pretty sad.

A lighter better handling car is much more fun to drive than a overpowered one trick pony straight line warrior.

Aventador has a carbon fibre tub, I have no idea why that car is so heavy, I can't wait to see the SV.

I hope Lamborghini will focus on weight to power ratio in the new models as they've promised, you don't need extra power you need to lose weight, it's as simple as that but nowadays with all the stringent design and safety regulations it's easier to boost the power than decrease weight, pretty sad.

A lighter better handling car is much more fun to drive than a overpowered one trick pony straight line warrior.

I guess the Aventador's dry weight is about 527 pounds heavier than the Mclaren's. Some reasons are its a bigger car, has a larger engine and is AWD. I hope they lighten it up too!

Has anyone seen the aventador tub for the roadster? They showed Monocell for the coupe which has the roof etc but the roadster must have a tub like the macca.

Lamborghini's carbon fibre facility is state of he art, they do everything in house, very impressive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I guess the Aventador's dry weight is about 527 pounds heavier than the Mclaren's. Some reasons are its a bigger car, has a larger engine and is AWD. I hope they lighten it up too!

Comparing real world numbers that were posted on LP the ready to go weight difference seems to be closer to 800lbs... :shock:

Thanks fortis, good pics.

The difference in weight between the mp4-12c and the 12c spider is only the mechanical parts to move the hardtop. The aventador has no moving parts. So why the difference in weight? Because IMO they did not approach the tub correctly.

The weight difference between roadster and hardtop is really insignificant, they are carrying too much weight in different parts of the car or they intentionally beefed it up so they can easy go on a diet for the SV, who knows?

Every extra 100kg makes a world of difference, LP560 to LP570 completely different car and the significant difference is weight reduction.

I just red today that the weight of the entire 2013 R8 alloy space frame is only 210 kg so there isn't a great deal of difference between it and the carbon tub for example, no idea what the solution is but I am sure the Gallardo replacement in standard trim will weigh above 1450kg which will be a shame.