Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

Anyone think Lamborghini copyrighted "Deimos" - the Greek God of terror - then found out they couldn't copyright it in the US, and decided to go with "Dione" - a Greek Goddess - instead? It would make sense that Deimos would be an Aventador rim option. Lamborghini usually tries to keep the first letter of wheel options the same (ex: the Gallardo has the Cassiopeia, Callisto, Cordelia .... Scorpius). So logically thinking the Aventador would have the Dione, Deimos .... Iperione. All of which I may add are Greek Gods. Its the only way that name works for me - no way would they name a bull after a Greek God.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think Lamborghini copyrighted "Deimos" - the Greek God of terror - then found out they couldn't copyright it in the US, and decided to go with "Dione" - a Greek Goddess - instead? It would make sense that Deimos would be an Aventador rim option. Lamborghini usually tries to keep the first letter of wheel options the same (ex: the Gallardo has the Cassiopeia, Callisto, Cordelia .... Scorpius). So logically thinking the Aventador would have the Dione, Deimos .... Iperione. All of which I may add are Greek Gods. Its the only way that name works for me - no way would they name a bull after a Greek God.

I don't think so, because they don't trademark their wheel names.

Another hint is the trademark classifications. When you trademark something, you have to classify what it will be used for (i.e., boats, televisions, vehicles, paint, cooking utensils). Compare the DEIMOS classification to the HURACAN and the URUS classification:

DEIMOS: - 2 classifications

Nice classification: 2

List of goods and services: Paints, varnishes, lacquers; Preservatives against rust and against deterioration of wood; Colorants; Mordants; Raw natural resins; Metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists.

Nice classification: 12

List of goods and services: Vehicles; Apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water.

HURACAN: - 2 Classifications

List of goods and services: Passenger cars and structural parts thereof (included in class 12)

Nice classification: 28

List of goods and services: Model cars

URUS - 2 Classifications

List of goods and services: Automobiles and parts thereof.

List of goods and services: Model cars.

I don't think so, because they don't trademark their wheel names.

Another hint is the trademark classifications. When you trademark something, you have to classify what it will be used for (i.e., boats, televisions, vehicles, paint, cooking utensils). Compare the DEIMOS classification to the HURACAN and the URUS classification:

DEIMOS: - 2 classifications

Nice classification: 2

List of goods and services: Paints, varnishes, lacquers; Preservatives against rust and against deterioration of wood; Colorants; Mordants; Raw natural resins; Metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists.

List of goods and services: Vehicles; Apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water.

HURACAN: - 2 Classifications

List of goods and services: Passenger cars and structural parts thereof (included in class 12)

List of goods and services: Model cars

URUS - 2 Classifications

List of goods and services: Automobiles and parts thereof.

List of goods and services: Model cars.

Me and MoreLambo are saying the same thing...

About the classification, if you look for NOCTIS trademark it says:

International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks (Nice Classification) - NCL(9) 12 Vehicles; apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water.

Lamborghini has a tradition, if there is a mithological name it's for an optional as a bull name will be a car name.

I looked for bulls called 'Deimos' but there were no results to me.

Huracán was a Chemy Jiménez's bull in Costa Rica. The bull was very famous and died in September 25th 2012.

Then, after ROSSO MARS, i bet that Deimos is a color, maybe it could be ROSSO DEIMOS, at least we don't know the name color of URUS and aventador J if i'm not wrong.

Lamborghini has a tradition, if there is a mithological name it's for an optional as a bull name will be a car name.

Right. Their car trademarks are Class 12 (automobiles) and 28 (model cars). Deimos is only Class 2 (Paint) and Class 12 (cars).

I dont think the Aventador J colour (rosso J?) will ever be available. I think Raginbull asked Winkelman about it and Winkelman said it was a one off, exclusive to the J.

which is a shame, because I think it is THE BEST rosso from Lambo.

I dont think the Aventador J colour (rosso J?) will ever be available. I think Raginbull asked Winkelman about it and Winkelman said it was a one off, exclusive to the J.

I like Rosso Effesto :D

tumblr_ml5rs2553Y1rg8niio1_1280.jpg

One of my customer also asked about Aventador LP 700-4 Coupé with 'Rosso J' and full Avorio Lilium interior but S.p.A. refused that because Aventador J is a J, 'Unica'. I think keeping a symbolic thing is important.

Urus also used that Rosso J.

Ah, also they didn't sell 'just paint' either.

Though J can't be painted, Rosso Efesto is still nice color :)

Is it just me that finds red lambos sacrilegious?

Red was a countach color so it's fine. I don't get people's obsession with maroon.

The paint colors of the Reventon, Aventador J, and Veneno will never be available on any other cars. It's in the contracts.

The paint colors of the Reventon, Aventador J, and Veneno will never be available on any other cars. It's in the contracts.

Gririo Reventon was never an option on Gallardos?

anyone made on a deposit on one? i am thinking about it.

:icon_super: done

Mister W said there will be a private showing for customers that have deposit's down. This will take place in LA in January!!!

Mister W said there will be a private showing for customers that have deposit's down. This will take place in LA in January!!!

How much is deposit? Need to TT one...

Is the Veneno's Grey a special color? Or are special the Green,White and Red colors?

:icon_super: done

:headbang: That's awesome, big congrats!

This thing is going to be killer, I can't wait until we get to see it without its test camo.

I dropped a deposit a long time ago not heard anything about it, other than told no one would see the car till it was officially unveiled as they already had enough interest and deposits to not need previews to solicit orders.

I would think the reason for stopping production in October is to get set up for the Gallardo replacement and the Urus. It would make sense prepare the factory for both in an effort to minimize the down time and make the transition to a 3 car assembly line as smooth as possible.