Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The G AWD is around 35 kg.

Really? It's got to be heavier than that.

It is heavier. The 4WD system requires many other additional changes that aren't being factored into that 35kg number. Lamborghini's are not heavy compared to the competition considering the extra weight that 4WD systems add.

The 2WD Gallardo's are still built on the 4WD platform (more of a conversion) so they are not taking full advantage of the 2WD weight savings.

The new car is much more advanced. Just wait. It has an entirely new bag of tricks.

It is heavier. The 4WD system requires many other additional changes that aren't being factored into that 35kg number. Lamborghini's are not heavy compared to the competition considering the extra weight that 4WD systems add.

The 2WD Gallardo's are still built on the 4WD platform (more of a conversion) so they are not taking full advantage of the 2WD weight savings.

The new car is much more advanced. Just wait. It has an entirely new bag of tricks.

I wish you could say what You know, but you're too much of a gentleman to betray their trust.

I wish you could say what You know, but you're too much of a gentleman to betray their trust.

You will soon find out, not that long to go now.

My gut tells me the car will essentially be a mini-Aventador. Carbon monocoque architecture, 600hp, heavily digital interior, awd at first release and most importantly ... Faster than the MP4!

RB, I'm not saying this is what you said or meant by this post, but it gave me a thought when you say it will have a new bag of tricks.

How fantastic would it be if Lamborghini has implemented an adjustable power split from the front and rear tires.

Sort of like how you could adjust the Subaru STI ratio to make it have more power to the rear tires if you wanted more sporty feel driving.

Ive heard how many owners like the way the LP550 -2 steering feels lighter and sportier,but how the LP560-4 owners like how the car feels planted with AWD at speed..

It would be very cool if on track days you can make your new G replacement act like a RWD car and then turn a knob and have 4 wheel traction when you need it.

My gut tells me the car will essentially be a mini-Aventador. Carbon monocoque architecture, 600hp, heavily digital interior, awd at first release and most importantly ... Faster than the MP4!

The Aventador is not faster then the MP4 so how could the new G be.

The Aventador is not faster then the MP4 so how could the new G be.

Aventador LP700-4 coupe has a top speed of 217 MPH and independently tested 0-60 of 2.8 seconds (R&T, C&D). What are the corresponding figures for the MP4-12C?

RB, I'm not saying this is what you said or meant by this post, but it gave me a thought when you say it will have a new bag of tricks.

How fantastic would it be if Lamborghini has implemented an adjustable power split from the front and rear tires.

Sort of like how you could adjust the Subaru STI ratio to make it have more power to the rear tires if you wanted more sporty feel driving.

Ive heard how many owners like the way the LP550 -2 steering feels lighter and sportier,but how the LP560-4 owners like how the car feels planted with AWD at speed..

It would be very cool if on track days you can make your new G replacement act like a RWD car and then turn a knob and have 4 wheel traction when you need it.

Just a guess on my part but I think you're right. Maybe it will even have an intelligent AWD system similar to the GTR, where it is basically a RWD vehicle until the system senses any slip and sends the right amount of power to the front wheels. The GTR essentially drives like a RWD vehicle with the safety of AWD. The system was/is that good on the car. I think it would be also great if Lamborghini came in with 620HP but guessing it will be closer to 600. I know while straight line accerlation is important, Lamborghini has been putting emphasis on handling as well. I'm sure the car won't disappoint. Looking forward to seeing one.

the video isn't loading for me.

Here it works.

ciao

P.S.

I bet on 610 HP: the figure is just marketing, so it's a lottery. Fortis, write a number you too, please: who of us will be closer to the official max power data, will win your car... :icon_mrgreen: :D

ciao

I said 620 already :eusa_dance:

ok, starting from 616 hp you will win your car. Until 614 i will win your car and i will take it at the factory: be happy, you will save the Australia shipping and importing taxes costs... you probably will save a lot of money...

If Lambo will declare 615 hp, there will be an official coin toss... :D

ciao

Not fair because you can just pop down the street to the factory to see your friend Luigi and he will tell you what it is :icon_mrgreen:

Also since last Friday I am Lamboless :( and I don't want to stay like this for too long, I am already experiencing withdrawal symptoms!

Not fair because you can just pop down the street to the factory to see your friend Luigi and he will tell you what it is :icon_mrgreen:

Also since last Friday I am Lamboless :( and I don't want to stay like this for too long, I am already experiencing withdrawal symptoms!

:D ok, ok: i pity you... no more bet.

When you will be given a chassis number or a factory order number, please PM me it

ciao

That would be sweet if Lambo came out with their version of DCCD.

Was one of the first 5 to see the real pictures of the car. The spy shots are fairly close except the side panels air intake. The rear is raised and edgy. I love the look.

The interior is completely new and it is more updated than the Aventador. No Audi buttons at all. We will get the RED FLIP SWITCH starter button. It looks very updated.

No spec was released so that will take some time but I think it is spot on V10 Gallardo engine tuned 30+ HP to 600 exact with dual clutch. The interior of the car is the attraction and it is super modern and tachymeters all digital.

Lambo factory drivers love to accidentally drop tidbits at Esperienza last of year ... See my last post :)