Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

I am just back home from the Friday evening London preview.

Initial thoughts after seeing it in the flesh - fantastic car.

However after a bit of reflection and a more detailed prod around it I revised my opinion - absolutely fantastic car.

Points of interest to me:-

1) The design pays homage to many previous models including Countach, Diablo, Murcie, Marzal. I spoke with the design guy from the factory who confirmed this.

2) The tub is part carbon, part aluminium. The carbon part is the rear bulkhead plus a central spar. The carbon is not done by the same process as the Aventador. It doesn't need the autoclave and is somehow pressed. This is the same CF process type as is used extensively in Boeing aircraft

3) The display car had the option wheels. The design is a homage to the Diablo 6 wheels (something close to my heart)

4) The display car had the option glass engine cover. When you order with this cover you get a CF engine bay done in the same material as the tub ie the pressed type. It doesn't have a weave. The pattern is really hard to describe and for me is an acquired taste. At the moment I prefer the standard weave pattern but in time I am sure this new pattern will grow on me.

5) The interior is stunning.

Thats it for now. I left London at midnight and its 2am now. I'm fcuking knackered & off to bed.

I will try and remember more in the morning and post up.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just back home from the Friday evening London preview.

Initial thoughts after seeing it in the flesh - fantastic car.

However after a bit of reflection and a more detailed prod around it I revised my opinion - absolutely fantastic car.

Points of interest to me:-

1) The design pays homage to many previous models including Countach, Diablo, Murcie, Marzal. I spoke with the design guy from the factory who confirmed this.

2) The tub is part carbon, part aluminium. The carbon part is the rear bulkhead plus a central spar. The carbon is not done by the same process as the Aventador. It doesn't need the autoclave and is somehow pressed. This is the same CF process type as is used extensively in Boeing aircraft

3) The display car had the option wheels. The design is a homage to the Diablo 6 wheels (something close to my heart)

4) The display car had the option glass engine cover. When you order with this cover you get a CF engine bay done in the same material as the tub ie the pressed type. It doesn't have a weave. The pattern is really hard to describe and for me is an acquired taste. At the moment I prefer the standard weave pattern but in time I am sure this new pattern will grow on me.

5) The interior is stunning.

Thats it for now. I left London at midnight and its 2am now. I'm fcuking knackered & off to bed.

I will try and remember more in the morning and post up.

When I saw the mesh on the dash, I immedietely thought of the Marzal.

The tub and the engine bay trim is forged carbon

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love its look more than the traditional weave pattern. Once everyone will have the chance of seeing and learning everything about this car a lot of minds will be changed :icon_mrgreen:

I was at the preview yesterday morning... what can I say...the longer you stare at it, the more you'll love it!

heard they already took 40-50 deposit so far..and when i was there, some 60-70 yr old man walked in with his wife and bought one..(he owns an Aventador i believe)

things i didn't like about it:

The car was in a boring color..

didn't like the new CF look engine bay, looks messy..prefer the old CF weave..

things i like about it:

the seats are very comfortable..

the interior is very nice..

the car looks alittle like the Sesto especially from the rear at a low angle..

car looks better in person than in photos..

the front end looks best...

overall i love it..but I'll still take an Aventador. :D

also they started up the car and revved it up..it sounds really loud(maybe due to indoor)..the checklights were on in the car so im not sure if they did anything to the exhaust.

no cameras/phones were allowed..pics unavailable till launch at Geneva Motor Show in 2 months.

I will never understand why Lambo releases their new cars in boring colors.

maybe because they are trying to persuade boring people to buy their cars too and not just only prancing donkey cars... :D

ciao

:icon_mrgreen:

Albert have you seen Verde Mantis in person? My friend just ordered one in that color but he's quite worried that it won't look as good as Ithaca, I actually think Mantis looks better.

The tub and the engine bay trim is forged carbon

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love its look more than the traditional weave pattern. Once everyone will have the chance of seeing and learning everything about this car a lot of minds will be changed :icon_mrgreen:

Ohhh I know what this looks like! All I have to do is look under the hood of my NISSAN to find this! :eusa_dance:

Yes Nissan has something like this on there 350z all the way up to GT-R. It's a structure on the Nissan that isn't too expensive from my understanding. This one is similar but different.

Great points, the button layout works for me because I had Audi's as DDs for the last 5 years so I feel right at home, I like the steering wheel but it looks a bit "plain" in needs some carbon trim and contrast stitching, I will spec mine in suede/Alcantara to match the seats, it should feel a lot sportier than full leather, I am not sure how I feel about the "Ferrari" steering wheel button placement, your brain is trained to instinctively do something else when it comes to indicators, windscreen wipers etc. it might not be that hard getting used to.

If you like the glass engine cover you will enjoy this, the whole engine bay is dressed in forged carbon panels, it looks very good. Hopefully you will have the chance to see it in real life very soon.

Button clusters, in general, are things that take a while for me to get used to. My cousin has a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid, and I could barely figure out how to turn the radio on - Audi is much easier to work with, though. As far as the your specs, I think the Alcantara steering wheel/inserts will look fantastic. Does your spec include the Alcantara on the doors as well?

Now I really wanna see the spyder :D

That's a wonderful top-view, and I bet the Spyder will be insane.

:icon_mrgreen:

Albert have you seen Verde Mantis in person? My friend just ordered one in that color but he's quite worried that it won't look as good as Ithaca, I actually think Mantis looks better.

That's a very strange color, shocking, a love or hate color. I saw an Aventador with that color (or at least i think it was that) , but i did not like it: it's a green-yellow color, maybe more yellow trhan green. But that's not my car and i do not have to buy it. So what can i say: i prefer green Verde Ithaca, but that's no more than my personal taste. Maybe your friend will pay 20+ k for the V.I. special color option (they can do it if you pay) and then discover that the Verde Mantis drives him crazy. My idea is that your friend can do a trip here in Italy after the Geneva show and look at the Mantis in person here at Carrozzeria Imperiale spraying plant or in production line at the factory and let the color option still wide open.

Or write to the Imperiale and ask them if they can sell and ship him a small piece of metal painted with Verde Mantis

http://www.imperialegroup.it/

Maybe that new color Verde Mantis will be at Geneva: it looks very strange that the dealer does not have at least a small piece of metal painted in every single color: maybe he will receive it after the Geneva Show?

This is just a personal taste choice, so i cannot help much:on that car il like very much the Bianco Moncerus, Bianco Icarus, Nero Serapis, Giallo Midas, Arancio Borealis and the V.I. (not among standard colors).

If you need help, PM me and i will try to do something.

ciao

Ohhh I know what this looks like! All I have to do is look under the hood of my NISSAN to find this! :eusa_dance:

I didn't see the pattern on the GTR, at least not on the 2013 Nissan I looked at yesterday, the Nissan's was black and plastic like with a inscription that said something like carbon composite.

Albert thanks for the info, declares don't have the sample case yet so no paint samples, the issue is that Verde Ithaca is only available under the Ad Personam program and that is only available in 2015, Ad Personam colors are $14,400

Verde Mantis is a 4 layer color, CO $6,500 not too expensive, I'd think it would have quite a lot of depth being 4 layer but you are right it has to be seen in person, I will forward the I for from you than he can decide.

Thank you :icon_thumleft:

Verde Mantis has never been on an Aventador.

My favorite "Veneno inspired" surprise in the Huracan hasn't been shown yet. I'm shocked. I guess they're waiting for Geneva. Some might think of it as a minor thing but IMO it's huge! I look forward to all of your reactions. IMO it will make the experience that much more special. No more hints. Many of you will think it's no big deal but some will agree with me.

Button clusters, in general, are things that take a while for me to get used to. My cousin has a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid, and I could barely figure out how to turn the radio on - Audi is much easier to work with, though. As far as the your specs, I think the Alcantara steering wheel/inserts will look fantastic. Does your spec include the Alcantara on the doors as well?

I felt the same in the 458, first time I jumped in I had no idea where things were very frustrating but Audi's system is quite intuitive.

In relation to the Alcantara, the option list has roofline and A pillars in Alcantara as an option but it says nothing about the doors so I assume they come as standard when selecting the Sportivo with Alcantara option.

The steering wheel should look great specially if they will use red stitching but they are using suede rather than Alcantara and in my 570 the suede looked quite worn and flat after not a lot of use, I wish they used Alcantara instead.

Verde Mantis has never been on an Aventador.

My favorite "Veneno inspired" surprise in the Huracan hasn't been shown yet. I'm shocked. I guess they're waiting for Geneva. Some might think of it as a minor thing but IMO it's huge! I look forward to all of your reactions. IMO it will make the experience that much more special. No more hints. Many of you will think it's no big deal but some will agree with me.

Is the surprise inside or outside?

Cool, looking forward to seeing it, I must admit I've red the info cover to cover and haven't noticed it.

Yes. It isn't in the info. Either they want to wait till Geneva or for reviews. It's a subtle but very cool feature.