Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely rear bias, awesome drift, I can't wait to try something like that :icon_mrgreen:

agree... chk this out meanwhile.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/lamborghini...ent-531137.html

New teams have until January 3 to register their interest, but Stephan Winkelmann, president of Lamborghini, officially ruled the Italian sports carmaker out of the running.

“There are no plans to go into Formula 1 business. For us, it is more seen as an activity linking us more to our customer... We do gentlemen’s drivers clubs around the world and they are pretty successful and that is the way to go. The cars you see on the road are much the same as the ones we put on the racetrack,” he said in an interview with Arabian Business in Dubai.

So Ferrari put cars on road that are much different than the ones it puts on track? you bet!

Given that the 2WD mode has been ruled out as one of the unannounced features, I'm curious if it's something similar the to new 991 GT3 that is a 'drift mode' (for lack of a better term). Essentially when the car detects a drift, rather than the electronic systems correcting the car they basically shut down and let the car drift. That could somewhat explain the original Huracan video and the commercial being filmed above.

Quite disrespectful if you ask me, if you were asked not to why would you? It's not like the person who photographed it managed to get details of the car which we haven't already seen plastered all over the net.

Now we're talking!! Power drifts in a orange Huracan!

Looks like they are doing something similar to the LP560 release video.

looks like a rehash of this

So mildly tweaked designs, mildly tweaked engine, mildly tweaked PR.

Just missing a Porsche badge.

Ya don't say?!

looks like a rehash of this

So mildly tweaked designs, mildly tweaked engine, mildly tweaked PR.

Just missing a Porsche badge.

You not wrong, mildly tweaked design

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The engine from old to new will be equally different.

Quite disrespectful if you ask me, if you were asked not to why would you? It's not like the person who photographed it managed to get details of the car which we haven't already seen plastered all over the net.

Maybe disrespectful, but there is no such thing as bad publicity when you're in the business of selling cars. It's all marketing. Why make these reveal events exclusive? To make the (potential) buyers feel special and that they are part of a select few group of people allowed to even see the car. They are in the business of selling as many cars as possible and I genuinely don't think they care if a few photos or even specs leak out. And this is nothing against Lamborghini, every car manufacturer has the same goal....

I think you misunderstood my comment, I will put it in perspective, if you invite me to your house for dinner and respectfully ask me not to take any photos of you or your house and plaster them all over the Internet and I disregard your wishes and do it because I personally think you will benefit from them and either way sooner or later you will release them yourself, would you consider that to be disrespectful?

That's what I meant by it, you are invited to a private viewing you are trusted to respect their wishes but you don't, irrespective of how you justify it or the reasons you have for doing it, you were simply asked by your gracious host to obey by his/her rule in order to step in their house and you simply don't, IMO that shows lack of character and respect on your part.

I think you misunderstood my comment, I will put it in perspective, if you invite me to your house for dinner and respectfully ask me not to take any photos of you or your house and plaster them all over the Internet and I disregard your wishes and do it because I personally think you will benefit from them and either way sooner or later you will release them yourself, would you consider that to be disrespectful?

That's what I meant by it, you are invited to a private viewing you are trusted to respect their wishes but you don't, irrespective of how you justify it or the reasons you have for doing it, you were simply asked by your gracious host to obey by his/her rule in order to step in their house and you simply don't, IMO that shows lack of character and respect on your part.

I agree that is disrespectful if the dealership was explicitly asking people not to take/share pictures which I believe was the case. On a similar note, although its likely disrespectful for me to even ask, I would love to know what was in the black box. :icon_mrgreen:

... and i'm still dying to know what the unreleased details are. Can't wait for Geneva!

I agree that is disrespectful if the dealership was explicitly asking people not to take/share pictures which I believe was the case. On a similar note, although its likely disrespectful for me to even ask, I would love to know what was in the black box. :icon_mrgreen:

... and i'm still dying to know what the unreleased details are. Can't wait for Geneva!

The black box's had thumb drives in them that had the product brochure in pdf form in 5 different languages on it.

There are strictly no pictures or videos allowed, you are very far from being disrespectful asking for further details, I would be just as curious because I am one of the most impatient people I've ever met :icon_mrgreen:

I was only talking about breaking someone's trust when they asked you not to, I would never do it!

I've been sitting on almost 70 pages of confidential internal info on the Huracan for more than a month, I have every single detail on the car and it's been killing me not to be able to share it or even correct the large amount of misinformation you could read on most internet forums, it was funny to read it and at the same time very frustrating not to be able to set the record straight, Lamborghini have their own marketing strategy and interfering with that I would consider it a criminal act on my part therefore I would NEVER do it.

When one of our members Rockstar (SP) doubted I had the options list in order to finalize my order, I would've love to have posted it but I couldn't, I only gave him a hint which was the names of the standard and option wheels :icon_mrgreen: nobody knew what I was talking about so no harm done.

I was given the information in trust and not to share with anyone, I shared snippets with few friends who I consider family but never without having the info approved by the supplier.

As more information comes to light I feel less and less pressure ha ha ha

Yeah, people who get invited and sign the legal agreement

but then take/post pictures anyway, should be walked out,

and should be ineligible for entering an order.

Anyway.

I attended one of the sessions today.

Having run into the car during road testing in Germany back

in September, the unveiling and firing up were "as before".

I had a long list of expectations and concerns... and the car

came in exactly as/where I thought it would. Which is great.

More importantly, I got all of my questions answered, and I

was able to make up my mind. So I'm pretty happy now. :)

Definitely going to roll with the shipping wrap still on my car. Keep that paint is solid condition!

Fortis - I have just enough room in my Gmail account for any extraneous documents that may be taking up too much room on your HDD.

:icon_mrgreen:

Fortis - I have just enough room in my Gmail account for any extraneous documents that may be taking up too much room on your HDD.

:icon_mrgreen:

I'd love to dump it right here, trust me :icon_thumleft:

I can say with absolute certainty that the average age of the group that showed up at the LA reveal was half that of the leaked pictures.

I can say with absolute certainty that the average age of the group that showed up at the LA reveal was half that of the leaked pictures.

I've read this 8 times and I still don't understand it.