How much to pay for a TWIN TURBO GALLARDO?

Rohan1

Kevin asks for proof because his reputation is on the line and he is willing to do something about it. I don't see how that is negative, quite the contrary. I know he would be on the phone with the owner to figure it out. When I posted about an idle problem my car had he was quick to communicate with me and figure out how to fix it. He's a perfectionist with his work and having 100 builds with an average cost in the 6-figures says a lot when there's tuners out there who can't even give away their services for free.

Brownnose all you want, I have no beef with him or UGR, I like all Lambos.. I'm just saying you probably wouldn't have your "idle problem" if you hadn't tuned your car, get what I'm saying?

Only reason I post about these types of things is because I think all members should know the downsides as well and not only the fairytales being posted.

Props to all tuners that make $ and perform impeccable work :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, when the heck are we going to hear about your MP4 review??? I am waiting, cupcakes.. :icon_mrgreen:

It's coming, I am just waiting for the assclown of a dealer to get back to me on my offer.. One thing is for sure though, I won't be tuning it :)

oh shit snow, get ready for a UG beat down.... :)

Let them bring it, I'm the Batman.

Brownnose all you want, I have no beef with him or UGR, I like all Lambos.. I'm just saying you probably wouldn't have your "idle problem" if you hadn't tuned your car, get what I'm saying?

Only reason I post about these types of things is because I think all members should know the downsides as well and not only the fairytales being posted.

Props to all tuners that make $ and perform impeccable work :icon_thumleft:

Brownose my ass, I'm stating from personal experience that UGR does right by those with UGR tuned cars. I get what you're trying to say, but you still don't know shit. The idle problem had nothing to do with the tuning as it was attributed to a vacuum leak that developed after the fact on the stock equipment. Also, as has been stated, stock cars will also break if they are abused.

There is no denying there are downsides to tuning. I've had my share of high-hp tuned cars. From overheating to cutting off, shitty clutch deployment, smell of gas from aftermarket braided fuel lines, etc. I've been there and done that. I almost swore off tuned cars due to so much headache from the bullshit involved. Because of this I can say, without a doubt, this is the first highly-tuned vehicle I've owned that has little to no downside vs stock.

It may be hard for an outsider to believe, but UGR truly has its shit together.

Because of this I can say, without a doubt, this is the first highly-tuned vehicle I've owned that has little to no downside vs stock.

It may be hard for an outsider to believe, but UGR truly has its shit together.

No downside you say? Damn, I'm calling Lambotechs, their R&D dept and Shortypants himself ASAP! They must stop with everything they are doing with the Gallardo succesor and start analyze your car instead. :icon_thumleft:

And the part you say about "UGR having their shit together", really? I've repeatedly posted that I have no beef with UGR whatsoever and you still point it out, are you sure you can't see yourself brownnosing? :rolleyes:

I'm out!

lets be open and honest here. SP, Heffner, UG, EVOMS, ASS etc are all top shelf tuners, but when you double HP on any car you need to be aware that things are going to happen out of the norm. (it might be a week or it might be in 7 years) but this is reality. just make sure you get a warranty and your good to go. knowing all of this, i still love to tune my cars. but if you are new to this, you must be aware if you purchase a 1k HP GTT the reliability and maintenance are not the same as a stock car. anyone that tells you different is lying.

lets be open and honest here. SP, Heffner, UG, EVOMS, ASS etc are all top shelf tuners, but when you double HP on any car you need to be aware that things are going to happen out of the norm. (it might be a week or it might be in 7 years) but this is reality. just make sure you get a warranty and your good to go. knowing all of this, i still love to tune my cars. but if you are new to this, you must be aware if you purchase a 1k HP GTT the reliability and maintenance are not the same as a stock car. anyone that tells you different is lying.

I agree for the most part with what your saying.

Maintenance stuff for GTT---- I change the spark plugs in my GTT myself in my garage more often since its Twin Turbo'd, eat more tires, eat more brake pads, and change the oil more often, heck I'll even flush the coolant and brake fluid once in a while. All preventive maintence in my mind and these do add up in more costs. I'm sure it will wear a clutch down faster as well.

No downside you say? Damn, I'm calling Lambotechs, their R&D dept and Shortypants himself ASAP! They must stop with everything they are doing with the Gallardo succesor and start analyze your car instead. :icon_thumleft:

And the part you say about "UGR having their shit together", really? I've repeatedly posted that I have no beef with UGR whatsoever and you still point it out, are you sure you can't see yourself brownnosing? :rolleyes:

I'm out!

Yup, little to no downside. Well, aside from having to up the maintenance schedule and replace tires more frequently then yes, as Lambofan35 says. Also, MAC-N-IT has a point as I don't drive mine daily, so over time I do expect things to wear things down faster but I put maybe 2k/yr on my Gallardo so I expect it to last awhile.

Lambo and Audi put together a very stout platform. UGR and Heffner were able to exploit it and nobody expected it to get as far as it has.

Do you have a TT Gallardo? Have you owned one? Like I said, if you have no personal experience then you have no legs to stand on. You say you don't have beef, but you call them out on having damaged vehicles. If "brownnosing" is speaking from first-hand ownership experience then, that's your personal preference.

Sure, let them analyze mine or any other properly built TT Gallardo. I'm sure they'll have something to learn from it.

Yup, little to no downside. Well, aside from having to up the maintenance schedule and replace tires more frequently then yes, as Lambofan35 says. Also, MAC-N-IT has a point as I don't drive mine daily, so over time I do expect things to wear things down faster but I put maybe 2k/yr on my Gallardo so I expect it to last awhile.

Lambo and Audi put together a very stout platform. UGR and Heffner were able to exploit it and nobody expected it to get as far as it has.

Do you have a TT Gallardo? Have you owned one? Like I said, if you have no personal experience then you have no legs to stand on. You say you don't have beef, but you call them out on having damaged vehicles. If "brownnosing" is speaking from first-hand ownership experience then, that's your personal preference.

Sure, let them analyze mine or any other properly built TT Gallardo. I'm sure they'll have something to learn from it.

I said I was done with this thread but just let me add that I'm glad for you, I hope you enjoy your car in good health :turboalex:

Most heavily modified cars tend to go for far more than what you would think the car is worth. I've seen "street" supra's sell for 100 grand. With the Gallardo's you basically have only 2 very reliable choices, being Heffner and UGR. I've never owned one personally but have talked with several owners, one of which I do business with regularly, he owns a UGR SL r package E-Gear car. He attests to the very high quality of the builds, and that UGR 100% backs their customers up with full support. He is constantly informed of improvements they've made to the kits and always has the option to upgrade. So I'd definitely say the asking price for these are not unreasonable.

With the Gallardo's you basically have only 2 very reliable choices, being Heffner and UGR.

How do you figure this statement to be accurate ?

I've never owned one personally

Oh ok. In that case never mind.

Are you inferring there are other choices? As far as I know, Heffner and UGR are the only ones working on Lamborghinis that have the most cars on the road and their owners rave about them. This is why they have the perception of being the most reliable. I don't hear much from other tuners out there and UGR is the only one who shows up at major events with multiple cars (customer and shop cars).

Are you inferring there are other choices? As far as I know, Heffner and UGR are the only ones working on Lamborghinis that have the most cars on the road and their owners rave about them. This is why they have the perception of being the most reliable. I don't hear much from other tuners out there and UGR is the only one who shows up at major events with multiple cars (customer and shop cars).

This is what happens when you spend all of your time on one forum. :P

Yes, there are other tuners offering reliable (and very well made) twin turbo kits of the Gallardo. Some tuners prioritize R&D over marketing and advertising so you might not hear about them as much.

Medici,

Smoky is referring to Dallas Performance.

They actually are the new guys on the block that got their shit together.. I had a chance to speak with Taylor @ DP for an hour.. The guy knows what he's talking about... His kits look amazing and it's completely top notch.

They are fairly new to Gallardos.. So only time/miles will give us a better idea of their reliability

. Some tuners prioritize R&D over marketing and advertising so you might not hear about them as much.

And some tuners have already undergone an abundant amount of R&D and nearly perfected the product and therefore marketing would be the next logical step. ;)

Any 60-130 numbers from your car yet Smoky? If it goes as fast as its good looks, you've done well.. :icon_thumleft:

1032236[/url]']

And some tuners have already undergone an abundant amount of R&D and nearly perfected the product and therefore marketing would be the next logical step. ;)

Any 60-130 numbers from your car yet Smoky? If it goes as fast as its good looks, you've done well.. :icon_thumleft:

Very soon my friend. Renown bumper is getting replaced at the moment (due to a road debris incident en route to the Lambo Festival in Houston).

Smoky, car looked good at TI, why didn't you run it? What kit do you have?

For the record, UGR has already done the R&D, already done the dyno game, already done the 1/4 mile ET record, already done the 1/4 mile MPH record, already done the TX Mile, already done more builds (probably 2-3 times as many as all the other tuners combined)......you catch my drift. Bottom line is if you want all of support from a company that has done these things AND all the while retain value in your build, UGR is the way to go. I've had 3 of these things and let me assure the value retention that I've experienced has been nothing short of astonishing.

Wish the OP best of luck...

Peter

Very soon my friend. Renown bumper is getting replaced at the moment (due to a road debris incident en route to the Lambo Festival in Houston).

Ouch. Sorry to hear that! Do you have a build thread anywhere I can follow.

This is what happens when you spend all of your time on one forum. :P

Yes, there are other tuners offering reliable (and very well made) twin turbo kits of the Gallardo. Some tuners prioritize R&D over marketing and advertising so you might not hear about them as much.

No need to be smug, Smoky. I've heard of Dallas Performance. However, AFAIK, they don't have nearly as many Gallardos on the streets as UGR and Heffner which is most likely the reason they aren't as well known, not because of lack of advertising. There was a time when UGR wasn't allowed to post here and had to let the cars do the talking. I fail to see how much "marketing" is truly involved? it's not like sponsoring a few forums, a nice website (which Dallas Performance also has) and posting videos constitutes a large marketing effort. The cars are out there and perform, so I wouldn't be so bold as to imply the larger players "prioritze" their marketing and advertising over R&D.

Participating in events that prove the wares is the best form of marketing as it lays it all out on the table. Other tuners seem to avoid this at their peril. I'd rather see a company show all its cards at these events than follow a pseudo-skunkworks approach. To say that avoiding these events to "prioritize" on R&D is disengenuous as proving the performance there is part of R&D.

Sorry to threadjack, guys.

People sure do post silly comments sometimes. We are always finding more ways to make power and improve our systems. That is what our Race development team is for. We can do marketing and R&D at the same time as we are not just a one man operation.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that! Do you have a build thread anywhere I can follow.

On the other forum, DP has a thread they are maintaining.

Smoky, car looked good at TI, why didn't you run it? What kit do you have?

I didn't attend TI. Too many events this year, have to pick and choose which ones we attend. You must have seen another car.

Mine is a stage 2 build. 1000whp pump, 1200whp race

Peter I saw your car pull in during the Houston Lambo Festival. Looking real good!

I'm hoping to attend a mile event this year. Maybe the October one.

There was a time when UGR wasn't allowed to post here and had to let the cars do the talking.

That's correct, we got out there to the 1/4 mile track as soon as we got out first TT Gallardo off the dyno. We were at the track the same night and started to prove our work by proving the Performance of our systems. We never let up and we are not about to. Not sure why the newer tuners don't do the same, get out to the track with a video camera and show what their builds will do. Buy a Vbox and show some performance Data. Dyno #'s wont get you much from a Marketing standpoint. Not sure why some just try to sit back and say "we can do what they can do" Get out there and prove it. About every town has a track and any computer can order you a VBox ;)

I didn't attend TI. Too many events this year, have to pick and choose which ones we attend. You must have seen another car.

Mine is a stage 2 build. 1000whp pump, 1200whp race

Which races have you guys attended? Maybe you didnt know your car was at TI? Yellow DP TT SL with a huge wing? I saw it driving around in the parking lot, just not racing. There are pictures out there. Enjoy your car, be safe.

Guys, calm thy selves. I made the comment in jest, because the query made it sound like there were only two tuners doing Gallardos.

And I never pointed a finger at anyone. Strange, though, how defensive the replies became. No need for all that, right?

Understand I wasn't meaning to disrespect any other tuners. I'm very new to this community of cars and still have a lot to learn. Just here in Houston the twin turbo Gallardo owners I meet except 1 are all UGR customers.