Lamborghini Ecosta

jota

I love it!!! Lamborghini shocked the world with the Countach and it's scissor doors...this is equally as shocking and it has the fighter jet canopy and no doors. I hope they release a 2 seat version and it becomes the Gallardo replacement.

I had the same reflection ... the Lamborghini Egoista is so different from anything else we've seen before, it is years ahead of the competition and looks like it just landed from outer space ... sound familiar? Remember how the Lamborghini Countach prototype looked back in 1971 ... with those upward opening doors and wedge styling ... even the dashboard was totally digital back then.

Little over 40 years after the totally innovative, almost insane looking Countach prototype from the early Seventies Lamborghini created another totally avant-garde super car with the Egoista.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's outrageous, striking, angular, futuristic and a bit silly... All the reasons why Lamborghini ROCKS !

What a way to show it as well, great work!

I just hope all this doesn't mean further delays for the Gallardo replacement.

That thing is UGLY.. as in hideous! Wtf?? And for fucks sake, stop making this special editions all the time Lambo.. What's wrong with you Winkelman?

I can't take anything you say seriously with your avatar and statement all about F-cars! ;)

CAR IS AWESOME. PERIOD.

Plus this is a concept car...that is it. Does Lambo make too many special edition Gallardos...YES. Outside of that they made the Veneno and that was it. Ecosta is like a freaking F-117!

its frickin insane! love it!

and egoista means selfish....is that cause its only a one seater? haha

That thing is UGLY.. as in hideous! Wtf?? And for fucks sake, stop making this special editions all the time Lambo.. What's wrong with you Winkelman?

Please relax it's a concept which will never see production, certain elements of it will end up on their street cars but that's about it.

This concept had a different purpose it was simply done for the 50th Anny as an outrageous case study design :icon_thumleft:

If you saw the craziness in person and the active aero parts similar to the raptor's winglets, air intakes etc you'd realize what it is all about.

It's outrageous, striking, angular, futuristic and a bit silly... All the reasons why Lamborghini ROCKS !

What a way to show it as well, great work!

I just hope all this doesn't mean further delays for the Gallardo replacement.

Gallardo replacement car #1 is ready and hidden away in the factory, first hand info that's all I can say :icon_thumleft: , it's approx 12 months away, it will be CRAZY.

Gallardo replacement car #1 is ready and hidden away in the factory, first hand info that's all I can say :icon_thumleft: , it's approx 12 months away, it will be CRAZY.

Centro Stile has been pushing the boundries with such strong results over the past 24 months worth of limited concept cars that it gives hope towards the next Gallardo not being another vanilla "me too" entry as both the 458 and MP4 are currently.

That's not a knock against either of those cars, as both are exceptionally well engineered with supreme performance for the dollar at the top of the spectrum, but it can be argued that both are also a little too bland/conservative for a previous Lambo owner to fully enjoy from a style standpoint.

The Egoista, Veneno, and Sesto clearly wouldn't work as full production high-volume cars, but certain elements of each certainly could, and that's the basis for the optimism for the next G. Looking forward to seeing what they do next as they appear to be on a better track now than in previous years.

The 458 and MP4 are both snooze fest, I've said it many times all these cars are more than most can handle, I care very little for straigh line speed, quite irellevant, styling is where it's at and Lamborgini knocks it out of the park, it has no competition at the moment and when the Gallardo replacement gets here it will be even harder for the competition.

It's a concept car and outrageous, but I'm quite sure we do see some design cues or hints about the new gallardo there somewhere on the car. Launcing it at that event means that alot of discussion wil be had about the design and Lambo will get alot of feedback from actual owners.

Hey Winkkieman.

Small clue in your companies name, it says Automobilia not Aeroplane. Stop the fighter jet nonsense.

It makes you look a right pillock.

When the Countach came out it looked like it was from a hundred years in the future. Over the past 40 years automobiles have come a long way. The Egoista and Veneno are doing that now. I love it. I am honored to own the Veneno and I hope I can get an Egoista too.

There are quite a few exotic car companies making great cars. IMO Lamborghini is producing the most exciting production cars and special editions that make the competition look like they are a 100 years behind.

Viva Winkelmann and Reggiani !!!!!

I think it looks awesome. Easily one of the nicest concepts ever created. It's like the sidekick to the Veneno....Great job Lambo.

The 458 and MP4 are both snooze fest, I've said it many times all these cars are more than most can handle, I care very little for straigh line speed, quite irellevant, styling is where it's at and Lamborgini knocks it out of the park, it has no competition at the moment and when the Gallardo replacement gets here it will be even harder for the competition.

I completely agree..Well said.

I think the car is outrageous and brilliant. I hope they produce something similar in the future based on this concept.

Even if the styling isn't your cup of tea, at least appreciate that Lamborghini is still making some wild looking cars and pushing some boundaries. They could just play it safe like the ThethetheFerrari and the P1. When is the last time you saw a crazy concept from either marque?

Looks good to me...but mainly because it's fkn' outrageous. Shunning courageousness is a great indicator of uninterestingness-ness -- a choice that everyone makes to either be boring or make an impact. I'm glad Lambo is doing something about the epidemic of boring rather than sitting back with everyone else doing the same old shit, different day. Did the Germans suddenly realize that Lambo can live up to it's expectations if they loosen the reins a little?

**hey, 200 posts! I will be credible by default!**