WTF?! Soldier beheaded in the street SE London

Destructo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know what bobbies pack?

Firearms issued to Authorised Firearms Officers include:

Glock 17 pistol (used by various forces, including London's Metropolitan Police)[2]

Glock 26 pistol (issued to plain clothes officers of London's Metropolitan Police)[citation needed]

Walther P99 pistol (used by Nottinghamshire Police)

SIG Sauer P226 pistol (Used by Northamptonshire police)

Heckler & Koch MP5SF(used by various forces, including London's Metropolitan Police)[3]

Heckler & Koch G36 variants[4]

LMT-Defender AR-15 variant(used By Cheshire Police and British Transport Police)[5]

Heckler & Koch G3 variant(used for sniping roles)[6]

Remington 870 Shotgun (used by Manchester Police)[7]

I think the female officer was carrying the tazer, they were taken down with first shots from the glock but a MP5 is used by one officer present.

There would have been two MP5s in the boot at least.

Edit my friend in the Met sent me this http://www.eliteukforces.info/police/CO19/weapons/

But that links to what CO19 (now called SC019) use and I am not sure that the response team were that division.

Maybe I missed this, but French soldier stabbed in the neck while patrolling in French-Muslim neighborhood.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/25/world/europe...bing/index.html

Probably not related but still of the same theme. Anyone else think it's crazy that the French even patrol neighborhoods with their military? Must be a hell of a problem over there.

Not a French Muslim neighborhood, it was in La Défense it's actually a business district, in this particular case it was in the subway station.

The military are patroling certain neighborhoods due to multiple terrorists threats and attacks linked to the intervention of the French army in Mali (and before that Afghanistan) and djihad in general.

You might want to check this link to understand what we are facing here and why the military is patroling :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toulouse_and_...auban_shootings

Two French industrial sites (Areva) were bombed this week in Niger as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-...kshire-22689552

York Mosque praised for offering EDL protesters tea

A mosque has been praised for serving tea and biscuits to English Defence League supporters after the far-right group arranged a demonstration there.

About six people turned up to protest at the mosque in Bull Lane, York, on Sunday and were invited inside to play football with worshippers.

More than 100 supporters of the mosque had gone there after learning of the planned EDL protest.

Archbishop of York Dr John Sentamu said the mosque's response was "fantastic".

He said: "Tea, biscuits, and football are a great and typically Yorkshire combination when it comes to disarming hostile and extremist views."

Father Tim Jones, who went to the Bull Lane mosque, which is situated in his parish, said: "I've always known they were intelligent and compassionate people and I think this has demonstrated the extent to which they are people of courage - certainly physical courage and also a high degree of moral courage.

"I think the world can learn from what happened outside that ramshackle little mosque on Sunday."

Hull Road ward councillor Neil Barnes said it had been a "proud moment for York".

He said: "I don't think I'll ever forget the day that the York Mosque tackled anger and hatred with peace and warmth - and I won't forget the sight of a Muslim offering a protester tea and biscuits with absolute sincerity."

Fears over a demonstration grew after Yorkshire EDL Scarborough Division posted a message on its Facebook page calling for supporters to gather outside the mosque.

Imam Abid Salik said: "We did have a few people who did come to protest but when they came some of the members of the mosque went over and they engaged in a conversation.

"Some people went over with cups of tea and biscuits, they were talking for about 30 or 40 minutes and then they came inside, which was a really, really beautiful thing."

In other news

Relatives of Mr Adebolajo issued a statement of condolence to Drummer Rigby's family on Tuesday, saying: "As a family, we wish to share with others our horror at the senseless killing of Lee Rigby and express our profound shame and distress that this has brought our family."

They continued: "We wish to state openly that we believe that there is no place for violence in the name of religion or politics.

"We believe that all right thinking members of society share this view, wherever they were born and whatever their religion and political beliefs.

"We wholeheartedly condemn all those who engage in acts of terror and fully reject any suggestion by them that religion or politics can justify this kind of violence."

The statement added: "We unreservedly put our faith in the rule of law and, with others, fully expect that all the perpetrators will be brought to justice under the law of the land."

• 1 month later...