WTF?! Soldier beheaded in the street SE London

Destructo

It's not about guns. It's not about religion. If you eliminate those 2 you still have crazy people that will still hold on to some nutso idea. Hell, they could say the moon told them to do it.

Crazy is just crazy and it can't hide behind religion or guns or political parties.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible for me to wrap around the idea that the same code that is supposed to be 'good' can be interpreted as the exact opposite and carried out in the manner it often is with absolute justification from the same creator.

YOu and I were posting at the same time.

Here is the problem. The BASICS are good. Then you have a lot of old texts being followed that were written in the dark ages on old misguided beliefs. These are the things that need updated. Things like wives being property, stoning people to death, etc.

It's not about guns. It's not about religion. If you eliminate those 2 you still have crazy people that will still hold on to some nutso idea. Hell, they could say the moon told them to do it.

Crazy is just crazy and it can't hide behind religion or guns or political parties.

Exactly, too many people are quick to pigeon hole situations, often they do this to fall inline with their agenda.

For example look at EDL's twitter page which is a showcase of goping brain numbing dumb-arsey

It's going to be an impossible task. The best would be if the people of those religions were strong enough to scrutinize from within. Problem is that the creators of these religions were very smart. They build in tenets that said, have absolute faith and do not scrutinize.

The problem is they also built in tenets that said, those who do scrutinize you are your enemy. Herein we have a major problem.

You are right but its not impossible. As a society we need to remove the privileges that faith and religion hold. We need to ask questions and demand answers from people's positions. We do this in politics and we need to do it of faiths as well. When we scrutinize, blocking their ears and going "its my faith lalalalaala" shouldn't be an option.

You are right but its not impossible. As a society we need to remove the privileges that faith and religion hold. We need to ask questions and demand answers from people's positions. We do this in politics and we need to do it of faiths as well. When we scrutinize, blocking their ears and going "its my faith lalalalaala" shouldn't be an option.

Again, since society is made of 95% people of faith do you really think they're going to scrutinize themselves or let people of other or no faith scrutinize them?

YOu and I were posting at the same time.

Here is the problem. The BASICS are good. Then you have a lot of old texts being followed that were written in the dark ages on old misguided beliefs. These are the things that need updated. Things like wives being property, stoning people to death, etc.

Exactly! It needs a reformation, just like Christianity experienced centuries ago. The problem is, it's too decentralized to do anything worthwhile in a short period of time. Everyone interprets everything according to what their own interests or beliefs are. That is a problem. Then you have the people in Saudi Arabia who aren't too far from the taliban in interpretation and ideology. I always thought a reformation would come from the muslims living in the west, but until now, nothing has happened.

Fact. I have a lot of Muslim friends, not one shares this sentiment. I wish as a community they would take a stand and root this lunatic fringe out, sitting idle your letting a handful speak to the world on behalf of your 1.4 billion.

Bingo!

I have lots of Muslim friends myself all very decent people but I wish they would do more as a whole to stand against the scumbags who ruin it for them.

We as a society are very weak, too many politically correct tree hugging dreamers allowed to interfere, it won't be long until our rights and way of life will be almost nonexistent because we must make sure we make everyone happy.

Some of the reactions amaze me, it's sad to see how most of us are slowly turning into pussies, how do you accept being walked all over in your own "house" without doing anything about it ??

Anyone willing to guess what the consequences would be if the rolls were reversed and this would happen somewhere in the Middle East ??

Personally speaking, if your god is so great you don't need to run someone over and hack at them with a breadknife or put a bomb in a car to prove how great he is...

So lets drop religious conversation for now please. Like Politics, there is no real need for it on a car forum so let us stick to actual facts.

Again, since society is made of 95% people of faith do you really think they're going to scrutinize themselves or let people of other or no faith scrutinize them?

Well then its got to start with the other 5% then lol.

Guys

This is a thread that can potentially get out of hand. Everyone has shown some restraint so far, so please, keep it civil. I don't want it to turn into a war of opinions.

You are doing it wrong, you need to ask if when they make tea they put the milk in last or first. That is what we call MILF

Given that a man has just been publicly beheaded, your lighthearted comments are ... disturbing.

"We swear by Almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you. The only reasons we have done this is because Muslims are dying every day. There are many, many ayah throughout the Koran [referring to religious verses] that says we must fight them as they fight us, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. I apologize that women had to witness this today but in our land women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don’t care about you."

This is 100% not true. Most of these people are not "crazy". They often are well educated and known by their peers to be fairly normal. I'm not an expert on the topic but I'm sure they wouldn't exhibit the same signs as a psychopath would (ie a completely lacking in empathy and such) to be considered insane like some serial killers are.

The problem is not exactly religion but blind faith. Faith demands no rationality or explanation, which explains the irrational things it leads to. Irrational things as small as genuine beliefs horoscopes to as big as killing people because you think your god told you to do it.

Guys

This is a thread that can potentially get out of hand. Everyone has shown some restraint so far, so please, keep it civil. I don't want it to turn into a war of opinions.

OT

Please PM me your number I need to send you some info.

Capt Chaos what facts are you waiting for? Everything excluding religion? If Islam is causing these reactions, don't you think it needs to be looked at?

The motives and precise nature of the suspects actual links to any affiliation would be a pretty good start. Mental welbeing... the list is endless but we all seem to want to point to something.

No facts have been released, nothing has been confirmed, nothing has been denied. Yet you lot seem to know what the victim had for breakfast this time last year.

Seriously some of you lot need to get a firm grip. And turn off Fox news.

I have lots of Muslim friends myself all very decent people but I wish they would do more as a whole to stand against the scumbags who ruin it for them.

Replace 'Muslim' with 'Democrat' and see if it makes any sense to make implications on an ideology as a whole. Good people from a religion doesn't make the religion good. It doesn't work that way. If I recall from my understanding of Islam, it's not just a religion, but a whole lot of things wrapped up in one big package.

Personally speaking, if your god is so great you don't need to run someone over and hack at them with a breadknife or put a bomb in a car to prove how great he is...

So lets drop religious conversation for now please. Like Politics, there is no real need for it on a car forum so let us stick to actual facts.

Ya this would be nice. I come to LP to escape the daily BS and grind of politics and religion. There's enough floating around me I don't need it to infiltrate my favorite outlet for f-ing off and becoming distracted....

Ya this would be nice. I come to LP to escape the daily BS and grind of politics and religion. There's enough floating around me I don't need it to infiltrate my favorite outlet for f-ing off and becoming distracted....

Probably a good idea to open a thread called, "My lamborghini 0-60, tt vbox run "

instead of

" WTF?! Soldier beheaded in the street SE London"

if that's your goal.

Probably a good idea to open a thread called, "My lamborghini 0-60, tt vbox run "

instead of

if that's your goal.

:icon_mrgreen: :turboalex:

instead of

if that's your goal.

Yeah but the issue with that is that when you are addicted you can't control your urges, I think I've red every LP thread there is :lol2:

Islam and Mohammed are responsible for this. There, I said it.

Are you fcuking retarded?

The motives and precise nature of the suspects actual links to any affiliation would be a pretty good start. Mental welbeing... the list is endless but we all seem to want to point to something.

The statement made by the perp as seen on video and as I quoted above absolutely is not unique to this event. In nearly every event where westerners were attacked by Muslim terrorists, the reason and justification were the same:

1. Muslims dying

2. Koran justification to retaliate

Boston bombing, 9/11, 7/11, Times Square bomb attempt, Chicago bomb attempt, Mali, Afghanistan 'friendly' fire, Benghazi,......