WTF?! Soldier beheaded in the street SE London

Destructo

It is too early to moralise and pontificate over the rights and wrongs of respected religions or the policy for immigration or foreign affairs.

Are you fcuking kidding me? There is a pattern here that is too sensitive for public discourse apparently.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you fcuking kidding me? There is a pattern here that is too sensitive for public discourse apparently.

Excuse me while I don't flap and stamp my feet screaming for vengeance due to the actions of the vast minority.

It is too early to moralise and pontificate over the rights and wrongs of respected religions or the policy for immigration or foreign affairs.

I don't have a source for this as I heard it a while ago but I read that something like 40% of British muslims think they should not need to abide by the British law but rather Islamic law (ie Sharia).... that's a significant portion of the muslim population that think that the law of the land shouldn't apply to them.

Also found this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jan/29/thinktanks.religion

"Nearly a third of 16 to 24-year-olds believed that those converting to another religion should be executed"...this is not a "vast minority" that have what we view as extremist opinions.

We are seeing more and more of this because of the reaction of the people near by.

Everyone whips out their smartphone and videos them. Someone deeply deluded in the importance of their cause gets world wide attention whilst the victim is tended to by a handful of people. I am not saying the people holding the phones are worse than the wide-eye bat shit mental loon brandishing a machete but whilst someone sadly expires on the road they provide the platform for the demented and the world is their stage. No one felt like their life was in danger whilst they held a phone at eye level.

fcuk the smartphone... Id whip out my sig saur and ask for his political commentary through the gunsmoke....

Excuse me while I don't flap and stamp my feet screaming for vengeance due to the actions of the vast minority.

What or who is to blame for these type of reactions, which seem all too common from certain groups. What is your solution?

Civilized people don't 'scream' for vengeance. They 'scream' for truth and justice. A vast minority may carry out actions, but I highly doubt that it's only a minority that have the same type of anti-western and extreme sentiments.

fcuk the smartphone... Id whip out my sig saur and ask for his political commentary through the gunsmoke....

You are doing it wrong, you need to ask if when they make tea they put the milk in last or first. That is what we call MILF

I don't have a source for this as I heard it a while ago but I read that something like 40% of British muslims think they should not need to abide by the British law but rather Islamic law (ie Sharia).... that's a significant portion of the muslim population that think that the law of the land shouldn't apply to them.

Also found this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jan/29/thinktanks.religion

"Nearly a third of 16 to 24-year-olds believed that those converting to another religion should be executed"...this is not a "vast minority" that have what we view as extremist opinions.

I bet I can poll a large section of the population and ask them if they would like to not pay tax. I bet I can find more than 40% but I guess that will not happen...

Religious indifference has been around for years. The only difference is how it is reported.

What or who is to blame for these type of reactions, which seem all too common from certain groups. What is your solution?

Civilized people don't 'scream' for vengeance. They 'scream' for truth and justice. A vast minority may carry out actions, but I highly doubt that it's only a minority that have the same type of anti-western and extreme sentiments.

What solution do you suggest? Round up all the people of a certain faith an imprison them? It's not an easy thing to solve.

What solution do you suggest? Round up all the people of a certain faith an imprison them? It's not an easy thing to solve.

No, round up ALL people of faith and imprison them. Society will never be truly free to flourish and evolve whist the majority of people believe in fairy-tales.

We are seeing more and more of this because of the reaction of the people near by.

Really? I'd argue the clock is ticking and it's getting a bit too late. These things have increased in frequency and will only get worse. This was a pointless waste of life that would not have happened if the murderers were not followers of certain extremist ideologies. Had this murder been done for any other reason (money, jelousy, you name it) I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, just another psycho doing his thing, shit happens. But not in this case. This was a murder for the sake of it, and the cause is pretty clear to me. Blaming it on people's reactions is just another poor excuse.

I'd say more but I don't want to break any forum rules, or make anyone think I'm some sort of ignorant moron. And btw I'm half arab myself, and although I'm supposed to be muslim, in practice and beliefs I'm an atheist, no one can actually accuse me of anything, hey if we say it, it's ok isn't it?

The worst part is, normal people of middle eastern/south asian descent are the ones suffering the most because of the horrible image projected by events like these. Extremists are a small minority, I agree with that, but they sure do attract attention, and they sure do ruin things for everyone else.

I bet I can poll a large section of the population and ask them if they would like to not pay tax. I bet I can find more than 40% but I guess that will not happen...

That's simply not analogous to this situation. Given that there are reports of underground sharia courts in Britain (and I'm sure other places too) handing out various sentences for small and large matters, you can't just shrug off the will of a considerable portion of muslims as "that will not happen", especially if they grow in numbers and society continues to treat religion as an untouchable subject.

Its time we start to question and scrutinize religions and cultures the same way we would political parties or economic policies.

No, round up ALL people of faith and imprison them. Society will never be truly free to flourish and evolve whist the majority of people believe in fairy-tales.

Your hatred of religion is just drenched in hypocrasy...... :rolleyes:

Interesting idea, but how's 1-5% of the world going to imprison the other 95%. Additionally, despite being atheist myself, in current society faith at least in fundamentals has it's place.

It helps people be good for different reasons and gives them a code to live by. The problem is bastardization and poor teachings that take what is supposed to be good and fringe it into bad. People that take old outdated doctrine and twist it into what they teach is current and right.

I think the enemies are these teachers. The religious leaders who are simply power hungry animals, no better than royalty that was overthrown or other people in power that let that power consume them.

Something has happened, we do not know the full facts, we do not know the full motive. This should be my "go-to-reaction"?

Brock_Lesnar.gif

For one, those that are speaking up against certain aspects of Islam shouldn't be attacked and humiliated as if they are speaking out of hate or an irrational fear; phobia. That's a start.

No of course not. You imprison the people that commit crimes. For the others you do what I said in my other post: Its time we start to question and scrutinize religions and cultures the same way we would political parties or economic policies.

Its time we start to question and scrutinize religions and cultures the same way we would political parties or economic policies.

Beer is on me.

So it appears like a dozen or more people just stood around and did nothing? I'd like to hope that if I was there I would at least try to chuck my phone or a shoe or something at them to distract or interrupt them.

The problem is bastardization and poor teachings that take what is supposed to be good and fringe it into bad.

You can be certain about this or is this an assumption?

Fact. I have a lot of Muslim friends, not one shares this sentiment. I wish as a community they would take a stand and root this lunatic fringe out, sitting idle your letting a handful speak to the world on behalf of your 1.4 billion.

Welcome to page 1 post 12.

The response of the vast majority on here is absurdly laughable.

It cannot be confirmed what t-shirt the victim was wearing and people want another Crusades...

Everyone chill the fcuk out. They were so angry and so organised and wrote off their car by ploughing into a road sign and hung about because they had no fcuking clue what was going on. Excuse me whilst I sit down and take in this inordinate amount of planning and sophisticated warfare.

The way some of you are posting it as if what happened over here affects how you shit in a toilet.

I think this guy with his blood-soaked hands and two huge blades will become the poster child for why gun control doesn't prevent acts of horrific violence. Where there is a will, there is a way. Unfortunately this time the "way" was using a car and then some cutlery. Nasty situation. I feel for the family of the victim, what a terrible thing to endure.

No of course not. You imprison the people that commit crimes. For the others you do what I said in my other post: Its time we start to question and scrutinize religions and cultures the same way we would political parties or economic policies.

It's going to be an impossible task. The best would be if the people of those religions were strong enough to scrutinize from within. Problem is that the creators of these religions were very smart. They build in tenets that said, have absolute faith and do not scrutinize.

The problem is they also built in tenets that said, those who do scrutinize you are your enemy. Herein we have a major problem.

Fact. I have a lot of Muslim friends, not one shares this sentiment. I wish as a community they would take a stand and root this lunatic fringe out, sitting idle your letting a handful speak to the world on behalf of your 1.4 billion.

It's impossible for me to wrap around the idea that the same code that is supposed to be 'good' can be interpreted as the exact opposite and carried out in the manner it often is with absolute justification from the same creator.

So it appears like a dozen or more people just stood around and did nothing? I'd like to hope that if I was there I would at least try to chuck my phone or a shoe or something at them to distract or interrupt them.

Heroism can only be taken so far. If a group of people is attacking someone and they are set on a premeditated murder throwing a shoe or a phone is only going to get you killed yourself. I'm not saying don't be a hero, but think about your actions. Maybe the best thing to do would be to get your car and ram them down...then if England is like the USA, you get sued for running them down and lose everything.

Look at the basic rules of religions. They all say pretty much, don't be greedy, don't kill, don't steal, work hard, take care of your family, etc.