Diablo Refresh

Sudesh

Wow! That looks great :icon_thumleft:

It looks like the old casings are metal and new are plastic. Is that correct?

Thanks!

No the old OEM casings are plastic too. They have been in there so long the plastics are all faded outside and inside. I'm pretty sure the OEM ones were either silver or grey when new.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bit of searching through some catalogs from the same supplier as the front combination lights, I found these front fog/driving lights.

They are the closest Ive seen yet to the OEM ones, which are no longer available from Lamborghini and where a silly price from Lamborghini too. Also the new lights are a very strong quality and weight the same as OEM: 0.4kg

DSC_0280_zpsf87224bc.jpg

DSC_0279_zpsa42a7d5f.jpg

DSC_0281_zpsc2f0acd9.jpg

Have them installed now, and really happy with the result.

Sorry about photo quality, its been snowing all day and I didnt want to stand out in it lol

DSC_0297_zpsa03ecb8a.jpg

DSC_0296_zps1153b968.jpg

DSC_0295_zps951dfb37.jpg

DSC_0294_zpse07c87d5.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsb69e902e.jpg

DSC_0292_zpscba0dfe0.jpg

DSC_0291_zps3ce8a3b0.jpg

DSC_0290_zps6dc00bf7.jpg

DSC_0288_zpscaad6977.jpg

DSC_0287_zpsdc699a12.jpg

DSC_0286_zps80963137.jpg

Great work and attention to detail! Car looks amazing!

Great work and attention to detail! Car looks amazing!

Thanks Charlie,

The 4 front fog/driving lights were VERY first thing I wanted to change when I bought the car, but didn't have any luck finding them.

So almost a year later, I'm well pleased I found these versions, have finished the front off nicely. I just need to add the front SE30 grills now, found a brand new right side grill last nite so on the hunt for the left side.

Thanks guys!

Yeah sourcing around for alternatives to discontinued Diablo bits isn't easy, but I'm happy with the results so far.

• 2 weeks later...
After a bit of searching through some catalogs from the same supplier as the front combination lights, I found these front fog/driving lights.

They are the closest Ive seen yet to the OEM ones, which are no longer available from Lamborghini and where a silly price from Lamborghini too. Also the new lights are a very strong quality and weight the same as OEM: 0.4kg

DSC_0280_zpsf87224bc.jpg

DSC_0279_zpsa42a7d5f.jpg

DSC_0281_zpsc2f0acd9.jpg

i have the carello lenses if you want them

NOS

Hi Emilio,

Wish I had of know that before I went to the bother of installing these. From some research, there are mounting brackets and special bolts also needed to install the OEM lights too.

I'm looking forward to my next upgrade, found a complete set of OEM SE30 gauges, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow and ill get them installed.

Same as these

SE_30_5.jpg

Trying to see if I can find someone that can set it to current mileage.

So following on from this thread: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...p;#entry1107738

I noticed I had no dash/instrument illumination, never noticed before as Ive not driven my car at nite. But after installing the SE30 gauges, I wanted to see what they looked like lite up, well to my surprise, nothing lite up. So I checked the fuses, all was fine, checked the 10 button panel on the multi meter, everything was good there too. So I opened up the workshop manual and checked the wiring diagrams. The diagram lists "Instruments Lights Control Device 6 pin" By looking at the diagram you would think this device was inside the car, but I checked everywhere under the dash, and nothing was visible that fitted the description.

Wiring diagram, Number 140 is the unit Im after

SAM_0528_zps966232ba.jpg

SAM_0529_zps7e53babd.jpg

I then looked up the parts diagram, again by looking at that, you would think the unit was inside the car

Red Arrow is the unit

Rheostat_zpsf6c17844.gif

So only other option was to check behind the AMP panel in the front. With the panel removed I noticed a 6 pin plug just below the clutch master cylinder, I removed the plug for a better view of the unit it was attached too.

SAM_0520_zps56e92ee5.jpg

SAM_0519_zpsbc49d27a.jpg

I was pretty sure from here that this was the correct device I wanted, I checked the wiring codes with the workshop manual and they were pretty much identical, to do a few more checks, I used the multi meter to see if power would engage when lights were switched on and off.

Mult Meter connected to positive and negative - "Lights off" no power

SAM_0531_zpsddfc6de7.jpg

"LIGHTS ON"

SAM_0532_zpse3166e2b.jpg

So with this trial, I can confirm that this is the Rheostat/Dash Light control unit.

With the unit removed I noticed some damage

SAM_0522_zpsf82d5b95.jpg

SAM_0523_zpse8b23112.jpg

SAM_0524_zps920e44d1.jpg

SO I need to track down a replacement.

Also as another tester, I made a jumper cable to test the dash lights

SAM_0533_zpsf90dc222.jpg

SAM_0537_zpscebb6e4d.jpg

With the jumper cable in place, and lights switch on, the dash lights all work again

SAM_0536_zpsba44eb57.jpg

So all in all, its nice to have found the issue, I could make a more suitable jumper cable for now so the lights work, until I locate a replacement Rheostat.

Top work!

Your new gauges look sweet.

Where did you get the workshop manual from?

I see loads of different manuals for sale on ebay but don't know if any of them are any good???

Top work!

Where did you get the workshop manual from?

I see loads of different manuals for sale on ebay but don't know if any of them are any good???

Hi Lee,

I bought mine on eBay, it's just ok, wouldn't be the best workshop manual I ever read, to be honest, I'm pretty sure there isn't really any better manual, think Lamborghini at that time just quickly threw it together. Ive seen the OEM manual for my model year, and it wasn't any different to the eBay one.

Most of the work I've done on my Diablo, is purely by learning as I go, I've been working on cars for years so have some background knowledge.

genius

Lol your too kind. I'm no genius, I just hate being beaten lol. And the GENIUSES at Lamborghini in the early days, didn't make things simple, even a simple diagram by Lambo, doesn't explain allot.

Lol your too kind. I'm no genius, I just hate being beaten lol. And the GENIUSES at Lamborghini in the early days, didn't make things simple, even a simple diagram by Lambo, doesn't explain allot.

Haha.. I have heard. I befriended a Lambo tech well before I was ever able to afford one. He told me how crazy some of the wiring and computer stuff was. Audi definitely helped straighten that stuff out when they came along.

Love your car and I enjoy watching your progress. Good work! :icon_thumleft:

The latest part to arrive is the OEM speedo fascia. When I purchased my car, it already had the fascia finished in carbon affect, [not very well done] So I decided to buy as new fascia and cahe it moulded and create these in proper genuine carbon. Interesting to see, like allot of other lambo interior parts, the panel comes unfinshed, just the bare metal.

DSC_0624_zpsa0b99fda.jpg

DSC_0626_zps8065531a.jpg

DSC_0625_zpsdae6b4d3.jpg

Also while heaving a nosey through some Diablo pics, I noticed that the pop up lights has a silver metal-flake type decals at each of the lamp trim.

Number 10 and 12 here

079_9444_01_00.gif

So I purchased these for my own car

DSC_0627_zps7548deb1.jpg

DSC_0628_zps803e45a5.jpg

DSC_0629_zpsb968a940.jpg

I assume you'll be taking some pictures with them on the car? How goes the door sill project?

Yeah of course, once the fascia is finished, I'll be replacing the one on my own car. Sill plates are close to bring finished, just need to make them thinner, but all looking good. Rest of the bits should be ready in a couple of weeks.