New Purchase!

LA_Brit

Been hankering for some old school Porsche for a while and something came up for sale on Monday that i simply had to jump on and i snapped it up on Wednesday!

1989 Supersports (basically a turbo without the engine) with so much work into it (to the tune of $70k) that it's quite insane!

143k on the clock, however it's just had a complete upper and lower engine rebuild 3000 miles ago by the best in the business in the UK - Tuthills. Had a new clutch etc. about 10k ago at a main dealer which is nice.

Custom Exhaust

RSR front and rear bumpers.

Ducktail spoiler.

1974 RS mirror on driver side only - ordered another one as it's a bastard to park without one in Central London!

Complete respray aside from the roof with any areas that needed attention sorted.

200kg's of weight removed.

RS Door cards

Radio delete

centre console delete

rear wiper delete

lightweight brand new carpets throughout

Ultra light weight driver and passenger seats!

rear seatbelt delete

Original Fuchs at the front with custom Braids at the back along with custom tyres and geo which is ultra aggresive.

Momo wheel

Clock removal on the dash to save weight - the previous owner was nuts!

Carbon fibre rear strip.

Custom Graphics in grey to mirror the RS look.

So many more things that i'm probably forgetting.

Took it out for for dinner Thursday night and it got "spotted" and tagged on Instagram while i was with my gf! The car defines character and my god is it fun without the power steering - it's like a gokart! Sounds absolutely phenomenal too!

935916_525153270879113_1744440154_n.jpg

I've got it going in for quite a few upgrades in a couple of weeks:

Adding an ultra light radio and components (small sub, sinfoni amp, morel speakers and the Porsche classic nav head unit), new alarm & tracker, redoing the seal on the windscreen as it's not perfect, light weight rear cluster that saves 3kg , new strut brace and a few other bits and bobs. It's so easy to drop money on these cars but this is an absolute keeper, especially as i have all of the original bumpers and sills etc.

Overall, delighted with it!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're building quite the wonderful collection, enjoy!

I really love those tyres, brings the whole car together imho. I bet it sounds lovely :icon_super:

You're building quite the wonderful collection, enjoy!

I really love those tyres, brings the whole car together imho. I bet it sounds lovely :icon_super:

YEAH! Congrats!

Looks fantastic! I'm a bit confused though, if you're looking to drop weight, why leave in the heavy seats and power windows?

If you re-read the spec you'll note that the seats are aftermarket and extremely light weight. The previous owner had a son and needed access to the rear, hence the fact that they fold and why there's only one rear seatbelt behind the driver, he removed the other one.

I'm glad he kept the original power windows and sunroof, as these were future items he was going to address but decided to sell for his next project. I don't care how much weight these items removed will save, i want some mod cons! I'm also adding the bloody clock back onto the dash!

If you re-read the spec you'll note that the seats are aftermarket and extremely light weight.

Those are manual 1985 through 1994 oem Porsche seats.

That car oozes class. Nice pickup!

:iamwithstupid: what's even better is that someone else has already done the work, all you have to do is enjoy!

Love it!

Does anyone know where there is a "market" for these types of cars to find them for sale? Would love to entertain the idea of one of these to road race with...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate.

I get it back tomorrow hopefully after having all of the bits and bobs added to it.

I mayyyyyy have just bought another car too...arrives Friday. I need to calm down on the purchases.

I mayyyyyy have just bought another car too...arrives Friday. I need to calm down on the purchases.

:eusa_think:

another classic or something modern?