Wtf is wrong with people?

abolfaz

That's nothing. In Texas, there was a couple that built a $50+ million French chateau mansion that was in the middle of nowhere, right next to a trailer park and five minutes from a Wal-Mart! :D The couple that built it were suffering from "Oversized Mansion Syndrome" where they built a home much too large to live in, and decided they wanted to downsize.

That's nothing. In Texas, there was a couple that built a $50+ million French chateau mansion that was in the middle of nowhere, right next to a trailer park and five minutes from a Wal-Mart! :D The couple that built it were suffering from "Oversized Mansion Syndrome" where they built a home much too large to live in, and decided they wanted to downsize.

Not sure about the Texas home but, those of us familiar with homestead know what a shit hole homestead is.

Not sure about the Texas home but, those of us familiar with homestead know what a shit hole homestead is.

It is called Champ d'Or: LINK It's a shame too in that it's a really quality piece of architecture from what I understand, truly adherent to French architecture. But built in a location where most would not want it (someone did end up buying it after the price was waaay reduced).

It is called Champ d'Or: LINK It's a shame too in that it's a really quality piece of architecture from what I understand, truly adherent to French architecture. But built in a location where most would not want it (someone did end up buying it after the price was waaay reduced).

Wow the champ d'or is nice. That Florida home is bad taste poorly executed as far as most of the interior.

Wow the champ d'or is nice. That Florida home is bad taste poorly executed as far as most of the interior.

I watched an interview with the Homestead owner. He said that he's ready for another "project". Apparently he gets his jollies from building the places and spec'ing them out, not necessarily living in them.

While I agree the moat is cool, the building itself has absolutely NO architectural value, and if it's built in a bad area it has even less financial value. The definition of kitsch, imo.

I like the photoshop work they did with the water, we all know it isn't crystal blue like that in the irrigation canals too.

Come to think about it, I don't believe such a large body of water surrounding your house in the tropical climate of Florida is a good idea at all. Must be a magnet for insects, lizards, and other undesirable creatures around the house. :D

That castle home was on TV last week featured on one of those cable shows...extreme pools or something. The guy is an architect and said something along the lines of how the moat idea wasn't the original intent, but evolved into that after they tried other ideas (gardens, etc.) that didn't work out.

...try flying over the middle east at a 1000ft and witness the sprawling oasis compounds in every country. It's mind boggling how utterly massive and extreme some of those places get.

Don't care for the interior or exterior at all of that "castle" home. That said, I have no problem with fantasy architecture if done right. A strict classicist would say, "You are violating the rules of that architectural style!" Yes, but if no one changed the rules here and there, new styles of architecture would never have evolved off of the old ones.

That castle home was on TV last week featured on one of those cable shows...extreme pools or something. The guy is an architect and said something along the lines of how the moat idea wasn't the original intent, but evolved into that after they tried other ideas (gardens, etc.) that didn't work out.

...try flying over the middle east at a 1000ft and witness the sprawling oasis compounds in every country. It's mind boggling how utterly massive and extreme some of those places get.

Well when you've got an unlimited supply of $$$$ from the oil revenues, you can do that.

Here are some examples of fantasy pieces of architecture that if built I am sure would have modernists and strict classicists both screaming :)

LINK

Ive lived in that area. If you dont have to leave the home, and you redecorate/redesign the whole interior, and you are into guns/shooting-this is a perfect home. Or you want to run a Nudist Colony (with alot of bug spray). If you are a redneck, and want to have farmland, and a huge pad, and be close to boating/hunting-this may be the place for you.

If you want anything to do outside your property-this is not the home for you. :badgrin:

I like the photoshop work they did with the water, we all know it isn't crystal blue like that in the irrigation canals too.

I'd get a bunch of pool filters and throw some chlorine into that bitch. :icon_mrgreen:

I'd get a bunch of pool filters and throw some chlorine into that bitch. :icon_mrgreen:

Id throw some Gators in that summamab!tch if I lived way out in the sticks over there. :icon_mrgreen:

Id throw some Gators in that summamab!tch if I lived way out in the sticks over there. :icon_mrgreen:

That totally reminds me of a friend who had baby alligators when we were in high school. When they got too big they released them. Later he heard a story of someone who lived by the lake talking about a friendly alligator that ate out of their hands.

That totally reminds me of a friend who had baby alligators when we were in high school. When they got too big they released them. Later he heard a story of someone who lived by the lake talking about a friendly alligator that ate out of their hands.

Are alligators capable of being friendly? In Canada, there was a pet python that got lose and killed the friends of the son of the owner who was having a sleepover.